Ares Games
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1923-1953 Request Thread

Default 1923-1953 Request Thread

Might as well start the ball rolling for the Twenties-Korean War requests with one for the North American A-36 Apache. A dive bomber version of the P-51, 500 were built and saw service in the Med and the CBI theater, proving effective in the role while also maintaining the outstanding low level air-to-air capability of all Allison-engined Mustangs. I do have a weakness for early P-51s; the D is of course a thoroughbred (and then there's the hot rod H), but my favorite Mustang in terms of looks is the B, with the RAF Mustang I, A-36, and P-51A close behind. AIM does have a 1/200 scale A-36 listed in their catalog, but its been 'TBR' (To Be Revised) for several years now, and I like my models to include propeller blades in any case. Three views and pictures follow; again, I do not claim ownership, but am providing these to show the aircraft requested to our Shapeways designers.

3 views: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a36.jpg 
Views:	355 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	137103Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A-36.gif 
Views:	353 
Size:	5.5 KB 
ID:	137104

Dive brakes and nose armament: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A-36 2.jpg 
Views:	354 
Size:	6.9 KB 
ID:	137105Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A36_09.jpg 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	137106

Name:	100215020007_a-36-web.jpg 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	137108Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a36apache-6.jpg 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	137109Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a36apachewl_1.jpg 
Views:	356 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	137110Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images.jpg 
Size:	9.3 KB 
ID:	137111Click image for larger version. 

Name:	POF10-D1_A-36A_Apache_0761.jpg 
Views:	352 
Size:	119.5 KB 
ID:	137112

I'd like a Fieseler Fi.167 for my what-if German carrier group:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fieseler Fi 167 3D.jpg 
Views:	341 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	151511

Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Dewoitine 510

Name:	dewoitine510_3v.jpg 
Views:	332 
Size:	138.8 KB 
ID:	153626

Chinese service, also limited service in Battle of France. 2 used by IJN pre-war.

Name:	pavla72065reviewgp_1.jpg 
Views:	329 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	153627

Name:	d510_c1_177.jpg 
Views:	332 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	153628

Top speed: 250 mph (402 km/h)
    Wingspan: 40' (12 m)
    Length: 26' 1" (7.94 m)

Spanish Civil War too?
    ZJ deck, I'd say.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Spanish Civil War too?
    ZJ deck, I'd say.
    Karl
    Right on both counts.

Useful for a "The War that Started Early" what-ifs.
    Karl

Karl
    Found one (the only one on Shapeways, according to their search function):
    http://www.shapeways.com/product/T48...ionId=55884797
    The designer has a number of interesting planes in 1/285th. I'm going to ask him about the possibility of rescaling to 1/200. Don't know how hard that is.
    Karl

Would love to see a Martin B-26 Marauder. The B-26 had more than its share of teething troubles thanks to its high wing loading and extremely high landing speed, thus gaining the nicknames 'the Widowmaker' and 'the Incredible Prostitute' (since it moved fast and its wings had 'no visible means of support'), but once fixes were applied and the crews became accustomed to their tendencies, Marauders were very effective medium bombers , for example having the lowest loss rate of any USAAF bomber in the ETO. They were also used in the SW Pacific through 1943, as torpedo bombers at Midway, and by the RAF and South African Air Force. The B-26 is also perhaps the best looking WWII era American bomber-even motionless on the ground, everything about it screams 'hot ship' . The images enclosed are only provided to give the designers the idea of what making the model would entail.

Name:	b-26-marauder-american-bomber.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	66.6 KB 
ID:	171382Click image for larger version. 

Name:	martin-b-26-marauder-american.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	171383

Name:	martin-maurader-b-26-scale-drawing.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	171384Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b-26.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	171385

Karl
    Now available in 1/200 - https://www.shapeways.com/product/T4...r-fi-167-1-200

Also available from the same designer

P-66 Vultee Vanguard https://www.shapeways.com/product/2H...vanguard-1-200

Ki-102 Randy https://www.shapeways.com/product/UL...02-randy-1-200

Here's a request for the Dornier 24 flying boat. Designed to meet a Dutch requirement for use in the East Indies, the Do.24 was one of the most seaworthy flying boats ever built. Over thirty were in service when Japan invaded the Dutch East Indies, and they saw heavy use, with one sinking a Japanese destroyer. After the fall of the East Indies, six surviving aircraft were operated by the Royal Australian Air Force. Meanwhile, even though it had been beaten out by the Blohm und Voss BV 138 for Luftwaffe use, the Germans were impressed by the Do.24, so when its production facilities in Holland came under their control, over a hundred and fifty aircraft were built for the Luftwaffe and used for patrol and air-sea rescue, making the Dornier 24 one of the few aircraft to see extensive use by both Allied and Axis forces in World War Two. After the war, Do.24s was still in use by Sweden, France and Spain, with the Spanish aircraft remaining operational into the Sixties. I claim no ownership of the following images; they're provided to illustrate what making a model could involve.

Name:	Do24 3-view-combi_large.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	172413

Name:	1024px-Dornier_Do_24_on_Display.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	212.1 KB 
ID:	172412

Name:	Dornier_Do_24N_Romania_1941.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	225.9 KB 
ID:	172414Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dornier_Do24.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	172415

Name:	dornier-24.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	172416

I was considering starting a thread like this, but I thought I'd give this one a kick.
    I have a list as long as my arm that I would like to request, but I'll start with these:

Mitsubishi A6M2 'Zeke'
    Nakajima B5N 'Kate
    Grumman F6F Hellcat
    Grumman TBF Avenger

Pacific seems to be the poor cousin currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Foz View Post
    I was considering starting a thread like this, but I thought I'd give this one a kick.
    I have a list as long as my arm that I would like to request, but I'll start with these:

Mitsubishi A6M2 'Zeke'
    Nakajima B5N 'Kate
    Grumman F6F Hellcat
    Grumman TBF Avenger

Pacific seems to be the poor cousin currently.
    The Zeke, Kate and Avenger are available from AIM:
    http://www.angelfire.com/nj4/armamen.../resin09mm.htm
    You'll have a better surface for paint than Shapeways, and probably less expensive.
    No Hellcat though
    But he has both styles of Corsairs
    Karl

I've been thinking on resin, but I prefer the idea of the detail of FUD on Shapeways over resin (though I agree resin will be better than WSF).
    I'm doing a test order this weekend of a few planes in FUD off of Shapeways to get a handle on the material for myself, as there is mixed feelings on this forum over it.
    If I don't like it, AIM or Magister Militum will be my next stop.
    Annoyingly none do a Hellcat (or Helldiver as I would add that to my list too now)

Shapeways designers haven't really explored 1/200 WWII aircraft to much extent; Kampflieger and Decapod both have several offerings, and some other of the more obscure aircraft have been done by Nick Hawkins, Carlos2K10, and others. I feel more comfortable with FUD for WWII models than First Wolrd War types, so Dragontamer96, who I think is a newcomer, and his work look interesting: FW-190A-8 https://www.shapeways.com/product/4T...ionId=57911518 , A6M Zero https://www.shapeways.com/product/ZC...ionId=57911446 , and Hurricane II https://www.shapeways.com/product/RU...ionId=57911395 . However, I did recently order my first AIM models as well, and have to echo the high praise they've been given by others here.

Dragontamer96's models look lovely, but they are twice the price of Decapod's.
    I may see what else he brings out though, as more obscure things are worth the little extra sometimes.

Dragontamer96's models look lovely, but they are twice the price of Decapod's.
    I may see what else he brings out though, as more obscure things are worth the little extra sometimes.
    Brittleness and price. That's a deal breaker.
    Karl

With AIM you also get bomb and torpedo with the Kate version. I put one on with mini magnets, worked a treat. The detail o the resin models of AIM is outstanding.

I've been thinking on resin, but I prefer the idea of the detail of FUD on Shapeways over resin (though I agree resin will be better than WSF).
    I'm doing a test order this weekend of a few planes in FUD off of Shapeways to get a handle on the material for myself, as there is mixed feelings on this forum over it.
    If I don't like it, AIM or Magister Militum will be my next stop.
    Annoyingly none do a Hellcat (or Helldiver as I would add that to my list too now)
    See you on the Dark Side......

I have just received two Spitfire Vc & two Me262s from Shapeways in FUD, and they are pretty solid. Similar feel and strength to some model plastics. I can see it maybe a little brittle for the struts on WWI planes, but WWII planes are generally a little more solid in shape.
    For me the detail is worth the little extra money.

Though I did fire off a message to Dragontamer96 to see if he would do multipacks like the others do, but no answer.
    He is too expensive individually so he looses my sales.

I have just received two Spitfire Vc & two Me262s from Shapeways in FUD, and they are pretty solid. Similar feel and strength to some model plastics. I can see it maybe a little brittle for the struts on WWI planes, but WWII planes are generally a little more solid in shape.
    For me the detail is worth the little extra money.

Though I did fire off a message to Dragontamer96 to see if he would do multipacks like the others do, but no answer.
    He is too expensive individually so he looses my sales.
    I have eight of Paul (Decapod)'s Spitfire Vs myself, with two of them in WSF and the rest in FUD. I'm quite pleased with all of them; the FUD models (which I had to go with because Shapeways has apparently cracked down on previously acceptable designs again) are a little bit more fragile, but not terribly so, and the fact that they don't require the prep that WSF items do more than makes up for that for me. Wouldn't at all mind seeing Decapod, jbmacek, and other designers delving deeper into 1/200 WW2 aircraft, since there are plenty of obscure designs that could be done, as well as a few major ones--the Hellcat standing out in particular. Even Dave Schmid doesn't have one in his 1/200 AIM line, which is a little surprising, since his list of American offerings is pretty comprehensive.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrylH View Post
    I have eight of Paul (Decapod)'s Spitfire Vs myself, with two of them in WSF and the rest in FUD. I'm quite pleased with all of them; the FUD models (which I had to go with because Shapeways has apparently cracked down on previously acceptable designs again) are a little bit more fragile, but not terribly so, and the fact that they don't require the prep that WSF items do more than makes up for that for me. Wouldn't at all mind seeing Decapod, jbmacek, and other designers delving deeper into 1/200 WW2 aircraft, since there are plenty of obscure designs that could be done, as well as a few major ones--the Hellcat standing out in particular. Even Dave Schmid doesn't have one in his 1/200 AIM line, which is a little surprising, since his list of American offerings is pretty comprehensive.
    I agree, I would jump on new WWII bits, when I could afford them of course.
    I'm currently teaching myself 3D bits, so I may be able to do something myself on the matter, but it's going to be a while yet.

It's occurred to me that a request for our Shapeways designers to consider doing a Hawker Hurricane II Trop. might well be in order. The Aboukir or Vokes filters fitted to Hurricanes didn't alter their appearance as drastically as those put on Spitfires, but they were still prominent and changed their looks. Tropicalized Hurricanes would see service on Malta, in the Desert Air Force, and Burma, with a variety of paint schemes. Either the IIB (with machine gun armament) or IIC (with cannon) would work, although arguably the -B variant was still primarily a fighter, while the -C might be seen as beginning the shift to the employment of the Hurricane as a fighter-bomber (or 'Hurribomber'). Armaments in Miniature does have listings for three Hurricane IIs, but the only one currently available is a IIC which doesn't look to have a filter; the 'STBR' IID almost certainly will, but it's a dedicated anti-tank aircraft. Dave's 1/100 scale Hurricanes have optional parts including filters, but that's not the rule with their 1/200 scale cousins. Dragontamer6 has a Hurricane II in FUD available on Shapeways, but it's not tropicalized. Nor is it cheap, as all three of his models sell for $14.99. Between AIM, Decapod on Shapeways, and Scotia Grendel's metal miniatures, there's a good selection of Spitfires available now; maybe it's time we showed the Hurricane some love .

Name:	Hurr_MkIIc_Trop.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	118.5 KB 
ID:	181181

Name:	Hurricane_Fl_GB_4303_3-view_p029_W.png 
Views:	211 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	181182

Name:	iaf-hurricane.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	181183

Name:	Artwork-Hawker-Hurricane-MkIIb-Trop-RAF-135Sqn-WKE-BG843-Burma-Feb-1942-0A.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	181184

Name:	life-features_01_1_temp-1308812617-4e02e549-620x348.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	181185

Heinkel He59 in 1/200 WSF. It would be expensive, but a resin version would require expert construction. Useful for Spanish Civil War, Battle of Britain, Battle of France (actually Holland, where they landed commandos). The Finns had one too for a short time.

Name:	he-59.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	103.3 KB 
ID:	181588

The 59 could be fun a lot of fun, since it was also used for recon, SAR (often simultaneously, eventually causing the British to authorize shoot downs of Red Cross-marked Heinkels), and minelaying/strike missions. Carlos2K10 has a Dornier 18 in 1/285 scale, so I'm thinking about asking him if he could scale it up. Ron Crawford of HBM said in the last OTS newsletter that he's sent a Martin Mariner master to Dave Schmid of Armaments in Miniature, so I'm holding off on requesting a PBM, but a Breguet Bizerte and SARO London would also be interesting items to explore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Brain View Post
    Heinkel He59 in 1/200 WSF. It would be expensive, but a resin version would require expert construction. Useful for Spanish Civil War, Battle of Britain, Battle of France (actually Holland, where they landed commandos). The Finns had one too for a short time.

Name:	he-59.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	103.3 KB 
ID:	181588

Just ordered:

3x KI-27 NATE by kampfleiger
    6x KI-33 CLAUDE by NickHawkins
    3x Fiat CR32 by kampfleiger
    6x Curtiss Hawk III by kampfleiger
    See you on the Dark Side......

If any of our Shapeways designers are interested in exploring a comparatively obscure variant of a very well known aircraft, let me offer the Messerschmitt Bf-109B for their consideration. The first production variant of the 109, the 'Bertha' had a different, blockier fuselage shape than its successors, as well as a thinner wing and a two-bladed prop. About 40 to 45 Bf-109Bs saw service with the Legion Condor in the Spanish Civil War, where they initially outclassed all opposition, although the introduction of improved Polikarpov I-16s by the Republicans meant that C, D, and E model 109s would eventually follow the 109B to Spain.

Name:	Bf109B_3Seiten_neu.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	182503

Name:	67_2_b1.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	182504

Name:	Better_B1_pic.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	182505

Name:	bf109b2ps_title.jpg 
Size:	62.3 KB 
ID:	182506

If any of our Shapeways designers are interested in exploring a comparatively obscure variant of a very well known aircraft, let me offer the Messerschmitt Bf-109B for their consideration. The first production variant of the 109, the 'Bertha' had a different, blockier fuselage shape than its successors, as well as a thinner wing and a two-bladed prop. About 40 to 45 Bf-109Bs saw service with the Legion Condor in the Spanish Civil War, where they initially outclassed all opposition, although the introduction of improved Polikarpov I-16s by the Republicans meant that C, D, and E model 109s would eventually follow the 109B to Spain.

Name:	Bf109B_3Seiten_neu.jpg 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	182503

Name:	67_2_b1.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	182504
    I may have a bash at that, I've been trying to find an excuse to do a bf-109.

Messerschmitt Bf-109B/C uploaded to my shop.
    I've got to stop doing requests, and get back on the planes I want.

They look good, Steve. The Nationalists finally have an answer for those pesky 1-16s. Hope these requests aren't slowing the appearance of the models you want to do too much; I'm looking forward to the F6F and SB2C, as well as the return of the Zeroes and Rufe.

They are slowing things a little, but it's all a learning exercise. I found a better way of doing the wheel wells today, so that helps.

IMAM 37bis

Name:	Ital_IMAM_Ro37_p.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	135.6 KB 
ID:	183242

Essential for Western Desert, East Africa, and nice to have for Greece, Yugoslavia, France...

They are slowing things a little, but it's all a learning exercise. I found a better way of doing the wheel wells today, so that helps.
    Without wishing to harp on, a WSF version of everything you've done so far would be in my cart. But it's better to do FUD first then simplify.

Really surprised that no-one's made one of these in 1/200 yet.

Name:	kawasaki_ki45_3v.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	111.1 KB 
ID:	183248

Users Country Flag

Name
    Lucas
    Sorties Flown

IMAM 37bis

Name:	Ital_IMAM_Ro37_p.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	135.6 KB 
ID:	183242

Essential for Western Desert, East Africa, and nice to have for Greece, Yugoslavia, France...
    And the Ro.44 while someone is at it, the ''Hotroded" sea fighter cousin Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ro44Profilo.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	183615

A lot of these planes appeal to me but to use in game need maneuver decks. Where would one find such decks?

Quote Originally Posted by grumpybear View Post
    A lot of these planes appeal to fme but to use in game need maneuver decks. Where would one find such decks?
    At first guess...

Ro-37bis ZM deck. Available on this site.
    Ki-45 - D deck , an extremely maneuverable heavy fighter. Buy a D-530.

D deck , an extremely maneuverable heavy fighter. Buy a D-530.
    ... or a Hurricane if you can find one. The Dawn of War boxset has D in too.

Here's a request for the Dornier 24 flying boat. Designed to meet a Dutch requirement for use in the East Indies, the Do.24 was one of the most seaworthy flying boats ever built. Over thirty were in service when Japan invaded the Dutch East Indies, and they saw heavy use, with one sinking a Japanese destroyer. After the fall of the East Indies, six surviving aircraft were operated by the Royal Australian Air Force. Meanwhile, even though it had been beaten out by the Blohm und Voss BV 138 for Luftwaffe use, the Germans were impressed by the Do.24, so when its production facilities in Holland came under their control, over a hundred and fifty aircraft were built for the Luftwaffe and used for patrol and air-sea rescue, making the Dornier 24 one of the few aircraft to see extensive use by both Allied and Axis forces in World War Two. After the war, Do.24s was still in use by Sweden, France and Spain, with the Spanish aircraft remaining operational into the Sixties. I claim no ownership of the following images; they're provided to illustrate what making a model could involve.

Name:	Do24 3-view-combi_large.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	172413

Name:	1024px-Dornier_Do_24_on_Display.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	212.1 KB 
ID:	172412

Name:	Dornier_Do_24N_Romania_1941.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	225.9 KB 
ID:	172414Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dornier_Do24.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	172415

Name:	dornier-24.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	172416
    Yes, yes and yes, please let us have the Do.24, I want some of those so-called "X-boat"s (named after their serials that all started with X-..) for my growing Marine Luchtvaart Dienst (MLD) *) in the Dutch East Indies.
    *) Naval Air Service
    I've been looking all over the web but none in 1/200 scale, alas ...

Guus
    "zet 'm op ... witte muizen !" (strijdkreet van 1e JaVa, Luchtvaart Afdeling, Nederland 1940)
    "let's go get them ... white mice !" (battlecry of the 1st Fighter Group, Army Air Force, Netherlands 1940)

Thought that our Shapeways designers might consider doing the Blackburn Skua in 1/200 for WGS. Intended to serve as a dive bomber, the Skua was the FAA's first all-metal monoplane, and was actually pretty advanced for the mid-Thirties, when the requirement was issued and the first prototype developed. By the time the Second World War began, it was obsolescent, but the Skua stayed in service until 1941 and was more successful than its limited performance (and the small number of aircraft produced) might suggest, in part because it was also used as a carrier-based fighter (apparently this was more due to the aircrews arguing their planes could do the job if necessary than any official RN policy). Skuas shot down a Dornier 18 for the first confirmed British aerial victory in 1939, sank the light cruiser Koenigsberg at Bergen in April 1940, and were still being used in the Mediterranean (possibly including one or two on Malta) through the spring of 1941. It's actually an historically significant RN aircraft, and moderately attractive in a utilitarian way, although to give an idea of how limited the Skua's performance was, it was replaced in the carrier fighter role by the Fairey Fulmar, which, while itself no hot rod in any way, still had a 50 mph speed advantage over the Skua.

Name:	Skua3view.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	188621

Name:	SkuaPlan.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	188622

Name:	Skua_colourised1.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	17.6 KB 
ID:	188623

Name:	Skua3.JPG 
Views:	124 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	188624

The Zeke, Kate and Avenger are available from AIM:
    http://www.angelfire.com/nj4/armamen.../resin09mm.htm
    You'll have a better surface for paint than Shapeways, and probably less expensive.
    No Hellcat though
    But he has both styles of Corsairs
    Karl
    He has Hellcats now.

---
    Is it possible to get a Dauntless w/ the window open? Or is that just too detailed?

Name:	sbd-dauntless-1-large.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	190583

Name:	sbd-dauntless-palm-springs.jpg 
Size:	11.4 KB 
ID:	190584

Name:	rc_dauntless2.jpg 
Size:	16.1 KB 
ID:	190585

I'd love to see that too, since it's the way they were usually flown. GHQ's 1/285 SBD does have an open cockpit, so it is possible, although the level of difficulty is probably up there a ways .

I'd love to see that too, since it's the way they were usually flown. GHQ's 1/285 SBD does have an open cockpit, so it is possible, although the level of difficulty is probably up there a ways .
    I had to google them, but here it is. http://www.ghqmodels.com/store/ac82.html

Looks nice. So do the 1/2400 scale ships. Those would be nice on the table. Someday, when I win the lottery....

Quote Originally Posted by Blackronin View Post
    Hawker Fury

Name:	hawker_fury.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	149.2 KB 
ID:	183238
    Sorry it took a while to get around to. Struts at this scale are a pain.
    Hawker Fury.

Name:	625x465_13917899_8580217_1460407222.png 
Views:	98 
Size:	196.2 KB 
ID:	193661

Bought two Furies for my Spanish Civil War.
    I´ll let you know when they arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackronin View Post
    Bought two Furies for my Spanish Civil War.
    I´ll let you know when they arrive.
    Odd, the sales haven't come through

Might as well start the ball rolling for the Twenties-Korean War requests with one for the North American A-36 Apache. A dive bomber version of the P-51, 500 were built and saw service in the Med and the CBI theater, proving effective in the role while also maintaining the outstanding low level air-to-air capability of all Allison-engined Mustangs. I do have a weakness for early P-51s; the D is of course a thoroughbred (and then there's the hot rod H), but my favorite Mustang in terms of looks is the B, with the RAF Mustang I, A-36, and P-51A close behind. AIM does have a 1/200 scale A-36 listed in their catalog, but its been 'TBR' (To Be Revised) for several years now, and I like my models to include propeller blades in any case. Three views and pictures follow; again, I do not claim ownership, but am providing these to show the aircraft requested to our Shapeways designers.

3 views: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a36.jpg 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	137103Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A-36.gif 
Size:	5.5 KB 
ID:	137104

Dive brakes and nose armament: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A-36 2.jpg 
Size:	6.9 KB 
ID:	137105Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A36_09.jpg 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	137106

Name:	100215020007_a-36-web.jpg 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	137108Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a36apache-6.jpg 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	137109Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a36apachewl_1.jpg 
Views:	356 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	137110Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images.jpg 
Size:	9.3 KB 
ID:	137111Click image for larger version. 

Name:	POF10-D1_A-36A_Apache_0761.jpg 
Views:	352 
Size:	119.5 KB 
ID:	137112
    Been working on this for a little while, I really should start one thing and carry it to the end, but I get bored easily.

Name:	625x465_14002600_8613680_1460978805.png 
Views:	99 
Size:	270.9 KB 
ID:	194228Click image for larger version. 

Name:	625x465_14002401_8613621_1460976809.png 
Views:	98 
Size:	165.9 KB 
ID:	194229
    Links on my release thread, in my sig.

Karl
    Another request struck off the list. (Unless you want it without ordinance?)

Name:	625x465_14031361_8625486_1461151925.png 
Views:	82 
Size:	302.7 KB 
ID:	194259Click image for larger version. 

Name:	625x465_14031188_8625384_1461150306.png 
Views:	82 
Size:	198.3 KB 
ID:	194260

Thanks for both, Steve;
    I'm a bit away from my next order (probably after Origins in June), but they'll be on the wish list.

Karl

Thanks for both, Steve;
    I'm a bit away from my next order (probably after Origins in June), but they'll be on the wish list.

Karl
    You may be lucky and HDA will be out by then. We shall see.
    Now I'm going to go read up on theoretical German Naval air units, see if any changes need to be done to other aircraft.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. General 1903-1922 Request Thread
    By DarrylH in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 177
    Last Post: 05-09-2019, 08:55
  2. WSF The Request thread
    By Zoe Brain in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 358
    Last Post: 02-02-2014, 14:14
  3. Information request
    By Baron Rolf in forum WGF: General Discussions