Ares Games

Thread: TRIPLES 2014 - MAY 18 & 19

Default TRIPLES 2014 - MAY 18 & 19

Has anyone been in touch with the Triples people? and apologies if I have done what I normally seem to do and a start a thread when one already exists...
    Are we in attendance and if so who is available on which day?

It's on Chris.
    Boney has all the details, but I expect much the same as last year.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Excellent news - count me in

Should make Sunday, if swmbo lets me after attending Carronade the weekend before!
    See you on the Dark Side......

Yes chaps we not only in attendance for both days but have two tables.
    So we can do WW1 as normal as well as WW2 with possibly a SoG demo if we don't have WW2 available for both days.
    Am at work this week with limited net access but will send out details next week on the original thread.

But expect WW1 standard format with a dog fight or two the standard chippy raid, as well as a new scenario highlighting a trench raid using the latest models.

table two for WW2 need volunteers for this, possibly Scafloc for one day so likely a Pacific carrier game and I can bring some BoB kit for a raid or two.

I can also bring my SoG to show and try out

If you need anything special, let me know Chris.
    Rob.

As this is now only a few weeks away
    I need a definitive roll call for both days please.

The intention will be WW1 various missions as per the last two years.
    We also have a table for WW2 or SGN

So names, days available and preference please.
    I have 4 entrance tickets per table so I need names please.

Boney 10 available both days WW1 but can do SGN

I can't say for definite yet. So I'll pay on the door if I can get down. If I do it will be Sunday only.

Neil

Count me in on the Saturday - I will be there as early as needed - only 25 minutes away

Can do either day at the moment - am still working on being able to do both!

I know I'm O.K. for the Saturday, just not sure about Sunday as Mrs Kyte has to be at a committee meeting that day.
    Rob.

Ok chaps, Triples now only a couple of days away.
    We have two tables and the programme has us for WW1 and WW2.
    Scafloc will will be doing WW2 on the Sunday, We have enough for WW1 both days, do we have anyone for WW2 on the Saturday please ?
    If not Ill do a SGN but we are down for WW2 if possible.
    So anyone ?

Good luck chaps - looking forward to seeing the pics !

What kit do you want me to bring Chris.
    Rob.

Right
    Neil ( Scafloc) can't make it this weekend, so we got anyone willing to do the WW2 slot ?

Rob, if you can bring any Dh2 camels, Albatross D2 and Pups please.
    Chris and Tim, bring what you want to play with.
    Anyone else joining us ? We have two tables for the weekend, be a shame not to utilise

Confirmed for both days now!
    Anything in particular I should bring?

Hi Tim, same as the WingCo any Pups, albatross D 2 and camels for the Trench raid

Also chaps bring a Brisfit each

Despite a mini disaster ( and expensive one ) will be at Triples from around 0830 to set up.
    See you chaps there

See you there Chris.
    Rob.

I will be there early doors as well Chris, see you there

Hope to be there by nine-ish.

Looks as if I get the WW2 slot then. I n honour of Squadron Leader Skafloc the chip shop raid is on.
    Rob.

Very quiet show at Triples today, but we were awesome as usual. Huge well done to Rob for running WWII table virtually single handed today - sterling effort and some good games - and even the chip shop survived the Heinkels.... although some of that down to the courageous Spitfire pilot who despite the worst set of numbers ever drawn from a cloth bag, shot one down and chased the other one back out over the channel. Much fun was had on the (excellently run by Boney as usual) WWI table, - the large family group that booked the table to settle what seemed like generations of internal strife were excellent competitors in the D.VII vs. Se5A dogfight- the old adage that children always draw zeros once again proved to be true, and with a score of 4-2 a great win for the younger generation (and me, lol) So thanks to Rob, Boney and Biggles (sorry 'Flying Helmut') for all their efforts, photo's to follow once I have sunk a few beers...

Today was a quiet one by normal Triples standards.
    But, a good time had by all on both tables, the WingCo did a sterling job on the WW2 table while on the WW1 table a number of games, including a raid on the the chippy by no less than four yellow Halberstads, followed by a retaliation raid on a Schnelimbus by 4 DH4. pics later.
    Tomorrow we are down to two to run a WW1 game and a sampler SGN, so we will se how we fare.

And may God bless all of you who sail there.
    Rob.

Back from Triples, tired but happy!
    Two great days of flying - quite quiet mornings, but busy afternoons.
    Will post pictures when I've sorted 'em out (took LOTS, for once [Boney, thanks again for the batteries!!!!]).

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Sorry I didn't say hi, but you chaps were ensconced in games when I wandered by, which was an encouraging sign. The show seemed busy enough today, certainly by the usual "Sunday of a 2 day show" standards, so I suspect yesterday's apparently low turnout was an aberration caused by the cup final and the first properly sunny day of the year....

Also back from Triples, another slow morning but afternoon a tad busier after lunch.
    I put on SGN while Tim (Flying Helmet) did sterling work on the WGF table.
    Over the two days we also had a few forum members take part in the fun.
    Once again enjoyed the weekend.
    Will post pics later in the week

Thank you for once again bearing the brunt of the organization and the action Chris. I know from experience that it is a lot of effort just preparing all the kit and then sorting it out when you get home. That P card was one of Kyte's. He can now make full right hand turns again thanks.
    Rob.

It was great to meet some of you guys at last putting a face to a name, and pleasure to see the enthusiasm you bring to the Gaming table, It's a great community to get involved with
    I noticed 2 younger players who were bubbling with excitement wanting to fill any opposing plane with lead no matter what the costs where to achieve this goal. On the strength of this one of the boys and his Father bought the Dual Pack starter set Spad v's Dv.a.
    Tim may have planted the seed, so I hope big things will grow from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    It was great to meet some of you guys at last putting a face to a name, and pleasure to see the enthusiasm you bring to the Gaming table, It's a great community to get involved with
    I noticed 2 younger players who were bubbling with excitement wanting to fill any opposing plane with lead no matter what the costs where to achieve this goal. On the strength of this one of the boys and his Father bought the Dual Pack starter set Spad v's Dv.a.
    Tim may have planted the seed, so I hope big things will grow from this.
    We can but hope Neil.
    Recruiting over the last couple of months for the UK Wing is at its lowest level since the year we first started up the Drome. That is in spite of all the shows we have put on over that time.
    Rob.

55 new pilots this year so far WingCo. Roughly 11 a month. We work with what we have not what we hope to get.
    Has bomber command been getting the cream of the crop of recruits lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom S View Post
    Sorry I didn't say hi, but you chaps were ensconced in games when I wandered by
    Rats, would have liked to meet you Dom - you've "re-homed" quite a sizable chunk of my income this past year or so................

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    55 new pilots this year so far WingCo. Roughly 11 a month. We work with what we have not what we hope to get.
    Has bomber command been getting the cream of the crop of recruits lately?
    Guess I shouldn't have opened my mouth Neil. suddenly I have Tony from cornwall returning to the fold,Jamie from Evesham, and possibly Dave from Notts joining us. Now I have too much work. As for Bomber Command, I have suspected that something dodgy has been afoot ever since "Boom" took over the Independent Air force.
    Kyte.

I must say that this year we had the lowest number of players take part that I have seen in the three years we attended. However all those that did attend, as usual, went away with a smile on their faces.
    I also have yet to hear anyone say " what a Bad game" quite the opposite actually. So we can't be doing a bad job

Similar Missions

1. Sheffield Triples 2014. A Kyte's eye view.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-19-2014, 13:20
  2. Sheffield Triples 2013 18 & 19 May
    By Boney10 in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: 06-06-2013, 00:44
  3. TRIPLES 2013 Competition
    By Lt. S.Kafloc in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-26-2013, 07:38
  4. Sheffield Triples -Another view