Ares Games

Thread: Lonely Sentinel- Burning Drachens

Default Lonely Sentinel- Burning Drachens

Gave it a go last night, it was all over a bit too quick, nieuport came in unleashed both barrels on the parseval phase 2 turn 2, . phase three laid my corner card for jerry position, phase three rockets pull a 0 & boom, balloon goes up, albatros hits table, nieuport pulls an s-turn and heads for home, alby will never reach nieuport. Game over. Methinks (Beery) Bowman at the helm of the nieuport?

Thumbs up

That's the way to Boom Drachens!
    Get in, shoot & get out real quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted_terrain View Post
    ... it was all over a bit too quick...
    It can go like that - first time I played a balloon game the gent at the club set up his new acquisitions, I flew straight at him & on turn three unleashed a full rocket load and blew him away ! The second balloon lasted a bit longer but was on fire when we left it.

Fly the mission again and see how it turns out. Bet it's totally different. Great way to down a balloon though.
    See you on the Dark Side......

We were gonna run it the other way, but time was marching on, the midnight hour had struck an it was a school night. So I toddled off home a little worse for wear, however I didn't go on about my mates neighbours hedge this week. And bumped back into madame single malt when I got home. I'm going to run that balloon busting mini campaign with the 6 sectors an 12 planes if my pal fancies it, any experience anyone? Off to butlins in the morning.

The most balloons I've ever done is a Barrage of three with two attackers, and we managed to flame two and damage one despite AA and German pilots trying to spoil the show.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Similar Missions

1. Burning Drachens
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-25-2013, 02:02
  2. Burning Drachens RuleBook
    By zenturtle in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-25-2013, 01:56
  3. Burning Drachens biographies
    By christophe fran in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 11