Ares Games

Thread: Fresh meat!

Walker28361

Default Fresh meat!

Hi all, my name is Kevin, I'm 53 and new to to your skies. I have been playing WoW for the last 5 years, sadly solo alot as my gaming friends are philistines!
    So I'm looking forward to at least exchanging views and information with like-minded chappies and I have to tell you the first book I ever read was "Biggles Pioneer Air Fighter" so I do tend to write like a bad caricature! More when I get a chance.

Hi Kevin, welcome to the Drome!

Welcome to the 'Drome Kevin. We have 2 solo campaigns going at present. Check out the OTT threads in the WW1 section and Fire in the Skies in the WW2 section.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Great to see you have touched down Wingman.
    I can now officially welcome you to the Drome on behalf of the rest of the U.K. pilots, who will be anxious to make your acquaintance in the Officers' Club, where we can have a good chinwag and a bevvy or three of virtual beer. Guaranteed not to effect your early morning patrols.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Welcome from across the pond, Kevin.

You are flying with some marvelous folks in the U.K.

Along with the solo campaigns Neil mentioned (all of which are highly recommended), there are often Skype games and other events occurring here. You have left the land of the Philistines, and have entered the WoG Promised Land.

Welcome from the far side of Canada, on Vancouver Island, Kevin.

Solo, Skype, or distant conventions for me, as I don't even have gamer friends in my town. At least, I haven't found any that want to play WoW/WoG, yet.

Mike

Welcome Kevin, another from across the pond.

Hi Kevin, and welcome to the 'drome from here in Tunbridge Wells.

We play WoG WWI fairly frequently at the Tunbridge Wells Wargames Society (http://www.twws.org.uk/) - in fact we played an eight-player 1918 balloon barrage game last Sunday - so feel free to drop me a PM if you are interested in joining our next game (likely to be a couple of months as we have a WWI land battle refight being playtested (in time for the centenary in late 2014) at the next meeting.

Welcome Kevin, from Bristol

Welcome to the Drome from Cape Cod.

Thumbs up

G'day Kevin & welcome to the 'drome on behalf of the pilots who fly in NSW down in Australia.

I note you have been playing lots of Solo Games.

Why not join in our "Early Doors" Solo Campaign. We have just started & are on our second mission so you will be able to catch up.
    Take a look down in the WW1 Campaign section---OTT--Early Doors.
    Dave (flash) would be able to help you through & he has a post giving all the rules.
    You just need to PM him (or post in the thread) your personnel roster of Pilots & if you want to Fly for the Allies or Central Powers.
    I am sure you will enjoy it.
    You might want to check out the AAR reports of the chaps who are involved.

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Kevin, from here near Norwich. I used to read Biggles books too.

Welcome to the flight line Kevin

Welcome to the 'drome Kevin from a dingy East Sussex this morning - if you want to get some opposition face time then take up Brian's offer at Tun/Wells - we had a hoot last weekend !
    He didn't mention we had five balloons, eight flak guns (using solitaire rules) and three Huns v our Five Tommy's !
    This is Brian's moment of glory as he despatched one of the balloons with the boom card:
    Name:  SAM_4120.JPG
Views: 72
Size:  264.8 KB

"He is wise who watches"

Similar Missions

1. Fresh in from the Front.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-02-2014, 14:49
  2. Fresh in today....
    By Strangely Brown in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 18