Ares Games

Thread: New Campaign

Default New Campaign

Howdy Gents,

I have been asked by my local,gaming group to start a WGF in about three weeks. The plan is once a month to hold our campaign day at our gaming day. We have a game day once a week, but we run other games on those weeks.

My problem, which is ever so slight, is deciding in which campaign system to use from the selection on this site for face to face games?

We could have anywhere from 6 to 22 playing in the campaign and most would be new to the WG system. Most have been in our Canvas Eagles campaign in the past.

So which campaign do you think would work and what would be the pros and cons for using that system?

Thanks for any help.

Wow, no opinions? several have read this post but none can help? I know at least one of you have had a great time with a campaign, will you share

Only played the solo Over the Trenches campaigns from here Blake, not a campaign system in itself but some of the scenarios may give you some good face to face games for your group.

With all the scenarios posted on this site and a few scenario generation systems to pick from, you should have no trouble using what is here for a campaign for WGF or whatever game system you use.

Thanks Flash and Teaticket. I was hoping there was already a campaign played that I could just use instead of creating a new wheel

I will look around here and cobble something together
    Last edited by Big Blake; 05-06-2014 at 05:31. Reason: Spellig

If you look in the WWI campaigns section, 'Over the Trenches' has a string of scenarios you could play out or at least use as a base to begin from.

Have you checked out the Knights of the Air campaign in the files section here Blake ? There's Bloody April in there too by the looks of it.
    Last edited by flash; 05-06-2014 at 09:00.

Blake,

Our group has played through the Knights of the Air campaign twice now. It needs a little updating to include the newer aircraft, including Giants... but other than that works great and has some great scenarios. Print out the rulebook and give it a try!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Thanks Gents, Knights in the Air looks good. Will try that one

Similar Missions

1. Death From Above Campaign: An Air and Ground Campaign
    By rkwright in forum WGF: Campaign Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-30-2014, 09:53
  2. Has anyone seen this campaign?
    By MoonSylver in forum WGF: Campaign Discussions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-04-2013, 13:27
  3. Next campaign?
    By Nightbomber in forum Over the Trenches