Ares Games

Thread: Pour me a squadron of B-24's please . . .

Default Pour me a squadron of B-24's please . . .

Yeppers the day arrived and I switched the wood project to a resin project!

This will be my first two part model in one pour, wing and engines unit and a fuselage and tail components. Styrene tail section and bass wood balance for construction. Lots of the work is in the control outlines and window insets.

Test fitting gets exciting!

Sub assemblies coming together

Tomorrow we shampoo the carpets and sand the green stuff . . .

Details, details, details! Every time I look at the beast I see a few things to tweak or add. Belly turret, check! Wheels and fairings, check! Add a bit more dihedral, check. I have to remind myself everything left off will have to be added 12x after the pour, so OK I will look at it till noon . . .

And a bit more fussing

Now it beckons . . .

Your projects are always mind blowing in the way that you keep honning your skills after each one.
    Your B-24 project is already one of my favorite ones. This one and 277,5 more of your projects.

First pour and pull!

Rough trim and I just had to try the fit!

Pour two!

First 3! Yea! So far I can make a B-24 every 15 minutes! Its going to be a fun night, that and Mrs Clipper is stitching quilt squares all night too! I need a bigger table . . .

Rats! The elves ran out of resin! Oh well its time for bed any how . . .

Excellent, Dave.
    Beautifully done.
    (... at work... )

Very nice David; I guess the missus is back then?
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Each time you just raise the bar that little bit higher. (I think the answer is Dave's cloned himself and the Elves twice, he can run a full 8 hour shift 3 times!)
    See you on the Dark Side......

Kudos to you once more Dave.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Thanks all! It not as hard as one might imagine, the real problem is all the potential models to make . . .

Well done! I am a bit envious of your talents...

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    Thanks all! It not as hard as one might imagine, the real problem is all the potential models to make . . .
    Well, when you get to B-26s, you'll be getting a PM
    Karl'
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Quote Originally Posted by Black Sheep One View Post
    Well done! I am a bit envious of your talents...
    A bit envious...I'm in gob-struck awe and worship! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	icon_bowing21.gif 
Views:	141 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	136672

Karl

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Well, when you get to B-26s, you'll be getting a PM
    Karl'
    You might have to wait awhile . . . or not!

PM sent!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bth_champion.gif 
Views:	138 
Size:	4.4 KB 
ID:	136682

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Brain View Post
    Oh my stars....
    And it's all your fault too! You had to introduce me to Ron . . . . thanks again and again! How are you doing, by the way?

Oh no! We have company!

First of the squadron emerges from the paint shop, WitchCraft joins the fray!

Been wanting these guys for quite a while . . . now we have to do a lot of painting! Elves alert!

Brother, that is stunning.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    And it's all your fault too! You had to introduce me to Ron . . . . thanks again and again! How are you doing, by the way?
    Past the acute stage - saw the doc yesterday, and she said on first impressions, if she didn't know, she wouldn't have guessed I'd been burnt at all, let alone so badly.

Then she examined me. It will take about 2 years before I stop getting really cold in winter, I need to stay out of the sun for at least a year. They were mostly not full-thickness (3rd degree) burns, but were deep dermal burns, I lost most of the dermis on my face and right arm. I just heal much, much faster than most, possibly due to my nonstandard metabolism. Danger of infection past, the few tiny spots of 3rd degree on my arms and scalp all granulated, no need for skin grafts.

Turns out I didn't just dodge a bullet, more like a full salvo from 18" howitzers. No wonder I was given emergency X-rays of my lungs in the resuscitation unit, and nasal fentanyl in the Intensive Care ambulance, all patients with burns that bad get airway damage, sometimes fatal. But I held my breath whenever I was in the inferno, then hyperventilated as I was wetting the towels for the next foray. The poor man's version of breathing apparatus. So got away without harm. Well, apart from the radiant heat burns... but while painful, they won't kill you as long as they're less than 30%, and mine were only 7%.

Starting to get my life back now, did some modelling for the first time since the incident the day before yesterday. Just repair work, but still, a start. I'll be convalescing for a while, but as long as I don't over-do things, should be OK. I don't look too bad now, but have to keep reminding myself that I got seriously injured and it will be a while before things are truly back to normal again.

Yes, my GP did read me the riot act and told me to take things easy or I'd get a setback. Showed me pictures from anatomy texts, my blood test results, what had happened biologically, and just because I don't *feel* too bad, and looked OK, well, that wasn't an accurate reflection of the true state of affairs. Darnit.

The trouble is I *am* a mutant. I don't think about that unless reminded. The usual rules usually apply, but not always. In this case, that's a good thing, but it makes the medics nervous when they're operating off the beaten track.

Good you are on the mend and good to keep the experts guessing! I vote for more time off to build and paint models! Blessings and healing from us and the elves . . .

David that is some magnificent work you are indead the master of scratch building I love my Sunderland.

i

Zoe Iam glad to hear that you are on the mend. My best wishes for continued speedy recovery. Alastair

May I echo what Doug has said Zoe. I am so glad you have come through it with such a positive outcome, and such good spirits. You are a feisty lady indeed.
    Get well soon, and if I believed in fate, you must have had your share of bad luck for the rest of your lifetime.
    Rob.

Clipper's Elves strike again. Another superlative masterpiece.
    I think I have said most of what I think about your work in other posts, but you never fail to come up with yet another surprise for us all.
    Thanks.
    Rob.

Just thought I would let you know that there is a Japanese company that makes 1/144 water transfer decals for these and a few other "big birds". The nose art is fantastic andif you are interested I can take a look at the costing for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Sheep One View Post
    I am a bit envious of your talents...
    A good contender for 'understatement of the year'! Very well done Clipper (as always).

The squadron continues to grow . . .

One must keep one's strength up whilst battling the enemy . . . Liberators and Lemon Bars!

One awaits insignia . . .

Nice formation coming together!

Sharon D

Can't remember the name . . . liked the teeth!

Silver is going to look great!

More to come . . . and did I see the elves carving on a B-17 ?

Once again great looking birds maestro.
    Rob.

Unbelievable!
    You are truly the Maestro, Dave.

Fantastic 'flock' again David. Looking good as always.

Second pouring, my bomber box needs tenants : ) six should do it for now . . .

Their new home awaits . . .

At this rate you will soon have produced more aircraft than wartime production did Dave.
    Rob.

This is amazing, Dave.
    I love the box and the box of bombers!
    Always one step ahead!

Astounding work David, simply astounding.

Similar Missions

1. Pour me a Fulmar too! Ok . . .
    By clipper1801 in forum Metal and Resin Models
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-07-2015, 12:30
  2. Pour me a Mosquito!
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 09-12-2014, 12:15
  3. Pour me an Albacore . . .
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-14-2014, 12:18
  4. Pour me a Ju 88 A 4 please!
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 07-08-2014, 05:19
  5. Pour me a Me 163 and a while you are at it, a Me 262!
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-08-2014, 06:18