Ares Games

Thread: 3D sculpted resin balloon bases for sale

Talking 3D sculpted resin balloon bases for sale

Hi all!

FOR SALE OR TRADE!

Years ago I sculpted and cast up two different bases for Wings of War balloons. This was done before the models were released and so I had no idea then that the stands would be made larger than the existing airplane stands. Each base will need a 4.5mm whole drilled into the centre to take the larger balloon stands. In the case of the "River" stands you will need to clip off the smaller aircraft stand cast onto the centre of the base before you drill the h ole.

The first design copied the artwork of one of the drachen cards fairly closely, I call that the "River". The other is an all original design and I call it "Farmland". The size of the base is exactly the same as the original cards from Burning Drachens. I produced a few test pieces of both bases at the time and they have been sitting in a box since.
    I started another base which was half completed and is now back on my work bench with an aim to finish it and make a mould up. I call this one "No Mans Land" and it is to be sold as a pair with "Farmland". I will not be selling "River" later on as I it was really just intended as a test piece. I have left a section at one end of each base so that a label with balloon details can be added.

I have also sculpted up some target cards as 3D models and I hope to finish the moulds for these as well soon.

To help pay for the completion of "No Mans Land" and the target card models I will be selling off a few of the earlier Balloon bases for $10 AUD each if anybody is interested.

I have 6 unpainted bases for sale or trade, I accept Paypal and these models are located in AUSTRALIA.

I will try to post using what packaging I have on hand but if I have to buy a box it will get added to the postage cost. For Australia the minimum post cost is $7.20 AUD plus a little extra for the packaging if required. For Overseas buyers postage from Australia is a bit pricey but I will do my best to keep costs as low as I can.

As for condition, all these bases are as good as the day they came out of the mould, they are pretty unique and they are fun to paint up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	239.5 KB 
ID:	132994

Views:	183 
Size:	175.9 KB 
ID:	132995

Views:	182 
Size:	210.9 KB 
ID:	132993

More examples can be seen in my albums

#1 Farmland $10 AUD SOLD

#2 Farmland $10 AUD SOLD

#3 River $10 AUD SOLD

#4 River $10 AUD SOLD

#5 River $10 AUD SOLD

#6 River $10 AUD SOLD
    Last edited by Roger Wilco; 07-17-2014 at 15:30. Reason: Items sale status

Prices reduced

Errrr (bump)

Lovely pieces! I'm not a big WGF player so don't really need them but they are very beautifull! Nicely done!

Thanks for the kind words Thomas.

I am looking for ideas for future sculpts that may be more relevant to other players needs, so if anybody can think of anything I'm open to suggestions.
    Last edited by Roger Wilco; 06-15-2014 at 04:48.

Card sized targets?

Small farmhouse (ww1 and ww2)
    AA guns
    A squad of soldiers
    A bridge
    A airstrip
    1/200 and 1/144 pilots floating on a parachute

Quote Originally Posted by Blackronin View Post
    Card sized targets?

Small farmhouse (ww1 and ww2)
    AA guns
    A squad of soldiers
    A bridge
    A airstrip
    1/200 and 1/144 pilots floating on a parachute
    Yes please!

I've been working on some 2mm stuff - the right ground scale for WGF. Card-sized targets with troops in trenches are what I need. AA positions, gun batteries, tanks, horsedrawn wagons on road (from irregular) provide the minis, but the card-sized bases need to be sculpted and cast in resin. Troops in trenches and going "over the top" over a shell-cratered landscape would be best done in resin too.

I reckon I can manage making all the those items, I was thinking of making them all using a "looks right scale" rather than any one fixed scale.
    For troops going over the top, about 1/300 as per a squad of marching soldiers
    Farm house 1/800-1/1000 scale one bombed out and one not.
    AA guns in sandbagged revetments ????? I already have a sandbagged emplacement sculpted in 1/144 with a WW2 german 20mm AA and crew ready to go.

The bridge multi arched and river section 1/800-1/1000

I could do a WW2 deployed parachute in 1/200 in clear resin all you have to do is paint the chute, pilot and risers. I could make it so it fits to a std WoG peg. It would look like a cone with a 28 paneled and shaped half hemisphere at one end and a little man hanging at the other end. To fit the stand I could model the parachute swaying slightly to one side.

I've also already done a workshop in about 1/800 scale and some various crossroads, a marshaling yard with railway wagons and different tiny trenchworks in about 1/1200 I just have to make the moulds. Have a look at some of the old thumbnail pics that I have in my old album.
    Last edited by Roger Wilco; 06-16-2014 at 00:03.

Yes they certainly look very good.
    Unfortunately I am fully equipped with the Oberst's dial a bases, otherwise I would be interested.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Blackronin View Post
    Nice!
    Photos, please.
    Have a look at my photo album there are some thumbnails there that show my work. The masters are all brown. each one is the same size as a standard WoW/WoG target card.

Trevor, I can't view anything past photo 9 in your album.

Really lovely work on those!

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles downunder View Post
    Trevor, I can't view anything past photo 9 in your album.
    Yeah the only pics I have are those thumbnails I will try and replace what I can with new pics soon, some of the models are still trapped under a pour of silicon rubber waiting for a bit more to complete the mould. You can still get an idea from the thumbnails, not perfect but at the moment its all I have, sorry.
    Trev

Last two guys, any takers?

All sold thanks

Similar Missions

1. WGF SRAM resin kits for sale - ACTION PRICES to the end of October 2012
    By 144sram in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 04-02-2013, 12:41
  2. Balloon bases
    By armstrongjohn1 in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-24-2012, 01:02