Ares Games

Thread: Help Needed; OTT and other Solo Campain Aircraft lists.

Default Help Needed; OTT and other Solo Campain Aircraft lists.

Hey guys, I really want to get involved in these games and only having a very limited aircraft:

SPAD XIII
    Albastros D.VA
    Fokker DR.I
    Sopwith Camel
    De havilland DH.4
    Sopwith Snipe
    Fokker D.VII
    LFG Rolland C.II

Now obviously I want to expand on this, so could some one give me a list of the aircraft I would need to play OTT and Early Doors and other campaigns here.
    Last edited by FarEast; 06-13-2014 at 05:10. Reason: Title was a little misleading.

38 views and nobody willing to help me spend my money!

The challenge is the ready availability of the rest of the collection, not many are on the shelves these days and ebay is very spendy. Most of the folks are waiting for reprints. My goal was to gather 2 of each type just to fill in all the possible game scenarios, now I have over 400 planes, official, Shapeways, resin, metal and scratchbuilts and few people to play : (

That's the great thing about living in Japan - some of the hobby shops have a lot of the original NEXUS Wings of War cards, Miniatures ect, yes for about double the price of the UK or US but if I calculate shipping in to that price then it works out do-able. So having a list of wha I should be on the look out for would be very helpful.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by FarEast View Post
    That's the great thing about living in Japan - some of the hobby shops have a lot of the original NEXUS Wings of War cards, Miniatures ect, yes for about double the price of the UK or US but if I calculate shipping in to that price then it works out do-able. So having a list of wha I should be on the look out for would be very helpful.
    G'day James.
    At the least you should be able to get the Ares DH-2's, Fokker E.III's & Morane Sulniers & Halberstadts.
    For BE 2 models you will need to buy & paint either Shapeways or one of the metal kits available.
    Shapeways also do the Gunbus, Sopwith Pup & Strutters plus some early war German 2 seaters.

These will get you started in the Early Doors Campaign.

For the Ares minis try here on Aerodrome Store or 12-7 games if you cant source them locally.

OK now that really helps!

Right I know I can get the 1st release of the following:

Pack of 3 for 6,300 JPY (36.34 GBP)

Fokker E.III/A.III - Immelmann
    Fokker E.III/A.III - Buddecke
    Fokker E.III/A.III - Hautzmayer

Pack of 3 for 6,300 JPY (36.34 GBP)

Morane-Saulnier Type N - Navarre
    Morane-Saulnier Type N - Gilbert
    Morane-Saulnier Type N - Chaput

But I can't remember for the life of me if they had any Ares DH-2's though.

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    ...now I have over 400 planes, official, Shapeways, resin, metal and scratchbuilts and few people to play : (
    Dave,
    I have no-one to play with locally. My most frequent opponents are in other countries, by Skype. I've played against more people in Europe than I have against people in Washington state (at the Enfilade Convention the past two years), or even on Vancouver Island.

I'd love an opportunity to meet you over a remote tabletop. That goes for James in Japan, too.

Next Skype game is tentatively planned for 21/22 June. Neil [Skafloc] UK, Paul [tikkifriend] France, and Alastair [Doug] Australia, are probably in, potentially Andy [freebird-52] Louisiana, USA (and some of his buddies) will be trying to get into the furball, too.

Would you like to join in, perhaps as spectators? I will be posting a tentative schedule in the Skype forum tomorrow.

Mike

Mike...please can I take the boom card out of my deck? Pretty please?
    See you on the Dark Side......

Hi James, the first OTT started Oct 17 and OTT FM carried it through to Nov 18, so pretty much any of the aircraft you can lay your hands on will do the job !
    Of the older stock look out for scouts: SE5a, Pfalz D.III maybe Alb D.III if you can find them; Two-seater wise: RE8, Rumpler.
    Of the latest stock any will be a bonus toward the OTT games at some point.
    Baz has already given you pointers for OTT ED - the latest Spad & Alb D.II will serve well in the later stages of this along with the DH2 etc.

I will be picking up a Valom SE5a tomorrow! has anyone else made one of these?

The top seven planes on your list all fought each other, and could be used for OTT. (not sure about the Roland - it is an earlier plane, suitable for mid-war scraps). SE5s, Pfalz DIII, Rumplers, Breguets, Siemes-Schuckert DIII, Bristol Fighters and Halberstadt CIIs can all engage your existing seven types.

If you start down the Early Doors road, you will probably need a much larger number of different aircraft types, including two-seater types which are not available as Nexus/Ares models; BE2, FE2b, Sopwith Strutter and Pup, Rumpler CI, Albatros CI are all in this category.

I have a few boxes of Valom SE5as, but have yet to start any. I already have a flight of six Nexus SE5a repaints.

Many thanks to all those that have helped both here in the thread and also through PM's.

Is the Maneuver deck 'XC' a custom deck and if so where can I find it?

It's in the box set Flight of the Giants, along with XA, XB and XD decks.

Or you could always pick yourself up a caproni bomber, which itself uses an xc deck. But card is always good as Tim has alluded to with FOTG.

Doesn't the Caproni CA3 use an XD and the CA.4 an XA deck?

Quote Originally Posted by WWIflyingace View Post
    You are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by WWIflyingace View Post
    Oops, sorry dude, just checked my box.
    That's a bonus as it means I have two XD decks, one from FOG as well.

I know I am a little late, but I like you got started a bit late with my collection. I went the card route - you can still find the card versions for relatively cheap on ebay. Burning Drachens has many of the early planes - plus once you get the decks theres plenty of cards to print from the files section.

Similar Missions

1. AI For WWII Aircraft for solo plays ?
    By Redwolf in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-06-2011, 15:17
  2. British Squadrons updated lists
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-12-2011, 09:40
  3. A web site with uncommon lists of aces
    By Attila57 in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-04-2011, 02:15
  4. WW1 Miniature Lists ?