Ares Games

Thread: The Kindness of Strangers WW2 Solo Campaign: Prologue 1 - A Polished Entry

Default The Kindness of Strangers WW2 Solo Campaign: Prologue 1 - A Polished Entry

May 24, 1940

"Are you telling me that you've fought in the Armée de l'Air and now you want to join the Royal Air Force. Is that it?" "Yes sir. That's exactly what I'm saying." "Have you abandoned the Armée de l'Air? Are you just another rat abandoning the ship when it is sinking?" "No sir. The French don't have fighters enough for them to fly so they let me go with all the other "etrangéres"." "They did? But they keep asking for British squadrons." "Yes sir. But soon the United Kingdom will need every experienced pilot it can muster." "I won't deny that. You do speak a pretty good English so let's gamble here and enlist you. Polish?" "No sir. Portuguese." "Oh! I see. Polish." "What? No. I said Portuguese." And I said Polish. Do you understand?" "Oh. All right, sir. I've been in Poland piloting a PZL 11 so I can very well become a proper Polish..." "Very well. Name?" "Joaquim Ferreira." "What?! No. No. No. You're name is Joachim Franciszek, do you understand?" "Yes sir, I do." "Good then. Speak with Sargent Smith-Laurent and he'll give you what you need." "Thank you, sir." "Carry on then."

May 25, 1940

"Do you have combat experience Franciszek?! Any air combat experience?" "Yes sir. I do!" "In how many combat missions have you flown?" "I don't know sir. Many." "You don't know? You don't know? Care to elaborate on that?" "I've fought in Spain, in Poland and in France, sir! For several years now, sir. I lost the count." "Really?! Lost the count?!" "Yes, sir!""And have you shot down enemy planes?" "Yes sir." "How many?" "Eleven sir." "Elev... Really?! Do you have proof of that?" "No sir." "I see. Here it counts nothing, do you understand, Franciszek? You will start with zero score." "Yes sir." "What kind of planes have you shot down, Franciszek?" "Italians. CR-42's sir. Germans. Me-109. Stukas. Bombers." Very well. Let's assign you to a Squadron and get you out of here the soonest the possible."

May 26, 1940

"So, do you really think that you can fly a British fighter in combat without any previous training, is that it?" "Yes sir." "What have you flown already in the Armée de l'Air?" "Dewoitines 520, sir and P-40's." "Mmmm... are they any good?" "Yes sir. The Dewoitine is a dancer, sir and the P-40 has the skin of a rhino and is very steady to fly." "Well, I won't let you fly right away before a proper training, but let's see what your squadron commander tells me about your skills. Kyte will decide that for us." "Yes sir. Thank you sir." "For a Polish, you speak very well English." "Thank you, sir."

May 27, 1940

"Franciszek!!" "Yes Flying Officer Kyte?!" "Get acquainted with that Hurricane. We might need your services soon." "Very well, sir! Why sir?" "Our boys are surrounded in Dunkirk. The Luftwaffe is pounding them heavily. We must cover for them and I fear we're not nearly enough. You have one day to get intimate it your Hurry." "Yes, sir! Thank you sir! I'll do that, sir! Can I paint my Hurricane's nose red, sir?" "What? Why?" "For luck, sir." "Very well. We'll need all the luck that we can grab." "Thank you sir!""I hope that you are as good as it promises, Joachim." "Yes sir."

How did I miss these Quim?
    I will have to read them all and give you a comment.
    Looks like areal good series coming up.
    How is it no one else has spotted them either?
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Similar Missions

1. A Solo Campaign - The Kindness of Strangers
    By Blackronin in forum WGS: Campaign Discussions
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 02-23-2017, 10:41
  2. starting a solo campaign - where to begin?
    By drsid in forum WGF: Campaign Discussions
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-03-2013, 03:42
  3. Solo Campaign Star
    By Nightbomber in forum Over the Trenches
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-30-2012, 06:28
  4. Over the Trenches, a Solo Campaign.
    By Blackronin in forum Over the Trenches
    Replies: 112
    Last Post: 03-15-2012, 13:43
  5. Solo Campaign Rules