Ares Games

Thread: Altitude and Solo Rules - (Richard Bradley)

Users Country Flag

Name
    Ivan
    Sorties Flown

Default Altitude and Solo Rules - (Richard Bradley)

Hi,

Ive been looking for rules regarding altitude when playing solo with Richard Bradley´s template, but couldn't find anything here on the forum.
    How do you guys play with altitude in solo games?

I don't use the official rules Radovic but created my own simple altitude rules that I use in the over the trenches campaigns that use a derivative of Richards rules - they are here in the files section. A couple of the other chaps use them too. I also use my 'flash manoeuvres too' document to ring the changes - usually kicks in when a reversal required but includes spins and loops too. These are here in the files section. If you trawl the files you will find examples by others.
    Some do use the official rules by playing the I in solo AI substituting climbs & dives for straights when appropriate.
    checkout the AAR sub-forum where I have used them in threads 'Knock Him Off his Perch', 'Knock Him Off His Perch Too' & 'Showing The Moves !' Also have a look at the Over the Trenches sub-forum when you get the chance - loads of solo games & ideas there
    Last edited by flash; 06-21-2014 at 01:10.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Users Country Flag

Name
    Ivan
    Sorties Flown

Thanks Flash!

Ill have a look in those threads and check out the linked files.

I never use altitude in our games, so never thought to add this to the solo rules! - sorry!
    If you check the WW2 solo rules, there is a rule on their covering altitude, provided by another player from the 'drome, Blackronin;

Altitude: If the solo run plane moves a straight manoeuvre – check to see if the nearest enemy
    plane is at a different altitude, and replace the straight manoeuvre with the relevant climb/dive
    toward that enemies altitude.

Hope this helps?

I only know one other local player, so I use the solo rules for both WoG and X-Wing regularly.
    Thanks for going to the trouble of creating them!

Quote Originally Posted by LS650 View Post
    I only know one other local player, so I use the solo rules for both WoG and X-Wing regularly.
    Thanks for going to the trouble of creating them!
    No problem! - always happy to help our friends across the Atlantic!

Quote Originally Posted by Herkybird View Post
    I never use altitude in our games, so never thought to add this to the solo rules! - sorry!
    If you check the WW2 solo rules, there is a rule on their covering altitude, provided by another player from the 'drome, Blackronin;

Altitude: If the solo run plane moves a straight manoeuvre – check to see if the nearest enemy
    plane is at a different altitude, and replace the straight manoeuvre with the relevant climb/dive
    toward that enemies altitude.

Hope this helps?
    Blackronin's rule fits in with the Kiss ideal, and until you get used to altitude and AI flying is the easiest way to go in my opinion. Then you can toy with the more esoteric systems. I must admit that I usually either use Blackronin or Flash's system when I play solo.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Similar Missions

1. Richard Bradley's WWII solo rules.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum WGS: House Rules
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-04-2015, 14:25
  2. Richard Bradley's Advanced Solo Rules question
    By Gallo Rojo in forum WGF: Rules Help
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-01-2012, 11:16
  3. Solo Pacific Dogfight with Richard Bradley Rules
    By Blackronin in forum WGS: After Action Reports
    Replies: 13