Ares Games

Thread: Question about pictures for AAR

Default Question about pictures for AAR

While writing my last AAR it wouldn't let me upload anymore pictures. I deleted an album or three so I could free up space. However, even with only 35 pictures remaining in my albums and with the AARs I have already posted I see a problem when the OTT campaign starts. Since 10 AAR have used up 80% of what I can post I don't see how I will be able to write the AARs for the Early War campaign the way I would like. Can anyone offer a suggestion?

Okay, so after playing around I found that settings has an area where I can delete pictures (attachments). So I guess I will have to delete old AAR material in order to add new. Too bad, I liked the idea of being able to go back through the adventures!

I think it has to do with membership level... am I correct in assuming that you're at a basic level? Silver and Gold levels increase your storage space somewhat dramatically. You can also find free picture-resizing software online that will reduce the size of the photos you post... it might be more difficult to get the detail you want, but you'll be able to save more photos at once. Other members, I believe, store their pics elsewhere... Photobucket for example. Not sure how much that saves, to be honest, but it's another possibility.

If neither upgrading membership nor resizing pics appeals to you, however, deleting as you go might be the only option. Hopefully you'll be able to keep enough online so that several of your past missions will be visible at any one time.

Chris

Probably down to image size Chuck - I set my camera to the lowest & probably could/should still resize it smaller !
    Rather than delete images you can always resize & repost them - a pain but at least you don't lose the images.

As you are a non subscriber Chuck, your number of photographs is indeed limited as Christopher quite rightly says.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Basic membership was a total of 50MB of album space and 50MB of attachment space. I've upped both to 75MB. If you resize your images to 800px on the longest edge (the max the site will display anyways), you should be able to store a lot of photos. On the attachment manager (same thing as the upload manager), it will tell you how much space you have used. Also, the basic membership level was limited to 100 album photos as well, but I just bumped that to 250. Perhaps you were hitting that total?

Similar Missions

1. B-25 pictures
    By The G Dog in forum WGS: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-08-2013, 17:08
  2. Pictures and Video
    By itchy in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-14-2013, 14:33
  3. 100 pictures for my new "100 pictures uploaded" medal
    By marcoperse in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 20