Ares Games

Thread: Knights of the air.

Default Knights of the air.

Me an my mate, have started playing the campaign.
    And I have a few questions. Is there a FAQ?

Q.1. 8 cards of ammo per gun per game, short range uses two cards, we've house ruled 1 long or 1 short, as range isn't dependant on amount of ammo but accuracy?

Q2. Do balloons and ground targets count towards aces kill score?

Any help appreciated.
    Cheers si.

Q2. Historically balloons count as kills towards Ace, but ground targets do not. For example, Luke was an ace with 14 balloon and 4 aircraft victories...

Q1. I believe your house rule is in keeping with OTT and every other instance I've seen regarding use of the Lewis gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted_terrain View Post
    ...Q.1. 8 cards of ammo per gun per game, short range uses two cards, we've house ruled 1 long or 1 short, as range isn't dependant on amount of ammo but accuracy?
    Haven't played it Si but my understanding is that at close range you use 1 card from your ammo allowance and 1 card from a common deck to make up the two.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Haven't played it Si but my understanding is that at close range you use 1 card from your ammo allowance and 1 card from a common deck to make up the two.
    That is correct Dave. This means you don't consume more ammo at short range but the second card ensures you are more accurate at short range if you do hit.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Similar Missions

1. Monday knights
    By Biggles downunder in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-08-2013, 14:49
  2. WW2 Knights in the Sky
    By CappyTom in forum WGS: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-25-2011, 00:32
  3. National: Knights of the air campaign...
    By Bluedevil in forum Belgian Wing
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-07-2011, 13:02