Ares Games

Thread: Another Fine Zep!

Default Another Fine Zep!

I finally slipped an RAF Zeppelin past the quartermaster! It arrived in fine shape this week and I have requisitioned another!

It is exquisite! The fine details have to be seen to be appreciated! Here is a view of the nose section with a few minis for comparison.

At 1/288" scale it is a bit small, but it makes up for it in detail and charm!

I have decided to finish this one as a display model just the way it is! A second is coming that I will cover and paint, more to come! But I could not cover the beautiful design and execution, it makes a great display of 3D printing artistry and scale, Well done!

Too Cool!

Very Impressive! Your right, a true work of art.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

What about a half and half David? Only cover 1 side from front to rear and show all the interior detail on the other.

Neil

PS: You could always add a few of the gas bags too.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Too late! its on its way! It would be cool to try the bags, but lots of challenges inside to do it . . . that's a job for the nano-elves!

Heaven help me for asking this Dave, but without having time to go to the Shapeways site tonight, how much do those cost?
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Ł48.27

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Heaven help me for asking this Dave, but without having time to go to the Shapeways site tonight, how much do those cost?
    Rob.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Thanks, that one was fun to do, and I really look forward to seeing one "skinned"! The outside dimensions and parts should all be accurate (within the limits of printing technology, and the need for a joint in the center), but the arch and struts on the inside were added for strength and stiffness. The first version I printed did not have the internal arch, and it was much less rigid.

It would be nice to do on in 1/144, but I suspect it would have to be broken into three parts, and it would get quite expensive. (The framework itself would only double in price, but the gondolas and joining pieces would cost 4x to 8x; since it is priced by "amount of material used".) So I'm afraid you'll be in the zeppelin-production business for the foreseeable future, Clipper! :-)

Wow, what an amazing model. I would never have thought just a few short years ago that such a thing would have been possible short of scratch building. Very nice model for sure.

That looks superb Daryl - the skinned one will look the part for sure !

Similar Missions

1. A fine Christmas gift: 250 Rep!
    By Jager in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-28-2013, 12:53
  2. Fine interview with a RFC recon pilot
    By GilmoreDK in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-16-2013, 11:21
  3. National: L'elenco dei wingman italiani - situazione a fine Maggio
    By Attila57 in forum Italian Wing
    Replies: 0