Ares Games

Thread: One and a half new products.

Default One and a half new products.

This first new product is mainly for all you re-painters, kit builders and Shapeways fans out there. It is a laser cut and etched clear acrylic "spinning prop" to go on your models. It will also work great as a replacement for broken props on your Ares or old Nexus minis. The Spinning Propeller has the motion blur etched on to it and a small (0.67mm) center hole that is just right for placing a straight pin or needle though as the propeller shaft and hub. Simply peel the protective mask off, slide your need through it and attach to your mini. Your plane will be up in the air dogfighting in no time now!

The Spinning Propeller is sold in packs of 10.

What's this about a half new product you say? Well, it's not technically a new product, just a return of a popular one is a much nicer form. Behold the Deluxe Advanced Cockpit... in white:

Nothing new here some might say besides the color, but they would be wrong. These are made out of a new material (a special acrylic like plastic) that has a black core and a matte white "cap" to both the top and bottom. When they are engraved by the laser, the what cap is removed to expose the black core underneath. This means you get a very clear and crisp marking on the surface. It will not rub off, does not need to be filled in and is scratch resistant. It also looks just like the photos when you take it out of the bag. For those of you that have or have seen the standard Advanced cockpits, these are so much better in appearance and feel, you will wonder why you ever thought the standard one was so nice to begin with!

Thanks Kelly. I'm really surprised at how much nicer the Deluxe Adv. Cockpit looks and feels compared to the old style. But the new spinning prop is what really has me excited. I'll have to swap out all my "homemade" props for these before Origins. I'm actually wondering if I'll have the time to replace all the Nexus and Ares minis with these.

They do indeed look rather nice

Super Herr Oberst.
    I will relegate all the black cockpits to the German side, and Equip Kyte and Chums with the new white ones.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Looks good and I know I will be seeing them on some model that the great painters show.

>sigh< another order coming up
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    >sigh< another order coming up
    Karl
    DITTO!!!

Spinning prop is cool, not sure if I need them. But cockpit I have ordered . Looks nicer, cleaner than the smoke ones.

Thumbs up

More lovely "goodies" Keith.
    As a owner of an Advanced Cockpit I must say this new one is really super.
    Will be ordering one real soon!

The new spinners look good.

Placed an order for the spinners so will let you know how they look when I get them.
    See you on the Dark Side......

More must have stuff just when I was trying to save some money

Oh wow - I just have to get me one of those - sooooooooooo pretty

Any news on a WGS version of that cockpit?

I like the offerings Keith! Nice update as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomatchef View Post
    Any news on a WGS version of that cockpit?
    I've got one kicking around in the back of my head, but I've not had time to flush it out yet. Here is a thread that we can discuss what all should be on it.

Similar Missions

1. The Immelman and the half loop
    By Justin3.14 in forum Polls
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-08-2018, 17:18
  2. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-05-2013, 11:09
  3. Typeface (font) for new products
    By sparty in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-07-2012, 12:07
  4. Aerodrome Accessories Products back in stock