Ares Games

Thread: Problems

Default Problems

Has anyone else noticed the missing REP triangle to posts?

I can't see it so I can't give any REP.

Also I can't post in the News and Announcements hence posting here.

Neil
    See you on the Dark Side......

Do you mean the star at the bottom of the post between IP and ! Neil.
    I can still see it. Here is a test coming your way for the Submarine and Iron Duke cards,
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

I thank you good sir, I see it now.

You are more than welcome Neil.
    See you Saturday all being well.
    Rob.

I cannot see it, but if I click on the blank space between the star and the exclamation mark, the box for Reputation Points still appears.

The star has disappeared now.

Mine are still there. I should P.M. the Oberst if the problem persists.
    Rob.

When I did the upgrade, the green thumbs up we had before was replaced with the standard star. I'll try and remember to correct that when I get home. But in any case, the star should be visible to everyone.

Woops! I spoke too soon chaps. Mine has just gone! I can, however, see yours Dave.
    Rob.

You can't see the icon on your own posts as you are not allowed to give your self Rep points. I can only imagine what you guys would do with that power! lol

Hadn't realised the change to a star.

I think the star icon that vBulletin uses by default has no meaning to most people that see it. A thumbs up at least relates to the Like on Facebook (which most people know and at least understand at a glance). I really wish vB would not include their image files on updates (only for fresh installs)

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    You can't see the icon on your own posts as you are not allowed to give your self Rep points. I can only imagine what you guys would do with that power! lol
    Sorry Keith, just having one of those pre afternoon nap senior moments.
    No wonder they have pensioned poor old Kyte off to Malta where he can't do any harm.
    Rob.

And yet you can report your own posts.....

Of course. We highly encourage self flogging! Oh wait, that's on the other site.

Of course. We highly encourage self flogging! Oh wait, that's on the other site.
    May I remind you Herr Oberst that by your own rules we are not allowed to discuss religion on the site.
    Rob.

Of course! Sorry to cause a fuss over nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post

Also I can't post in the News and Announcements hence posting here.

Neil
    Sorry, I missed this little tidbit. There are only 3 people that can start threads in the News and Announcements section, Eric (7eat51), Andrea, and my self. Any threads by other members in that section have been moved there by my self.

ROGER that. Hadn't realised. Just thought when I was adding posts to the Caproni/Penguin world tour that I could there as well.

Neil

Sorry, I missed this little tidbit. There are only 3 people that can start threads in the News and Announcements section, Eric (7eat51), Andrea, and my self. Any threads by other members in that section have been moved there by my self.

Similar Missions

1. Site connection problems
    By Blauer Baron in forum German Wing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-31-2014, 08:00
  2. Printing Problems
    By Baxter in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-15-2012, 10:20
  3. Problems dragging pictures.
    By Nightbomber in forum Over the Trenches