Ares Games

Thread: Has this happened to you? Missing maneuver card for brand new, sealed plane

Default Has this happened to you? Missing maneuver card for brand new, sealed plane

Just took delivery of a brand new, sealed Wings of Glory SPAD VII Guynemer and discovered to mild dismay that one of the straight cards was missing, direct from the sealed plastic wrapping.

Counted the cards to confirm, there are supposed to be 20 and I received only 19.

Have of course contacted the seller to see what can be done, just curious if this is something others have encountered? I've purchased a good deal of Wings of Glory stuff so far and this is the first time I've had anything missing.

As great a company as Ares is, the people who put it all together are only human.

Last year I realised a card was missing from a barely played Fokker E.III deck. Not believing at first that it was possible Ares had made a mistake, I obsessively searched more than four hours for the nonexistent card. Finally I gave up and wrote Ares about it. They were WONDERFUL! They kindly said they would send me a new card, but they actually replaced the entire product, sending me the whole box with a new plane and the full deck!

So, knowing their customer service is fantastic, you should just go ahead and write them, and they'll make things good!

- Eris

I got a P-51 with no deck. Contacted the seller and was told to contact Ares. They took my info and mailed me a brand new plane with deck. Great company. Great follow through.

Thomas

I'm assuming you did make absolutely sure two cards weren't stuck together -- I often have that problem.

I had a cracked base in a set I received, and they replaced it with a complete new plane and everything. It seems to be standard customer service.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Rabbit 3's Avatar Squadron Leader Scotland.
    Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Robert
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by surfimp View Post
    Just took delivery of a brand new, sealed Wings of Glory SPAD VII Guynemer and discovered to mild dismay that one of the straight cards was missing, direct from the sealed plastic wrapping.

Counted the cards to confirm, there are supposed to be 20 and I received only 19.

Have of course contacted the seller to see what can be done, just curious if this is something others have encountered? I've purchased a good deal of Wings of Glory stuff so far and this is the first time I've had anything missing.
    Not quite but back during the Nexus days I found that one of my SPAD XIII`s had an extra straight in it!

Things seem to be different now with Ares as back then when I tried to contact FFG (who were handling the distribution) to try and get a replacement stand for my Bishop SE5a which had arrived in several pieces I never got any reply!

I have purchased 60 planes thus far and have not had a single problem, be they Nexus or Ares. But it is nice to know should I have a problem with an Ares product, they will stand behind it. Another company with great product backing is Corvus Belli. Had a problem with a white metal casting in a blister and they did the same, though not the whole figure, but within a week of notifying them I had the replacement part, at no cost to me. When I find a company with customer service like this and like Ares has displayed I do my darndest to support them.

Quote Originally Posted by prymus View Post
    I have purchased 60 planes thus far and have not had a single problem, be they Nexus or Ares. But it is nice to know should I have a problem with an Ares product, they will stand behind it. Another company with great product backing is Corvus Belli. Had a problem with a white metal casting in a blister and they did the same, though not the whole figure, but within a week of notifying them I had the replacement part, at no cost to me. When I find a company with customer service like this and like Ares has displayed I do my darndest to support them.
    Me too, they keep the WW2 planes coming and I'll keep buying them.

Hi all, I contacted Ares and they promptly - within about 15 minutes if I'm not mistaken!! - replied and asked for my address to send out a replacement. Impressive customer service to say the least!!!

I've purchased over a dozen Wings of Glory items so far and had no issues. I think this was just a one-off.

Thanks all, and thanks Ares!!

Steve

Users Country Flag

Name
    Troy
    Sorties Flown

Way back I ordered a full set of series 2 WWI aircraft and found two maneuver cards missing from one D.VII deck (as well as the Georing mini). Sometimes ebay is a hit or miss affair.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Trevor
    Sorties Flown

I have 100+ miniatures in both ww1 and ww2 and have never thought to check if any are missing cards

The only problem I have had so far was with a Me110 and 1 B-25. The wings were loose and the tail of the Me110 was off. Easy correction with glue. With replacements you received shows the sign of a good company.

Hi all, just to close this thread out, I received the replacement SPAD VII Guynemer from Ares recently. All is well, great service from the company!

Similar Missions

1. Wings of War De Havilland DH4 Missing Maneuver card
    By FarEast in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-12-2014, 04:40
  2. Card art for maneuver gaming aids?
    By Sixer in forum WGS: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-01-2013, 11:53
  3. confused about maneuver card symbols
    By troubleshootah in forum WGS: Rules Help
    Replies: 16