Ares Games

Thread: Question for the group

Default Question for the group

Where did everyone that uses them purchase the acrylic fire and explosion markers I've seen used in several AAR's? Really great visual and I'd like some as well. To be clear I'm not talking about the fire and smoke markers for aircraft. Thanks for the information all.

Probably Litko: http://www.litko.net/
    I've gotten mine from 12-7 games.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Aerodrome Accessories here on the site
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

I have some from LITKO but have seen some great home made markers that folks here have made. Check out the hobby room for those.

Are you talking about the crashed aircraft?

If you mean the flames with a rising smoke column, on a yellow disc base, they are made by LITKO, and come in at least three sizes.
    The crashed aircraft are from Portugal, a chap going by the name of Pyrkol on ebay.

Thanks all I found them!

I plan to make my own using LEGO pieces, along with an observation balloon.

Now that I do look forward to seeing Robert. One of my friends who sometimes plays is a big Lego collector.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

This is a quick and dirty build I made yesterday with pieces readily on hand. I didn't build the stand, but that is rather easy to do. The balloon measures 5.75 inches long and about 2 inches in diameter. I think that is close to official model size. If there is interest, I can put together a how-to article.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Balloon.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	125.7 KB 
ID:	129909

Quote Originally Posted by RJG173 View Post
    This is a quick and dirty build I made yesterday with pieces readily on hand. I didn't build the stand, but that is rather easy to do. The balloon measures 5.75 inches long and about 2 inches in diameter. I think that is close to official model size. If there is interest, I can put together a how-to article.

Great -- now I need to fire up LEGO Digital Designer and see if I can design minis in brick-form.... >;)

Quote Originally Posted by RJG173 View Post

Cool, cap that baby off with a bunch of tiles and you will be all set!

Ingenious.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Similar Missions

1. What a great group!
    By rkwright in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-29-2014, 20:09
  2. 91st Bomb Group
    By BobP in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-12-2013, 13:33
  3. Chicago group?
    By Kenny43 in forum US Wing
    Replies: 7