Ares Games

Thread: Cliipper enters the Twighlight Zone . . .

Default Cliipper enters the Twighlight Zone . . .

Whilst excavating the deep archives I re-discovered a few beauties that need some daylight . . . the first is the Boeing 306 project we have looked at before . . .

And here is one not so well known, Vickers Type C (1942)

Nicely rendered . . .

And so you know the ole Clipper is not completely off his rocker, the source of the latter . . .

Welcome, are you comfortably numb? We lift off for the Zone this month . . .

Better get some of those Luft '46 projects too; just to keep play balance, of course
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

hmmmmm

Brings back memories of madness, huge bomber, desperate days in a war, a bit of mystery . . .

What to do . . .

These are wonderful, Dave!
    Weird War Two!

Good grief man.
    What will the stats committee do about that one?
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    What will the stats committee do about that one?
    Curl in a ball and
    then shake itself off and get to work
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Am I the only one who looks at the design on the cover of the _British Secret Projects_ book, and thinks "The only target those side guns have is their own airplane's engines"? :)

Quote Originally Posted by csadn View Post
    Am I the only one who looks at the design on the cover of the _British Secret Projects_ book, and thinks "The only target those side guns have is their own airplane's engines"?
    You have a good point there Chris. I had just assumed they were in a pivoting turret but on closer inspection it does not seem to be able to swing far enough to clear the wings.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Very intresting planes David, cannot wait to see what you produce.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    You have a good point there Chris. I had just assumed they were in a pivoting turret but on closer inspection it does not seem to be able to swing far enough to clear the wings.
    Rob.
    Coupled to the lack of dorsal and ventral turrets (where those guns *should* be), I see yet another British Bomber Design which is only going to be useful at night, or where enemy fighters are absent. :P

My friend, you are gone, just gone. I believe even too far for twilight zone material. I certainly can't be the only one considering starting a fund to get you some help. I will be praying for you my son.

What base would this be on? Would it need an A4 (8.5x11) or A3 (11x17) base?

Just throwing gasoline on the fire.

Mike

Its great to see some of these "what ifs" in action. Ive just got hold of a Horten 229 in 1/144, ijust hope someone will be able to assist with states etc once its airworthy!

Quote Originally Posted by Dowters View Post
    Its great to see some of these "what ifs" in action. Ive just got hold of a Horten 229 in 1/144, ijust hope someone will be able to assist with states etc once its airworthy!
    Would this help?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WGS-Ho229-JG301-Card.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	179.7 KB 
ID:	137317

I just need to sort out the [Edit: delete "two"] Four! 30mm cannons. [Edit: delete "Half"] All of an Me-262 should be about right.

The P Maneuver Deck is the fastest?

Mike

[2nd Edit: Shading added]
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 07-14-2014 at 00:34. Reason: Updating and shading

The P and R decks have the same high speed; the P has a faster slow speed, so probably the best fit (maybe take out 1 set of SSs).
    Of course, it's still way too slow for these bad boys, or any of the first generation jets.
    New rules needed.
    Karl

This is fantastic, thanks very much indeed. When she's finished I'll put some pics up!

Anyone following this thread, but missed the completed card set can find it on this thread: Pour me a Boeing 306! - Twilght Zone

I don't know what to do with the Vickers C. How big should the cards be? Or just scale the plane image?
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

The same size of bombers, Mike. (B-25 and He-111)

Similar Missions

1. Beefing up the Zone Marker in Richard Bradley's solo game
    By Captain Chum in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-24-2013, 03:48