Ares Games

Thread: The Complaint Department, Internet Branch...

Default The Complaint Department, Internet Branch...

Sorry guys and gals, just HAD to share this.

Of course, I suspect the first one will be filled out against me for finding it and posting it here...

Good one Diamondback not that there is any need for it in this forum, but I know of a couple other forums where it would be very useful

LOL As do I... including one that I just left. The "roleplaying" community probably generates enough of these to wallpaper the Pentagon...

I don't have any truck with such electronic nonsense. I just write a strongly worded letter to the Times Newspaper.
    F.O. Kyte. (Ex R.A.F.)
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

They don't have a line for what causes me Butthurt:

"Ate an entire Large Pepperoni/Bacon/Mushroom Pizza in one sitting, and washed it down with 20 oz. of Pepsi Throwback."

The Butthurt comes about an hour later.... >;)

Chris, that would be "Other, Please Describe."

Just for clarification my comment was intended as a joke. I guess that's the main issue with any internet posting. It's hard to guage a person's tone or intent simply through text.
    This post is quite amusing really, we all need to take ourselves a little less seriously.

Gotcha, Wes--just trying to help Chris out a little.

Life's too short to take anything on the Internet seriously... a lesson that some huge sectors of it *coughcough*the little girls of the roleplaying scene*coughcough* need to take to heart.

I wish I could get a template for it, so I could add a space for a signature for a line and a paragraph about "By signing on this line, I officially certify that I am a B****y Little Girl* who needs to step away from the keyboard for a bit and Get A Life"... LOL
    *This term applies to BOTH genders, as coined and applied by coiner (and one of my heroes) Sam Axe in Burn Notice

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Gotcha, Wes--just trying to help Chris out a little.

Life's too short to take anything on the Internet seriously... a lesson that some huge sectors of it *coughcough*the little girls of the roleplaying scene*coughcough* need to take to heart.

I wish I could get a template for it, so I could add a space for a signature for a line and a paragraph about "By signing on this line, I officially certify that I am a B****y Little Girl* who needs to step away from the keyboard for a bit and Get A Life"... LOL
    *This term applies to BOTH genders, as coined and applied by coiner (and one of my heroes) Sam Axe in Burn Notice
    The hilarious form and the Sam Axe quote, Diamondback, you just made my day!

Or the Mike-Charlie-Foxtrot currently engulfing the Hugo-Award community.

As for communicating tone in posts: My preferred approach is to use "parody tags" -- for ex., if I'm being sarcastic (not *quite* Default Setting... ;) ), I enclose the comment with "[sarcasm]" and "[/sarcasm]". (One can in fact see example of this if one uses "Edit Post" here.) Whatever word one needs to use to describe the tone can be included, up to and including names of famous fictional characters (for some reason, I keep seeing the name "Gibbs" directed my way.... ;) ).

An example, relating to another thread:

[sarcasm] Oh, joy -- another batch of undifferentiated Snipes. [/sarcasm]

See how that works? >;)

You mean the ones Larry calls "Social Justice Warriors" and aptly compares to the intellectual version of jihadists, Chris? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Good one Diamondback not that there is any need for it in this forum, but I know of a couple other forums where it would be very useful
    Ha! Indeed.

Missed this one the first time around....

Quite. I'm on a plane-modeling forum--actually in the process of leaving it--where a member of another board asked for reviews, and since the owner of the reviewed site didn't like my pointing out that I perceived him as an autocratic arse and nastygrammed me over it, I was tempted to send him back a note about "Address the perception, change the situation, or fill out the BRF and mail it to someone who gives a flying [flip]"... I'm only still on his site because I have a few folks I owe favors that I need to make sure I can stay in touch to square things with, or I'd have already deleted that account and walked.

Now watch this, I'll bet even though I haven't named names the joker finds his way to this post and gets his Betty Butthurt on to bray about this one too... What can I say? Don't like people CALLING you an autocrat, then don't BE one...

You mean the ones Larry calls "Social Justice Warriors" and aptly compares to the intellectual version of jihadists, Chris? LOL
    Yup.

And frankly, the whole business has annoyed me to the point I hardly to anyone, on either side of the debate, these days. (I am a Halfbreed -- I have one foot in each world, so every insult from both sides can be applied to me. I think you remember what usually happens, in both history and fiction, when the Halfbreed had seen and heard Enough.... >:) )

Oh, those confusing different expressions... In Serbian, "I feel a butt hurt" would be "I don't give a f..." in English.

Similar Missions

1. Is this the department of silly questions?
    By Stormkahn in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-25-2013, 21:03
  2. National: Carte stampate da internet
    By Raptor in forum Italian Wing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-13-2013, 15:13
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-21-2012, 03:03