Ares Games

Thread: Flare-Gun Signals

Default Flare-Gun Signals

The attached document puts forward my suggestions for a flare-gun signalling system. I am sorry, this was written using Microsoft Word2007, so you will need something compatible to read it. However, I have posted the same document two posts down as a pdf file.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Naharaht; 04-23-2014 at 08:55.

Comes out a gobbledegook Dave - a file conversion window comes up but no matter what I select it's unreadable - may just be me of course !

"He is wise who watches"

Flare Gun signals (1).pdf Is this document any better, please?

2nd file link (pdf) works fine and after a quick read damn good work sir, well done.
    See you on the Dark Side......

I love this.

Our group has been playing for awhile with the rule that you can't communicate about the game with your teammates except via hand signals. Maybe next time we'll say hand signals if within short range on the ruler, otherwise you have to use flares!

Could be fun!

Especially if you limit the amount of flares, possibility of misfire (wrong signal interpreted), dropped cartridge etc. Opens up a whole new world of Fuster Clucks for our erstwhile flyers.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Great idea - I really like this! Will work well with the flights of repaints I like to produce.

As an alternative, colored pipe cleaners could be used to good effect to represent flares.

Nice addition, David... very nice! Simple in conception, and easy in execution. Thank you!

I like it; one option is to have a set of flare counters; the person shooting off the flare places the counter next to his plane before or after movement, without comment.
    If a team member doesn't notice......
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Simple, effective and allows for the player who does not see it if removed at the end of the turn.
    Fog of war and all that.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

The coloured pipe cleaners sound like a good idea, Brian.

Looks good although I'd ditch the visibility distance just to keep things simple

Similar Missions

1. Insperation for the use of flare guns
    By Horse4261 in forum WGF: House Rules
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-02-2013, 05:57
  2. Flare Gun Signals
    By David Kuijt in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-15-2010, 02:02