Ares Games

Thread: More Replica pics from Pt Cook in Victoria Australia.

Exclamation More Replica pics from Pt Cook in Victoria Australia.

G'day All!
    Here are two more pics of replica Aircraft that were at the 100th Anniversary day at Pt Cook the site of the AFC training
    'drome. The BE 2 replica has not yet flown & I am not sure who owns the beautiful Pup in what appears to be a Training Sqd. colour scheme.
    The Boxkite flew on this day as well.

Whilst on things "Aussie" what did our Forum F1 fans think of young Daniel Ricciardo's effort in the wet Qualifying session to put his Red Bull car on the front row of the grid while team mate & 4 times World Champ Seb Vettel only managed 12 place!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WW1 Aussie BE 2 Pt Cook.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	386.9 KB 
ID:	126210Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WW1 Aussie Pup.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	125.2 KB 
ID:	126211
    Last edited by gully_raker; 03-15-2014 at 18:05.

Good pictures!

Very nice Baz, thanks
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Very interesting pictures as usual Baz.
    Yes young Ricciardo did very well.
    We will have to wait and see if Seb can make amends this afternoon.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Angry

After a really great drive by Daniel those *#@+* FIA idiots disqualified him due to the FIA sensor on the Fuel metering unit (Also FIA supplied) gave a higher than allowed Kg per hour flow reading. The unit had already been changed in practice but the replacement unit also gave fluctuating readings so the original unit went back in.
    It appears many teams had problems with the flow sensors giving differing readings so Red Bull & Renault installed their own sensor to make sure they got the correct flow rate. An Appeal has been made & RB & Renault will supply data to prove no irregularities occurred. Watch this Space. I think there will be rioting in the streets of Melbourne if the DSQ is not overturned!

Nice pics of some great-looking kites Baz - thanks for posting.

I totally agree Baz. I hate these artificial rules that the FIA keep on insisting upon. If the amount of petrol is set how the teams use it to the best advantage is no different of trying to get the best out of the Tyre wear.
    Lets have a proper race where the best team with the best innovative car wins.
    Even though it would promote my lads to second and third place if it holds, it would be a travesty of justice. Then, it would not be the first time that the FIA had achieved that distinction now would it!
    Rob.

I agree Chris.
    High time they brought NASCAR to Britain.
    F.I.A. stands for Flipping Incompetent Armholes, or anything similar that you can substitute for flipping and armholes.

Sorry for hijacking your thread Baz.
    Rob.

Perhaps if the Technocrats were not running amok in F1, they wouldn't have these problems. Technology is not what makes Great Racing; Competition is what makes Great Racing. I could create a better racing series than F1, and not allow any tech more advanced than what a hobbyist could assemble in his garage (and if I could ever find the money for it, I'd do it).

Similar Missions

1. Bristol Boxkite Replica flies in Australia.
    By gully_raker in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-02-2014, 01:58
  2. New WW1 replica Aircraft arrive in Australia.
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-29-2013, 01:44
  3. Great pics of WW1 replica Aircraft!
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-22-2013, 01:18