Ares Games

Thread: What’s with kids these days?

Default What’s with kids these days?

So my wife and I went away for the weekend. We knew my son was going to have a party while we were gone. It’s okay. We talked about it with him before we left. He’s 20. We trust him.

It must have gone pretty well. The police didn’t come. The carpet wasn't destroyed. No house fires. No glassware broken. A few beers missing maybe, but the scotch untouched. Even the dishes were done.

However. There was this. one. thing. He dragged out all my WGS models and he and his friends played a big game of WoW at the dining room table.

Now let's be clear. This was not discussed before we left. I mean, I guess I’m okay with it, I mean I was okay with it until I discovered they broke my F4F-4 WildCat’s antenna. Not the cheaper easy-to-replace Martlett’s antenna but the Wildcat. Of course.

I knew there’d be a price to pay. Something had to be broken. I just knew it.

I just didn’t know what.

What was he thinking? - he could have broken a few glasses or made a mess of the carpet so that you'd see the damage in context ....... wait, what am I saying - the F4F damage is worse than any of that

That's rough Max, but your house is still there at least.
    If my lads had touched any of my stuff without asking it would have been a and the elder one is 40.
    I think you have been very restrained about it all.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Wait until he asks what you want for Birthday or Christmas...!

Yeah! Dave's right... Make him give you one WoG plane for Christmas and birthday for the next 10 years! One?! Make it two to help creating character in him.

Dave and Joaquim have the right idea, but don't be too hard on him. Wish my son still played wargames with me.

I would have to say you are lucky and brought you son up good. So congratulations to you for that and he owes you a new plane.

I wish my son was near enough to play. I do think a new plane is in order.

I'd be upset that I wasn't asked to play. Make him round them up again to re-enact the crime!

It depends... are they for show as display models never to be removed from their boxes, or are they for use?
    If the latter, these things will happen. All you can do is minimise it, not prevent it entirely.

Thumbs up

[QUOTE=Tommy Z;299803]I'd be upset that I wasn't asked to play. Make him round them up again to re-enact the crime! [QUOTE]

AMEN to that.
    Max you might have started something BIG without knowing it & at the cost of one antenna.
    Get him to make & fit a metal one.

That sounds fantastic! The damage of 1 fighter for the recruitment of several pilots. And the game grows. I say it's well worth it. I have lost most of my antennas on Wildcats and Zeros. But I've gained many pilots. Origins takes it's toll every year. I can hardly wait for replacements. I trust you Ares!
    Party on guys!
    Thomas

Love it when my 20 year old plays any of my games.

hhmmmm, balance the score sheet. one broken antenna on an out of print A/C vs how many potential new targe.....errrr......players. not a horrible trade off (and im sure youll get some new plane out of it)

Damn, why didn't he broke the big TV or why didn't he put fire to something...
    But the WILDCAT'S ANTENNA NO!!!! Why? At least he had fun....
    He's a grown up boy........ Make him buy you some for 4 minis and give you a hug, and all will be fine im sure.
    Thanks

Nick

Have you thought of making his friends draw lots , then taking out the looser and shooting him as an example ?

Or is that a tad too drastic, bear in mind your broken antenna before answering

What?!
    Are you all saying that the holiness of our game, the sanctity of our planes can be compromised with broken antennas, just for the sake of MORE people playing with little cute planes? No...

Similar Missions

1. Got kids?
    By clipper1801 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-20-2013, 19:39
  2. Kids and history
    By PunkReaper in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-08-2013, 15:24
  3. National Adaptions(not kids)
    By gavain2 in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 9