Ares Games

Thread: FoW are doing WW1 in 15mm scale

Default FoW are doing WW1 in 15mm scale

Hi all, I was just cruising through TMP and saw this,
    http://www.michtoy.com/00_pdfs_blog/WW1armydeals-US.pdf
    It seems that later this year Battlefront will be releasing late war WW1. Not exactly a fan of the FoW style of play myself but the minis they release look fairly good. Ideally 10mm or 12mm scales match up better for 1:144 scale rather than 15mm/1:100 scale but this could be a nice source for ground targets in a low level strafing scenario. May be worth keeping an eye open for future releases.

Over and out.
    Trev

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Wilco View Post
    Hi all, I was just cruising through TMP and saw this,
    http://www.michtoy.com/00_pdfs_blog/WW1armydeals-US.pdf
    It seems that later this year Battlefront will be releasing late war WW1. Not exactly a fan of the FoW style of play myself but the minis they release look fairly good. Ideally 10mm or 12mm scales match up better for 1:144 scale rather than 15mm/1:100 scale but this could be a nice source for ground targets in a low level strafing scenario. May be worth keeping an eye open for future releases.

Over and out.
    Trev
    Thanks for the Heads Up.
    That could be well worth checking out!

Planes are scaled at 1/144 and is now rules relevant (since V3), although the 1/100 stuka always looks better, not that I have three or anything...

I bought a FoW P-38 but have not finished it. It is 1/144 and have to say a nice looking model. The price is more than a WoW planes. For the price you can get 3 AIM models but to each their own.

Don't care for FoW myself. The Battlefront vehicles use a lot of "Artists License" in the Sculpts. Why is a 9'(ish) tall Tiger as tall as an 11'(ish)Sherman? Peter Pig does the WW2 vehicle much better, imo. I myself would be more inclined to use the 2mm scale for land models in WoG. Maybe they would be cool for trench strafing missions. But to each their own. That's one of the things that make mini gaming so much fun!

got some hammer slammers for gruntz myself. very kool.

Quote Originally Posted by prymus View Post
    ... Why is a 9'(ish) tall Tiger as tall as an 11'(ish)Sherman?....
    Maybe because a Sherman is 9' and a Tiger 1 is 9'10" to their cupolas ? At least according to all my references.

Hopefully this will gives us a Schneider tank for the Spanish Civil war

Edit: Oh no, apparently not. Looking at the list it seems the French did not participate in WW1.....
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-09-2013, 10:06
  2. Scale Pilot's in 1/144 scale and other's
    By Fabric Flyer in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 05-22-2012, 10:04
  3. 15mm cannon
    By Naharaht in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-27-2011, 11:13
  4. Real Mini Wargaming (ACW 15mm)