Ares Games
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guns Of August 2014

Bob

So am I! I was just looking for a SM-79 card, i thought someone made you a new card? I cannot find it!

Rich

Wow, Richard; it looks like the 8th Army better look sharp (or dig deep )
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Smile

Karl

Look out in the med also that JU-88 has torpedoes!!!! That is just the small African contingent. Most are in Sicily waiting to bounce on juicy convoys! Do not forget the Italians!

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 000_0069.jpg   100_3363.jpg   000_0015.jpg  

Bob

Do you have the last Biplanes set? If so bring your L deck.

Rich

You've been reading my mind. I'm looking at anti-shipping strikes soon too.

Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Well you chaps certainly seem to have more Axis power than I do.
    I have mainly Italian aircraft.
    Must look to getting a few more German aircraft myself.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Just back from the last trip to get some of my dad's things and saw this. I have that set so will being it. It has 2 L decks in it. Will also be bringing 2 SM 79's.

Karl

That anti shipping works both ways! Juicy targets going from Italy to Tunisia!

Rich

Rob

That was a project i promised myself a long time ago. My nine plane Italian force lags behind!

Rich

Bob

That and C decks will get my C.200`s airborne. I am looking forward to it. Dave is bringing his cards so w should have enough!

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by richard m schwab View Post
    Karl

Rich
    That's why my B-26 marauders will be carrying torpedoes
    Karl

Thumbs up

Karl

The SM-79 cards Max made!

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Savoia Marchetti SM79-II 283 Sdn.jpg   Savoia Marchetti SM.79-II 283 Sdn Ukn.jpg  

Have two of those cards laminated. Will try to get a couple more done. Is laminating machine in order for me? Have to think about that.

Quote Originally Posted by richard m schwab View Post
    Karl

Rich
    True Rich.
    If Mussolini called Italy a big Aircraft Carrier, then so are Gibraltar and Malta.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Should I dig out my War @ Sea ships to use as targets? I know r ship cards.

Malta: The crossover of a Figure-8 track....

Only a few more days to go. Hope John S joins us in a game other than he does. Lou/me/Rich and how many others?

Rob

My idea of an aircraft carrier was to get planes where you needed them. I wonder what he thought about the RAF bombing missions in Northern Italy from England!

Rich

Chris

We will be going after more of an upper cut!

Rich

Bob

I hope he does also. Two and counting down! I have ship counters that should do the job!

Rich

Have you checked out TOPSIDE minis? I have the freebe they sent and they are very good ship displays. As stated you can use them with or without the wooden piece provided. See you and all the others tomorrow.

Thumbs up

We had fun at GOA! i want to thank Bob, David and John for playing in my games! John`s Bag the Baron was fun. More Bag me, John shot me down twice, before Bob and i finally got him. Had Bob`s guns not jammed he would have had the kill!

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P8220045.jpg   P8220049.jpg   P8220060.jpg   P8220071.jpg   P8230080.jpg  

P8230091.jpg  

Amazing photos once again. Thanks.

Rich, I had a great time once again. I still cant' get over the fact that the game had such great attendance so early in the morning. It was neat seeing the father and son pairs playing the game together.

dave s

I posted a number of photos in the 1/144 section for all to see. Posted them as the B-29 raid/Malta convoys and Bag the Baron. Great game and being with friends. What more could you ask for.

Joaquim

Thank you i will post more with AAR`s!

Rich

David

Thank you for playing and always glad you enjoyed them! Yes the test of a true gamer is a 8 am game!

Rich

Bob

I will take a look! Always great to see you and your wife. Am looking forward to October and some WW1 airplanes!

Rich

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Missions

1. The Guns of August
    By Albert Ross in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-03-2015, 08:54
  2. Guns of August August 23rd - 25th , 2013 Williamsburg Virginia!
    By richard m schwab in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 11-16-2013, 05:07
  3. National: Guns Of August!
    By richard m schwab in forum US Wing
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-27-2011, 13:53
  4. Off To Guns OF August!
    By richard m schwab in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-15-2010, 05:33
  5. Guns Of August