Ares Games

Thread: Canadian Lancaster visit to the U.K. DATES.

Default Canadian Lancaster visit to the U.K. DATES.

Tour dates as published so far.

Arrive Coningsby August 8th.

Eastbourne international Airshow August 14th t0 16th.

Combined Ops show at Headcorn Kent 16th to 17th.

Sywell Great War Airshow 17th.

Clacton Airshow 21st and 22nd.

Dunsford in Surrey Wings and wheels 23rd and 24th.

Dawlish Airshow Devon 23rd.

Little Gransden Cambs 24th.

Bournmouth Air Festival and, RAFA Shoreham Airshows on the30th and 31st August.

A further schedule will be announced later on CWHM's website with detailsd of the visit to Conningsby, Humberside,
    Middleton St. George and East Kirkby.
    See also www.warplanes.com
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Thank you for these dates and venues, I must try to get to see the Lancasters.

Is it worth putting these dates on the site calendar, Rob?

Should see it flying over Sussex this summer - excellent !

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    Thank you for these dates and venues, I must try to get to see the Lancasters.

Is it worth putting these dates on the site calendar, Rob?
    I thought about it Dave, but decided that I don't want to start a precident for cluttering up the calendar with stuff that is not an event at which we are represented in some way.
    Rob.

Thanks for posting.
    That fills in a lot of details that I did not have available when I posted the last information.
    Rob.

Thank you for the new details, Baldrick. It looks like R.A.F. Marham is my best opportunity to see them both together.

Hopefully East Kirkby will, with the interest generated by this vist, secure enough funding to get 'Just Jane' airworthy. A fantastic thought that one day we might see a 3-ship of genuine Lancs fly again (unless of course Peter Jackson's 'Dambusters' project comes to fruition in the meantime).
    Last edited by Baldrick62; 07-06-2014 at 14:51. Reason: sp

Thumbs up

I saw the Canadian Lancaster, I believe it was, at The Mustang Legends airshow here in my hometown, way back in 2007. I had no idea it was going to be there, and it stole the show for me. We must have been at least a half mile away when we heard those engines fire up, and when I looked way down toward the other end of the flight line, I was in awe of what I thought I heard and saw. I jogged all the way toward it through the crowd, and when I got to it, I was just truly amazed to be standing there watching a WWII British Lancaster idling on the ramp. I used to have all the pics from that airshow in my albums here until the aerodrome switched over to its pay format, maybe tomorrow I'll post some over from my photo bucket account, just suffice it to say, it was spectacular.

One of my favorite memories, to have been able to then watch it taxi out and take off. What a beautiful aircraft.

Similar Missions

1. Canadian B-17's
    By BobP in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-21-2014, 12:04
  2. Canadian Lancaster site
    By BobP in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-01-2013, 02:13
  3. U.K. WW2 Release dates.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 3