Ares Games

Thread: Wera tools?

Default Wera tools?

I've recently started acquiring some Wera tools. It is a German company (the factory is actually in the Czech Republic) and I was wondering if these are a common brand of hand tools in Germany? Can you buy these in a typical hardware store over there, or do you have to go to a tool specialty type of store?

Danke,

Keith

Never heared of those tools before, Herr Oberst. (because I have nothing to do with car/bike mechanics )

The central firm is in Wuppertal. Maybe they have an own shop there. (can't find this information on their homepage)

Seems to be a very special product, but you can find those tools in many tool shops or building centers.

I wrote my postal code in the shop search option and it spits out only six shops in Nürnberg that have Wera tools.
    Voilà le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Thanks Sven. Any chance you could visit one of those shops and get a price sampling for me? I'm not sure what the stores would stock, so it might be easiest if you just got the product code and price for a couple of their products. This would be much appreciated.

Poor timing Keith! If you had posted this a couple of months ago you could have had the Leaselend candidate bring you over a bagfull
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

I know right! But I'll actually be over there next month... so trying to decided if I should buy them here on sale, or get them over there and lug them back.

Copy from Czech part of the forum:

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Sam View Post
    Wera Tools are from Bystřice pod Pernštejnem. Czech craftsmen praise this brand. Do not know anything about prices, but try Heureka website - it is a search web for best prices here in Czech Republic (1$ = 20 CZK). Did it help to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Thanks Sven. Any chance you could visit one of those shops and get a price sampling for me? I'm not sure what the stores would stock, so it might be easiest if you just got the product code and price for a couple of their products. This would be much appreciated.
    I'll see what I can do.

Are you looking for something special?

Everything. lol

Mainly their large Joker wench set, , and several of their ratchets: 3/8 Zyklop Metal, 1/2 Zyklop Metal and 3/8 Zyklop Speed.

I can't tell on their German site if they sell just socket sets without the ratchets or not. Here in the US, we can only get socket sets with the ratchets included.

It's a little bit complicated.

Seems Wera Tools sells their products only via tool shops or building centers.

The most low priced company seems to me the Conrad company (Large Joker Wench Set 218,95 € (296,13 $), 3/8 Zyklop Metal 41,99 € (56,80 $), etc...)

Conrad has stores in every bigger German town and the best assortment of Wera tools. You can check this on the web site if you put a tool into the shopping basket and choose Conrad as selling store.

There you can see the price of the item.

If they don't have it in the store you can order it and Wera delivers it to the store for pick up.

I can help if you decide to buy it here in Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    I can't tell on their German site if they sell just socket sets without the ratchets or not. Here in the US, we can only get socket sets with the ratchets included.
    I can't answer you this question, too. (low tech understanding)

Maybe it's the best to contact them directly

info@wera.de

Thank you very much Sven for looking into this for me. The Conrad prices are very close to the online discount prices here in the US. I'm thinking that the taxes over there would push the price up enough to not make it cost effective for me to buy there.

Can you tell from the Conrad website if they have a store in Ramstein-Miesenbach? I tried to run Google translate on it, but did not see how I could locate any of their stores. Even if not the best place for me to buy them, it would be nice to see and hold them (and other brands) to decide if that model is right for me.

Conrad has three stores around Rammstein:

Mannheim 40 km from Rammstein

Morchfeldstr. 37-39,
    68199 Mannheim

Öffnungszeiten
    Mo.-Fr. 10.00-20.00 Uhr
    Sa. 10.00-18.00 Uhr

Saarbrücken 40 km from Rammstein

Trierer Straße 16-20,
    gegenüber EUROPA-Galerie,
    66111 Saarbrücken

Öffnungszeiten
    Mo.-Sa.9.30-19.30 Uhr

Mainz 50 km from Rammstein

Binger Straße 14-16,
    55122 Mainz

Öffnungszeiten
    Mo.-Sa. 9.30-19.30 Uhr

We have a Conrad store in Nürnberg, too.

Similar Missions

1. Handy tools!
    By clipper1801 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-17-2013, 04:21
  2. TOOLS
    By BobP in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-05-2012, 14:09
  3. The most expensive tools in my toolbox
    By Niclas in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-09-2011, 05:33
  4. Has Ken got his own range of tools now?
    By Guntruck in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-16-2011, 16:03