Ares Games
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WGS Cockpits?

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Not 100% following you on the pointer/dial thing. One think I have to keep in mind is the final cost of this thing. More parts leads to higher costs.
    I think he means an extra part to cover the big white circle. That part would look like a dial. No sure if that is a neat solution since loose parts can go missing in action. The ideal thing would that all parts are somewhat fixed to the cockpit. I think the idea of Barry is a good one but it depends on your laser. Engrave it a bit so tokens won't slide of easy but not to much so the white doesn't show trough. If not possible a bit of black paint can solve that issue...

It's not going to be possible to engrave the circles enough to make the tokens stay in place with out getting down to the white layer below. The black coating is only .003" (.076mm) thick. I'm going to engrave one with the indentation and one without and see how they work.

Looks great! I think you will need to up the damage from 16 on the damage dial. There are lots of WWII planes with higher numbers than that. I think the Heavies will be pushing mid to upper 20s.

Daniel,

They are not shown in the layout designs above, but just like all my other dials, these will have a second top dial that will also range between 0-9. Between the two, you can donate any damage amount from 1-99 Use the top dial for the 10s digit and the lower dial for the 1s digit.

I like the look & feel you've got here.

..of course Cappy Tom is the final WWII authority around here!

And it's done.
    Two cockpits and three sets of bomber gimbles ordered.
    Thanks Keith.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Thank you Keith.
    They are magnificent.
    Rob.

They are indeed magnificent! I love it! This comes on my wanted list .

Any news on when the WGS Advanced Cockpit will be back in stock please?

I second that

Quote Originally Posted by meeplewizard View Post
    Any news on when the WGS Advanced Cockpit will be back in stock please?

Here very soon. I've got eight already cut. I just have to remove them from their soaking tub, de-mask them and let them breath for a couple of days. I stuck one out in the garage over night last night to see if the cold air would make them "breath" faster... and I think it did!

Thank you for the update Keith, I'll keep an eye out for them.

Yes, missed out on the first batch! Wanna cash in on the second wave!

Quote Originally Posted by grumpybear View Post
    Can't wait to get mine , this week I hope.
    Missed the boat on these... they look pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpybear View Post
    Can't wait to get mine , this week I hope.
    You will like them Darell. They are superior to what has gone before. Card slots are larger to accommodate the people who sleeve cards, and don't go right through, so you can move the console out of the way of straying aircraft without all the cards dropping through the slots. damage counter depressions with a slider to indicate the status, rather than having six counters to manage is also a great feature of these new Cockpits.
    Rob.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Missions

1. New game boards (cockpits) for use with large maneuver cards
    By Honza in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-14-2014, 17:46
  2. Rotary Cockpits bei Aerodrom Accessoires
    By Marechallannes in forum German Wing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-11-2012, 05:51
  3. Rotary Cockpits with your User Name on them.
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 09-03-2012, 01:22
  4. Rotary Cockpits!
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 11-19-2011, 16:05