Ares Games

Thread: 1/200 Scotia Grendel ww2 figthers

Default 1/200 Scotia Grendel ww2 figthers

I've bought some Scotia Grendel models.They didn't look quite alright in the photos, but they were so inexpensive that I've gave them a go.

You can see the store here:

http://www.scotiagrendel.com/Product...x&cPath=224_93

They took their time to arrive - but I'm always expecting my bad luck.
    I was really surprised with how good they are.
    I've bought these:

Me-109E - Good casting. Good rendition of the me-109. Excellent proportions. Not terribly detailed but enough to make a good painted model at the given scale. After having this in my hands I'll have to give a solution to the 4 me-109E from AIR200.
    FW-190A - Excellent casting. It feels like a FW-190.
    P-51B - Lovely model. Not very detailed but with perfect proportions.
    P-47D Bubble hood - This is the best. Perfect lines.

I'm so happy with them that I bought some more. I wish Scotia Grendel had more variety. They cost £1,50 each.
    They also have Spits, Mk.1, Mk.5 and Mk.13, Hurricanes Mk.1, Me-109F and G's and P-51D's and P-47 Razorbacks.

What are you all waiting for?

Thanks for the heads up. I will have to look again at them.

Thank you for letting us know about this company. I had not heard of them before.

Very interesting Joaquim.
    I had a look at there 1:300 Infantry and Armour, but as they had no Italians, I bought a ship instead for my Air Sea Rescue launch.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

I'm happy to be helpful.
    This weekend I'll take some photos.
    I'm acking to paint something and upload my last AAR but this thing with my computer took off some of my free time.

Models look good , thanks for posting. Looking forward to seeing your painted ones

Nice link thanks very much, squadrons for pennies!

P-51B Mustang

Not terribly detailed and 3mm smaller than the Ares one, but with all the soul of the Mustang. These ones will have British colors

A card? A card? My kingdom for a card?

Side by side with the Ares P-51D.

P-47D Bubble Canopy Thunderbolt

The lines of this model are almost perfect. I lost some of the machine guns, but that's a problem I can solve...

It's heavy, but I'll try to paint it quickly. Card?

Me-109E Emil

The Emil was my greatest joy. I need 4 for my Spanish Civil War and these came handy.

The model doesn't have a lot of detail but transpires the Me-109 completely.

You can see the comparing of four different models. Up: Nexus; right: Scotia; bottom: AIM; left: AIR200
    The Me-109 from AIR200 is so terrible that I prefer not even talk about it.

FW-190A

This is another good model. It has virtually no detail in the bottom but we can see clearly that it is a FW-190A and it has the feel of it.

I will acquire some more of this one.

It really stands very well with its longer and younger brother...