Ares Games

Thread: - Fire from the Sky Gone - All PTO Planes Gone

Default - Fire from the Sky Gone - All PTO Planes Gone

Hey, WWII Players,

I just swung by the not-so-local gaming store on the way to Enfilade 2014. He hadn't sold any of the WWII Series I (one) planes since I had been there last year. So, I asked him if he would make me a killer deal on the whole lot. The best he could do was 30% off, so the planes, after taxes were $11.00 USD. I took all of them.

So what? I don't want WWII planes, but they were collecting dust in Naniamo, and there are lots of PTO threads on this forum. I will sell them for cost. After the guys at Enfilade were through, the following are left:

Grummann F4F-3 Martlet III (Black) WW17h SOLD
    Grummann F4F-3 Martlet III (Black) WW17h SOLD
    Grummann F4F-4 Wildcat (McWorther) WW17i SOLD

Mitsubishi A6M2 Reisen (Kaneko) WW17j SOLD
    Mitsubishi A6M2 Reisen (Sakai) WW17k SOLD
    Mitsubishi A6M2 Reisen (Shindo) WW17l SOLD
    Mitsubishi A6M2 Reisen (Shindo) WW17l SOLD

Fire from the Sky $27.00 USD Contains: one “E” maneuver deck, one “F” deck, one “G” deck, one “H” deck, and two “I” decks. No Longer Available

[Edit: found out shipping costs] Shipping is around $8.00 USD (for up to four planes) to most places in Continental US. PM if you are interested.

I'm not making any money on these, so postage has to be extra. If these don't sell by the next Convention, I will drag them to it.

Mike
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 08-19-2015 at 09:33. Reason: Update all gone!

Mike PM sent.
    See you on the Dark Side......

That's a good deal, Mike. Awesome opportunity for folks to pick up a few of the early-run WWII birds.

Fire from the Sky Just a though...

For those painting up miniatures from other sources, the Fire from the Sky boxed set has 6 maneuver decks, plus a bunch of parts. At $8 USD for a booster pack of two-ish decks, not too bad a deal for 6. If you are buying single decks at that price, the boxed set is a great deal.

From the Unofficial Stats Committee Spreadsheet:

E Deck: Whirlwind, A-36A Apache, Ki-61-I
    F Deck: Typhoon, Bf-109, P-51A, Ki-61-II, Ki-100
    G Deck: P-39D, P-43A, LAG-3, LAG-5FN, Yokosuka D4Y1
    H Deck: FW-190A, P-38E, Ki-84 Ia, Yak-7, Mig-1
    I Deck: Stuka, Fairly Battle Mk III, Dauntless, Devastator, Avenger, Wirraway, Hawker Fury Mk II

I'd rather not pick the box apart, as it is still in the shrink wrap. So, I'm gonna wait until the next convention (Enfilade 2015), before I sell parts.

Mike

Update:
    Three planes, packaging and air mail to UK worked out to under 250 gms, so it was $9.50-ish for Canada Post. Skafloc received his planes in less that two weeks.

Still waiting for the booster pack to Australia to land, but it went a different route. That was only $8.00 for shipping by bubble envelope.

Mike

Picked up 5 of these boxes from Ludibay.com foe 5 euro's each. Great buy just for the decks and chits.

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    Fire from the Sky Just a though...

For those painting up miniatures from other sources, the Fire from the Sky boxed set has 6 maneuver decks, plus a bunch of parts. At $8 USD for a booster pack of two-ish decks, not too bad a deal for 6. If you are buying single decks at that price, the boxed set is a great deal.

From the Unofficial Stats Committee Spreadsheet:

E Deck: Whirlwind, A-36A Apache, Ki-61-I
    F Deck: Typhoon, Bf-109, P-51A, Ki-61-II, Ki-100
    G Deck: P-39D, P-43A, LAG-3, LAG-5FN, Yokosuka D4Y1
    H Deck: FW-190A, P-38E, Ki-84 Ia, Yak-7, Mig-1
    I Deck: Stuka, Fairly Battle Mk III, Dauntless, Devastator, Avenger, Wirraway, Hawker Fury Mk II

I'd rather not pick the box apart, as it is still in the shrink wrap. So, I'm gonna wait until the next convention (Enfilade 2015), before I sell parts.

Mike
    See you on the Dark Side......

Planes are all gone.

The Zeros are heading to the Nakajima factory to be fitted with floats.

Thanks Neil, and I can make up cards to go with those planes, if you need them.

Mike

Fire From the Sky is no longer available.

Since I recently picked up two Ju-87 Stukas, I wanted the rules. Most especially, I wanted the different "I" maneuver decks (one is a sea deck, probably for the carrier planes, but great for channel flights) when running the two planes at the same time.

Using different coloured decks with flights of planes keeps the decks from getting mixed up as you play. One of the reasons I love having the Eagles of the Reich and the Flying Legend squadron booster packs, when flying Bf-109s vs Spitfires.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    Fire From the Sky is no longer available.

Since I recently picked up two Ju-87 Stukas, I wanted the rules. Most especially, I wanted the different "I" maneuver decks (one is a sea deck, probably for the carrier planes, but great for channel flights) when running the two planes at the same time.

Using different coloured decks with flights of planes keeps the decks from getting mixed up as you play. One of the reasons I love having the Eagles of the Reich and the Flying Legend squadron booster packs, when flying Bf-109s vs Spitfires.
    Try here Mike http://www.ludibay.net/advanced_sear...7b72&x=14&y=11 €7.99 about $8

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    Paul,
    No! I was trying to sell a copy, but am now using it.

I don't need one. At least, not any more.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Similar Missions

1. WW2 Campaigns Pacific Theater of Operations (PTO) collecting point
    By Marechallannes in forum Fire in the Skies
    Replies: 126
    Last Post: 06-04-2014, 02:24
  2. Pacific Theater of Operations Scenario writing 1941 - mid 1943
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-07-2014, 00:42
  3. BRF Axis (Pacific Theater Operations) pre-campaign scenario
    Replies: 4