Ares Games

Thread: Scouts versus Eindecker and Aviatik (scenario 3 of multi-player Early War Campaign)

Default Scouts versus Eindecker and Aviatik (scenario 3 of multi-player Early War Campaign)

Traveled down to Charlottesville for the third round of the campaign so I do not have the big map to play on.

Smithy, my wingman, and I approached No Man's Land when we spied a pair of Hun coming from the opposite side.

Attachment 127682

Attachment 127683

Attachment 127684

Attachment 127685

In no time we were entangled in a life or death struggle. Smithy and I soon had the best of it and started to chase them.

Attachment 127686

Attachment 127687

Attachment 127689

It was then I managed to close on the Aviatek and send him plummeting to earth, but his gunner caught me and flames began to erupt from my engine.

Attachment 127690

Now my only concern was to get out of no man's land to friendly territory and get down before my plane was engulfed in flame! But the Fokker was intent on claiming me as a kill! I managed to give him the slip as Smithy came around to distract him.

Attachment 127691

Attachment 127692

Attachment 127693

Attachment 127694

I crossed No Man's Land and landed in friendly territory where I managed to extinguish the flames and save my aeroplane. She had taken a beating, but with some tender loving care she would fly again! Meanwhile, Smithy closed on the Fokker. It was a classic display of aerial fighting with each foe getting the momentary upper hand. Smithy seemed the better pilot from where I stood looking up as event unfolded.

Attachment 127695

Attachment 127696

Attachment 127697

Another Immelman and Smithy was again on the Hun's tail. The Hun returned the favor only to have Smithy do it once again.

Attachment 127698

Attachment 127699

Attachment 127700

The Hun tried a different tactic, but it was as if Smithy was in the man's head; he stayed on him peppering him with machine gun bullets.

Attachment 127701

Attachment 127702

Attachment 127703

The Hun tried another Immelman in an attempt to position himself to shoot back, but Smithy finished him midway through his roll and the Hun never came out of his dive.

Attachment 127704

Smithy flew low over my position and I waved to him to assure him I was all right. It had been a close call, but the Huntress would fly again!
    Last edited by WWIflyingace; 03-23-2014 at 17:43.

Thumbs up

Well that was a nice little "set too"!
    Good result for our boys as well.

Looks like you boys had some fun there Chuck - I'm liking the proper table top action - all the focus is on the models !

Neat encounter there Chuck.
    You put the Huns away with no fuss excepting the small fire incident. Can happen to anybody, and generally does.to me!

Well done again.
    Kyte.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

The Butcher's Tally:

Lt. Charles Lewis Diamond (me) / RTB / - / 1 Victory
    Lt. Charles Henry Smith (me) / RTB / - / 1 victory

Aviatik Crew (Justin)
    Pilot / SD no man's land / WIA / -
    Observer/ SD no man's land / WIA / -

Fokker Pilot (Talon)
    Pilot / SD ET / WIA / -

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-11-2014, 19:33
  2. Scouts versus Eindeckers (scenario 2 of multi-player Early War Campaign)
    By WWIflyingace in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-10-2014, 14:56
  3. Aviatik versus Hanriot. New planes forged in fire.
    By Nightbomber in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 07-31-2013, 09:33
  4. Multi Player Mission Contest - Win a Red Baron Mini
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Past Contests
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-14-2010, 01:39
  5. Multi-player games question
    By Khargor in forum WGF: Rules Help
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-28-2010, 12:25