Ares Games

Thread: " Mossie" The de Havilland Mosquito "a close up"

Default " Mossie" The de Havilland Mosquito "a close up"

Attachment 131568Attachment 131567Attachment 131566Attachment 131565Attachment 131569Attachment 131570Attachment 131571Attachment 131572Attachment 131573Yet more photo's from my visit to the RAF museum, The de Havilland DH.98 Mosquito was a British multi-role combat aircraft with a two-man crew that served during and after the Second World War. It was one of few operational front-line aircraft of the era constructed almost entirely of wood and was nicknamed "The Wooden Wonder". The Mosquito was also known affectionately as the "Mossie" to its crews. Originally conceived as an unarmed fast bomber, the Mosquito was adapted to roles including low to medium-altitude daytime tactical bomber, high-altitude night bomber, pathfinder, day or night fighter, fighter-bomber, intruder, maritime strike aircraft, and fast photo-reconnaissance aircraft. It was also used by the British Overseas Airways Corporation (BOAC) as a fast transport to of carry small high-value cargoes to, and from, neutral countries, through enemy-controlled airspace.

More great pictures, Drew!

Drew I'm loving all the pics and thinking up ways to convince swmbo that I need more aircraft to cover some you've shown. However could you post any more in the WW2 historical or general file section please? Dave any chance of moving those already posted over there? (I'll PM you too). Neil
    See you on the Dark Side......

I don't think we have a problem with leaving these here Neil. They are mainly relevant to the U.K. Wing. However, a link to the WW2 Historical section would be in order.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-29-2014, 05:26
  2. National Derby 29th: "Where's my wingman?" "Taking pictures Sir"
    By Lt. S.Kafloc in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-03-2013, 06:33
  3. National: 4 NUOVE ESPANSIONI "CUSTOM" per "Wing of Glory"
    By mumo in forum Italian Wing
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 04-09-2013, 12:58
  4. WGF & WGS: Wings of Glory at "Etna Comics" and "Settimo in Gioco" (Italy, September 2012)
    By Angiolillo in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-13-2012, 09:19
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-01-2012, 02:39