Ares Games

Thread: 1/144 scale Beauforts

Default 1/144 scale Beauforts

Hi all,
    Anyone interested in these or quite a number of other larger aircraft, Condor, Hampden, etc at very reasonable prices have a look here and at the other items for sale.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-144-Atla...item56667bb770

I've ordered a couple and awaiting their arrival.
    Cheers

Nigel,
    I suggest that a search of Ebay will show other models at MUCH more 'reasonable' prices than what cornwallmodels has them for!
    Hampden here: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Die-cast-...item588f224a2f is 10 EUR or A$14.40 versus the A$45 cornwallmodels wants!
    See his 1/144 planes here: http://stores.ebay.com.au/DAKLICINIO...=p4634.c0.m322
    And a search shows quite a number of sellers at less than half of cornwallmodels price's for some aircraft!
    Just be careful about buying the first thing you come across!

Well just tried to order 4 models from the site Peter posted. Have to see what happens as there was a problem with the postage. Hope all will be good and I will get some nice models.

Maybe I should have daid reasonsble for the UK. Almost everywhere else in the world its cheaper than here, however in my defence I have bought from australia (but look at ebay uk for the shipping costs to the UK) Often its £10 to £12 so add that to the cost and it gets expensive quickly. The planes I bought are shipping free and that makes a big difference.

Peter,
    As I guess you feel you're a little too close to do it yourself, I will: for a great 1/144 Beaufort, go here - http://www.petersplanes.com/avions/b...t/Beaufort.htm

Yes, free shipping is certainly a big factor in buying (I hadn't noticed that in the ad!!).
    The Italian seller lists 14.50 EUR for shipping up to 1000g which should get 2, 3 or 4 models depending on size and if the models are cheap it may still add up to being better value for money.
    Bob, good luck I hope it works out. The ONLY problem I have had with buying (or selling for that matter) over the years was a guy in the USA who delayed sending the parcel so long that Paypal wouldn't intervene (over 45 days).
    Thanks Baldrick.

Thumbs up

Peter

You have to admit Balders is a good judge of a Beaufort model! Are there any decals available for them yet? I would like some for 39 Squadron on Malta if i picked up a couple.

Rich

Received an email that the planes are paid for so should be getting them in a few weeks. I have a B-17 by this company so they should be pretty good models. Thanks for posting the link.

Bob

Perfect for those anti shipping missions from Malta in August!!

Rich

Peter thanks for posting the link with DACLININO. Placed the order and it went through OK. Received an email that it has been sent so just how long from Italy is the question. Maybe by next week or the end of the month.

Now if only I could get Beauforts in 1:200 scale Rich.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Rob

You should put that question to Peter! I thought someone had a 200 scale already!

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Now if only I could get Beauforts in 1:200 scale Rich.
    Rob.
    Hmmm, still in the Twilight Zone, maybe when I get back . . .

David

A fine project for the Elves! Next thing you know he will want a Fulmar also!

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by richard m schwab View Post
    David

A fine project for the Elves! Next thing you know he will want a Fulmar also!

Rich
    He did and I did . . .

David

Now i am in Fulmar envy! If they were only in 144 scale!

Rich

Now i am in Fulmar envy! If they were only in 144 scale!
    Oh, stop Fulmar-nating. >;)

Chris

I am Fulrmanting a plan for my games in August!

Rich

What new games do you have in mind? I am sure we will have a Med/Malta game and a B-29 bomber run.

Bob

Friday night B-29`s. A series of Malta and Med based air surface attacks. From attacks on Malta to convoy attacks by both sides. Your Beaufort will be a big help in attacking Axis convoys!

Rich

Well planes came yesterday. Ordered on 3 July and here on 14 July. Not bad coming from Italy. I have no Beaufort and still have to work on the SM-79's that I have.

Bob

I will substitute my Beaufighters for Beaufort`s then! How many SM-79`s do you have? I have two a couple more will make a good showing!

Rich

The Beauforts often had a top cover of Beaufighters by late 42 in Malta Rich. It did, however take them a bit of time to organize how best to coordinate their attacks against shipping, and I'm afraid that quite a few Beauforts were lost before the beaufighter pilots realized that drawing enemy AA fire away from the Beauforts whilst they made their torpedo run was more important than swanning off after enemy fighters.
    I have three SM79's thanks to a Christmas present from Stormkahn, and one other that I' am painting up to send to Joaquim.
    Rob.

I have 3 so have to get them together in the next few weeks. Tomorrow going to Historicon so next week have to get them done and mounted.

Rob

I should have said i will use Beaufighters to simulate Beauforts! I have read WC Patrick Gibbs Not Peace but a Sword. An excellent read on his Beaufort experiences!

Rich

Bob

That should keep any convoy commanders jumpy! Have a good time at Historicon, i am working this weekend which killed any thoughts of going! Looking forward to GOA five weeks and counting!

Rich

Rob

I should have said i will use Beaufighters to simulate Beauforts! I have read WC Patrick Gibbs Not Peace but a Sword. An excellent read on his Beaufort experiences!

Rich
    If you enjoyed that book you will have to try "The last Torpedo flyers" by Arthur Aldridge.
    He was the chap who sunk the Trento.
    Rob.

Rich the guy that has the F-toy 1/144 planes was not there. After Cotton Jim I looked for him. There was a seller in the Flea Market that had Zvedea planes. He had 2 Ju 52's that I was tempted to get but afraid they might get damaged on the way back. Lew was there and was playing a number of air combat games. He is looking forward to August.

Bob

Jim will be my first stop in GOA! I look forward to seeing you both!

Rich

Jim may not be there in person but his friend will be at his booth to have stuff for sale. I think he will have lots of Sails stuff and the set that is due out this month.

Similar Missions

1. 1/72 scale
    By BobP in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-02-2014, 06:45
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-09-2013, 10:06
  3. Scale Pilot's in 1/144 scale and other's
    By Fabric Flyer in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 05-22-2012, 10:04
  4. B-17 1/144 scale Want to trade for 1/200 Scale