Ares Games

Thread: Help from the Baltimore peeps!!!!

Default Help from the Baltimore peeps!!!!

Okay I need some serious help locating a hobby store that has more than the tester variety pack paints. Little help Baltimore folks. PLEASE!!!
    Desperate in Owings Mills.

Hobby Works has several locations. The closest to Baltimore are Laurel and Bel Air. They have an excellent selection of paints from different vendors with lots of specific military colors. www.hobbyworks.com

Games and Stuff in Glen Burnie. I haven't really looked through their paints, so I'm not sure if they are mostly fantasy/warhammer type colors, but they do sell Flames of War. They also carry the whole WoG line. http://www.gamesandstuffonline.com/

I'll echo what Paul said, and add a bit.
    Hobby Works in Laurel has a great selection of paint. I'd say if I was looking for enamels, or Testors, I'd make that my first stop.
    The Hobby Lobby in Columbia has a good selection of Testors, too.
    Games and Stuff in Glen Burnie doesn't have Testors that I recall, but they have a really, really good selection of paint from other companies, and... I'd say it is the best game store in the area.
    Also in Glen Burnie is Dropzone Games. They too have a really good selection of paint.
    North of the city, in Timonium, is Titan Games and Hobbies. It is very much like Dropzone, ie., not quite the selection that Games and Stuff has.
    Someone told me there is a game store in Dundalk, but I don't recall the name.
    In Bel Air is Bel Air Games. And... I haven't been there yet?!?!
    There is a GW Battle Bunker in Bowie. Not my cup of tea, really, but they have a ton of GW paint.
    And there is also a GW store in Columbia.
    In the city proper there is a store called Canton Games. I don't recall them having much in the way of paint, but the last time I was there I picked up a bunch of hard to find planes.
    I may be missing one or two, and I didn't mention Dream Wizards in Rockville or The Game Parlour in Chantilly, VA, since they are a bit farther afield.
    Happy hunting!

Oh, duh. I forgot the very obvious Family Game Store, where we have our WoW&G game night. Decent selection of paint, and it is nice to support the locals.

Thank you everyone, I'm just trying to locate a good source. Relying on testers now because I have no choice. I was really hoping for something closer, but I've been wanting to make a trip down to the family game store so it looks like that is my best choice! Thanks again John, Paul and Kennith.

Similar Missions

1. HEAR YE, HEAR YE ANNOUNCING THE NEW BALTIMORE-WASHINGTON SQUADRON
    By rockyr in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 02-25-2011, 12:10
  2. Greater Washington Baltimore Region Flight proposal
    By rockyr in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-17-2011, 18:40