Ares Games

Thread: WGFE: Aviatik Aircraft of WWI (Aeronaut)

Default WGFE: Aviatik Aircraft of WWI (Aeronaut)

Book Title:
    Aviatik Aircraft of WWI
    Author:
    Jack Herris
    ISBN:
    Category:
    Reference
    Format:
    Paperback
    Summary:
    Aeronaut's 10th offering in the Great War Centennial Series and probably the least satisfying; not helped by the Print On Demand (POD) collation process from Amazon meaning my page numbering goes 1, 2, 89, 90, 5, etc (so this one's going back for a replacement). That said, it's the first problem I've encountered with Amazon's POD.

The book 'describes and illustrates the development of Aviatik aircraft in WWI with text, 160 photos (2 in colour), 34 colour profiles, production quantities and serial numbers of aircraft and aircraft dimensions and performance specifications. The book has 90 letter-size (8.5" x 11") pages... .'

Subjects include the unarmed B-types, C.I-III which stubbornly held to the pre-war configuration of observer in the front cockpit, and the unsuccessful D-type prototypes, all of which are well-described and illustrated including colour profiles of the B- and C-types. I get the feeling JH was running out of subject matter, as there is a page of Bob Pearson profiles of Aviatik(Berg) aircraft, although they don't feature in the narrative. The book also contains some annoying typos.

Attachment 130119

Thanks for the review Balders. Certainly looks like a book needed to fill a gap in my reference section.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Similar Missions

1. WGFE: German Seaplane Fighters of WWI (Aeronaut)
    By Baldrick62 in forum Book Reviews
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-19-2020, 04:43
  2. WGFE: Roland Aircraft of WW1 (Aeronaut)
    By Guntruck in forum Book Reviews
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-17-2014, 22:32
  3. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-17-2013, 05:30
  4. WGFE: Gotha Aircraft of WWI (Aeronaut)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-01-2013, 08:06
  5. WGFE: Germany's Triplane Craze (Aeronaut)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-24-2013, 11:46