Ares Games

Thread: Lady Be Good Salvage . . .

Default Lady Be Good Salvage . . .

So what to do with a bad B-24 pour? I took this one out of the mold too soon and broke it up as I did . . . it lingered in the desert of my work space until the light went on . . .

A quick look on the web produced a lot of history and photos, including someone's nice diagram of the wreck, a quick bit of math and it became 1/200" scale . . .

A little re-arranging and some epoxy . . .

So where can I get some sand . . . oh yeah, I live in the desert! More when I calm down . . .

Nothing like making lemonade out of life's lemons.

Karl'
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

"lingered in the desert of my work space" i see what you did there i hope LADY luck will B GOOD to you in your endeavor!!! im glad it didnt take you 15 years to get to it

Changed out the nose section to match the real one, eliminated the nose turret . . .

Now to find a suitable substrate to mount it all on that will not warp . . .

Even made some bent prop blades! Much easier than good ones!

Looking good so far Dave. Or should it be looking bad in this instance?
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Found the perfect base for the diorama, I dropped it on the tile floor and it looked cool against the tan tile . . . just happen to have a few extras out in the garage . . .

Now to find some fine grout that I have around here someplace to add some dunes and skid marks . . .

Such madness . . .

Looking good David (good being the intent of the creator).
    Are you going you use it as local color, or as the base of a scenario?
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Found the perfect base for the diorama, I dropped it on the tile floor and it looked cool against the tan tile . . . just happen to have a few extras out in the garage . . .
    Good thing it didn't break!

Looking great Clipper. Look forward to seeing it finished.
    Linz

I wanted to see this one finished, Dave...

And here she is, Lady Be Good finds a home on the tile with a bit of craft sand . . . looks kinda spooky!

I was quite mistaken with the title of the movie-it was not the Twilight Zone Show, it was the made for TV movie Sole Survivor staring Richard Basehart . . . very spooky indeed!

Thanks, Dave. A lonely brown brush guarded from the wind by the b-24 carcass would be a fine detail to add.

I was thinking a faint base ball diamond in the sand, foot prints and some survival gear . . .

OH! That would be awesome. And a little half destroyed canvas tent near the b-24?!

. . . hmmm I am thinking a sun shelter from parachute silk . . . Just made a cup of tea that came in a very fine silk like bag . . . must get some sleep!

I would really like to see those features added.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Me too. Sleep well, my friend.

Finally found the TV Movie based on the Lady B! Ebay strikes again! And from England of all places!

Features William Shatner? A VERY young one at that! Quality is good, they even sent a copy of the cover for my case! Now to find some time to watch it!

Yes, it shows a B-25, so much for Hollywood accuracy . . . its the story that is so cool! It is also NOT the Twilight Zone version : ) The elves just found the pop corn stash . . .

Similar Missions

1. A message of thanks from my Good Lady.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-02-2013, 08:23
  2. Another airplane salvage
    By Jager in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-14-2012, 15:16
  3. Ridgerunner Flight AAR - Lady J's Training Missions
    By McKeever in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-29-2011, 10:00