Ares Games

Thread: Update on my Wings ofGlory progress.

Default Update on my Wings ofGlory progress.

Good evening people.

Just a check in a few weeks after I 'discovered' WoG at Sheffield Triples.

I have contacted another forum member to help on a map project. I am fortunate enough to have a quite powerful Macbook and the ability to use Photoshop, so over the next few weeks we should see some progress and hopefully a 'release' of the files.

I have started to fill out my hangar. I now acquired the following over the last few weeks. Now with an update on 17th July 2014.

3 x Spitfire Mk IX
    3 x FW190 (I had to buy a replacement for the one I melted)
    4 x Spitfire Mk i/ii
    3 x Hurricanes (1 more on its way)
    4 x Bf109
    2 x Bf110
    2 x Ju 87
    1 x He111
    2 x Ju 88 (Zvezda unpainted at the moment)

I would still like to get an RAF bomber and 1 more He111.

This should allow me to fight some BoB scenarios and indulge in a bit of late war 'high speed' dogfights

I have a 36"x36" 'photo' map printed on vinyl and I have to say, it really adds to the experience. I am playing against a friend about once or twice a week and we are both loving it.

If you have an iPad, I can recommend spending some money on this https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/ww2-...872463030?mt=8

It allows you to play suitable background noises to your battle and hit a button for extra effects at opportune times. Childish, but oh such good fun!

My next objective after the map work and 'completing' my hangar is to play through the campaign for the ETO. At some point I should even manage to photograph one of my battles and write an AAR.

That's it for my update for now. Enjoy whatever you are doing this weekend.

Jamie.
    Last edited by PrivateBuzz; 07-30-2014 at 10:27. Reason: Update

Jamie, you got a great start going. Also, if you haven't already, check of Ares WGS app for the iPad. I think you'll love it.

Wilco! Checking it out now.

Glad we were able to inspire you at Triples and glad you are enjoying the game - but where did you get the Spitfire MK. Is and the Hurricanes and 109's from???

3 of the reconnaissance Spits from Amazon! One from France. Messerschmitts from Australia. Not paid more than £15 for a plane including postage. I have been patient and bought wisely. The French Spitfire (Vybral) was £9 delivered!

Not bad going there Jamie.
    I have been looking for a couple more Spits myself without any luck, so well spotted.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Well done, Jamie!

How's it going - has the first warm flush worn off - or is the madness taking a deeper hold?
    Do you know if you will be able to attend the national get together in Doncaster in September?

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    How's it going - has the first warm flush worn off - or is the madness taking a deeper hold?
    Do you know if you will be able to attend the national get together in Doncaster in September?
    Ahem, International get together!

I stand corrected - maybe we should change the title to World Championships, lol

Seriously the fact that we will have international guests makes this event just that more awesome - hopefully first of an annual event...
    Hope you can join us - Worcestershire not that far

One extra Ju87 has arrived now making 2 x Sugaroni. I will now make them German!

I have converted the 2 x Hurricanes into fictional unit RAF from the 'red star' versions (sorry forgot the name of the pilot, its too hot to search). I have another on its way from the states from Amazon. £8 delivered!

A single He 111 has arrived too.

I am playing once a week at the moment, normally a Friday or Monday and I am still really enjoying it.

I have received a huge file from Lingster on here and I am going to be working on making the sea part of the map ready for print as part of his absolutely massive aerial photo mat project. I can't wait.

I have to reserve weekends as I am a 'high end' wedding photographer. If you are at all curious if you google my name (Jamie Burrell) you should be able to find me quite quickly. Maybe nearer the time I can make a call on the Doncaster World Championships.

Sounds as if you are easing yourself into the game very well Jamie.
    I expect September is a busy time for weddings, but if you can get up to Doncaster you will be most welcome.
    Rob.

I could see some nice professional photos of the event there......
    See you on the Dark Side......

Right, another update chaps.Just received another delivery. I have found a shop in the US of A who have Hurricanes for sale at about £5. They have not got their postage correct on Amazon and will post for about £3. I dipped my toe in the water with an order for one just in case all was not as it seemed. Anyway, result! They have now updated their postage to £28. However, on their eBay store it was still £3. Result! Another on its way!

I am afraid they have run out now.

I have also bought 2 x Ju 88 from Zvezda and a couple of bases from Eleven Tree Design. All looks good so far. Have dry assembled the Ju 88 as a test, all fits really well. I will paint them when I can get a chance. Need cards for them now. Anybody know where I can get the plane card and the suggested deck?

Quote Originally Posted by PrivateBuzz View Post
    Right, another update chaps.Just received another delivery. I have found a shop in the US of A who have Hurricanes for sale at about £5. They have not got their postage correct on Amazon and will post for about £3. I dipped my toe in the water with an order for one just in case all was not as it seemed. Anyway, result! They have now updated their postage to £28. However, on their eBay store it was still £3. Result! Another on its way!

I am afraid they have run out now.

I have also bought 2 x Ju 88 from Zvezda and a couple of bases from Eleven Tree Design. All looks good so far. Have dry assembled the Ju 88 as a test, all fits really well. I will paint them when I can get a chance. Need cards for them now. Anybody know where I can get the plane card and the suggested deck?
    Old Guy has JU88s in his files. I'm sure he would let you use them.
    Rob.

Jamie,
    I might be able to help with a card (example here, other colour schemes can be arranged. Like this.), but the maneuver deck could be an issue.

Mike

Here is Mike's JU88 pretending to be Italian.

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/alb...hmentid=136947

Rob.

Brilliant. Thanks chaps. Just a plain old German one with the crosses on top of the wings would be fine. I will paint the models to match the card!

Movement deck is now the issue. Hmmmm.

All good things come to those who wait Jamie.
    Rob.

Similar Missions

1. Progress report
    By Badin23 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-04-2014, 18:57
  2. 1/72 WGF - Work in Progress
    By Indie55 in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-15-2013, 12:29
  3. Progress
    By Badin23 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 1