Ares Games

Thread: Wintercon 2014 is coming...

Default Wintercon 2014 is coming...

And that means another WGF Demo/Participation game!

Wintercon 2014 will be held on Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th of July 2014.

Venue: Fitzroy Pavilion, EPIC. Near the McDonalds.

The venue will open from 8:30am each day, and close at Midnight on Saturday and 6:00pm on Sunday.
    Due to the venue as usual changing to the (heated) Fitzroy pavillion at EPIC, the cost of entering competitions has gone up to $50 for 2 days - a bit steep - but participation games like this are free.

http://www.cgs.asn.au/wintercon/

Anyone who wishes to help, do a WGS game, or run Sails of Glory, please contact me, or the organisers at cgsinc@tpg.com.au

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Brain View Post
    And that means another WGF Demo/Participation game!

Due to the venue as usual changing to the (heated) Fitzroy pavillion at EPIC, the cost of entering competitions has gone up to $50 for 2 days - a bit steep - but participation games like this are free.

http://www.cgs.asn.au/wintercon/

Anyone who wishes to help, do a WGS game, or run Sails of Glory, please contact me, or the organisers at cgsinc@tpg.com.au
    I am certainly interested Zoe & could do some WW2 games.
    However I will need to confirm closer to the date as I need to check out accommodation etc.

Iron Outlaw

Hi Zoe

Not sure if Alex and I can make it but will certainly try. I am getting well into SoG with my RN fleet.

Cheers

Brad

http://www.cgs.asn.au/wintercon/participation-games/

Participation games are FREE - no $50 fee as with the others.

Wintercon 2014 will be held on Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th of July 2014.

Venue: Fitzroy Pavilion, EPIC. Near the McDonalds.

The venue will open from 8:30am each day, and close at Midnight on Saturday and 8:00pm on Sunday.

Wings of Glory

Each player is the pilot of one aircraft, ranging from the fragile prototypes of 1915, to the ancestors of today’s fighting aircraft in 1919. This Participation game is open to all, with new aircraft appearing whenever new players wish to join. Just pick your plane from the hundreds available, and start. Leave whenever you wish. Rules are simple to learn, and novices can start playing after watching for a minute or two – there are experts who will be happy to guide you in the rules for movement and firing. There will be several sessions per day, covering the Great War in the Air from 1915 through to the Russian Civil War in 1922.

Saturday (9:00am to 5:30pm)
    Sunday (9:00am to 5:30pm)
    I'll try to sandwich in some WGS as well, if possible.

Just a nudge from across the Western Sea, Zoe: have a great time, but don't over do it while your healing.

Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Iron Outlaw

Hi all

Alex and I are planning to be there. Looking forward to see you all!

Smile

http://www.cgs.asn.au/wintercon/participation-games/

Participation games are FREE - no $50 fee as with the others.

I'll try to sandwich in some WGS as well, if possible.
    I should be there on the Saturday & could do a WW2 if required.
    I am pretty sure Carl is hopingto come down from Qld via Temora Air show as he did once before.

Unhappy

Sadly due to circumstances I will now be unable to make it up for Wintercon.
    Really browned off but such is life!

Hope it is a great success & everyone has a great time.

[I should be there for some portion of Sunday, probably with family in tow.

Will look for the opportunity to play, but if child-wrangling is too hard then we'll just watch and wish y'all well.

I managed to make it on the Sunday morning with the then non-ill portion of the Fish family. My impressions were that the convention as a whole was a bit quiet particularly amongst the traders.

There were a few participation/demonstration games but only one was signposted - the Wings of War/Glory (WoW/G) game of course. Other demo games seemed to consist of nice looking tables but no-one about to explain what they're up to or invite any participation from ‘Joe Public’.

We joined in the WoW/G game, the Zoe was very good in allowing my four year old to choose the aeroplane he liked from her extensive collection and then built a scenario around that. Throughout the course of our participation other players joined and were made very welcome (many were patently non-gamers, i.e. family groups). We played for an hour or so, and very enjoyable it was, and then left to bring lunch to the sick family members at home.

So, great job ACT flight and thanks for running such a friendly and inclusive participation game.

Quote Originally Posted by muzfish4 View Post
    We joined in the WoW/G game, the Zoe was very good in allowing my four year old to choose the aeroplane he liked from her extensive collection and then built a scenario around that.
    What's the point of having an extensive collection, unless it's to do exactly that? That's what it's there for.

I wish my son had been as well-behaved at that age as yours. Though come to think of it, he *was* when there was "company".

Now he's just turned 13 a few days ago, is taller than me, and a massive help to me in setting up the game.

Hope your brood recovered quickly from the Lurgy, and it was a pleasure to game with them. You must be proud of them.

Thumbs up

Name:  10390530_10203171476381190_2908977250832678144_n.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  163.4 KB

What's the point of having an extensive collection, unless it's to do exactly that? That's what it's there for.

I wish my son had been as well-behaved at that age as yours. Though come to think of it, he *was* when there was "company".

Now he's just turned 13 a few days ago, is taller than me, and a massive help to me in setting up the game.

Hope your brood recovered quickly from the Lurgy, and it was a pleasure to game with them. You must be proud of them.
    Great photo!

Thanks for the kind wishes, the boys have recovered from their illness and are back to their usual rambunctious selves.

Again, it was all terrific fun and thanks for running such an excellent participation game.

Iron Outlaw

Hi Folks!

My sincere appologies for not having yet posted the pics from WinterCon14. Asisde from forgetting regularly, I now cannot find the pics. I know they are on this PC somewhere so I will keep looking.

Yes, I heard that!!!!

Take care and keep well folks

Brad

Similar Missions

1. Hands Up---Whos going to Wintercon?
    By gully_raker in forum Australian Wing
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-22-2013, 20:34
  2. Just in time for Wintercon
    By Zoe Brain in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-28-2013, 06:40