ID:	126051

more pics here:
    http://imgur.com/a/zv7dr

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10266331

- Tachikawa Ki-17 (Type 95 Trainer)
    - Kawanishi E7K (Type 94 Float Plane)
    - Fiat CR.42 Falco
    - Unknown Secret

"the Tachikawa Ki-17 and Kawanishi E7K are interestingly selections, both having previously only been available as resin kits from A&W Models (http://www.hlj.com/product/AWW144017/Air and http://www.hlj.com/product/AWW144025/Air)". From thread at http://www.kampfgruppe144.com/phpBB3...php?f=6&t=3122

Looks I have to get one box just for the CR 42. Instead of the float plane they could have done a German plane but at least they are making different countries. Thanks for the heads up on this. I will check HLJ so may be a preorder.

Be interesting to see how the F-Toys Cr.42 stacks up to the Ares version.

Cr 42? Damn, I still have 3 Battlefront planes to build. Oh well, will probably have to get some more. A shame this Cr 42 is boxed with 2 duds.

Well at least you get more planes for the price even though 6 are something you may not want. I have one of their P-38's and have to say a very nice model.

I had really been hoping they'd do another biplane series ever since their first one with Albatros DIII & SPAD VII came out. Love those planes! (The other two were the Gladiator and a Japanese plane) They make fine little models. Very disappointed in them not continuing with more WWI choices. Maybe the "secret" model will be from WWI?

Thumbs up

Awesome! Been waiting for the ole' CR.42!

Quote Originally Posted by greenalfonzo View Post
    I had really been hoping they'd do another biplane series ever since their first one with Albatros DIII & SPAD VII came out. Love those planes! (The other two were the Gladiator and a Japanese plane) They make fine little models. Very disappointed in them not continuing with more WWI choices. Maybe the "secret" model will be from WWI?
    Swordfish I think you will find rather than a Gladiator.

I have 2 Swordfish and they are very good models. So many other options for them to make. Maybe 1 Japanese plane (other than a Zero) and 2 other countries. That would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by csadn View Post
    Be interesting to see how the F-Toys Cr.42 stacks up to the Ares version.
    Yes it will. The Stringbags were quite impressive, every bit as good, if not better than the old Nexus versions; which IMHO, are just a tad better than the current Ares models. The original series I nexus planes had turning props, wheels and a little better detail painting, as well as better colors; again IMHO.

I thought the F-Toys Spad VII was good, but the two French ones I bought (gave one to a close friend) required a little touch up painting first. Even though it was extremely close, I liked the original Nexus Spad XIIIs better than the F-Toys Spad VII.

It'd be awesome if the secret was a Gladiator.

Chianti Party Here We Come!

I will look on Ebay for the CR42 but can only imagine what some will want for it by selling it by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by kaufschtick View Post
    It'd be awesome if the secret was a Gladiator. :pray:
    Doesn't work that way -- the special is always one of the three types found in the box.

Well food for thought....SET 15:

We know at least one Japanese (fighter) plane
    Gladiator (hopefully)
    Any guess or wish ?

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    Well food for thought....SET 15:

We know at least one Japanese (fighter) plane
    Gladiator (hopefully)
    Any guess or wish ?
    If they did a Gladiator in the next series, that'd be OK with me!

In the last set (13) it was good to see the Russian plane. I know in War Birds #7 they had a C-202 and a IL 2. If they did a reprint of the bombers with the B-17 and a Betty I think that would be a big seller.

Any guess or wish ?
    Not really -- I do try to keep in mind F-Toys is *not* making these for _WoG_-players' benefits. If they put together a package which can be used, so be it; if not, same.

So true. They make the models for making models. Maybe they might see there is a base for Wings players in 1/144. Maybe a good business choice.

Peter
    Thanks for sharing. Only the CR.42 would be of any interest to me.

Rich

Just checked HLJ and they have this set for preorder. Issue date is May. I just ordered 1 box for the CR-42's so looks like six other bi planes.

Smile

Bob

I went to WW2 to avoid all of those struts and wires!

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by richard m schwab View Post
    I went to WW2 to avoid all of those struts and wires!:)
    Some biplanes used cantilevered wings.... ;)

So true. They make the models for making models. Maybe they might see there is a base for Wings players in 1/144. Maybe a good business choice.
    If I was manufacturing these models, "wings" 1/144 players would be of next to no consideration - we must be a very small group really, even globally. That being said, these model makers come up with some "interestingly different" choices that most do not readily appreciate (me included).

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    If I was manufacturing these models, "wings" 1/144 players would be of next to no consideration - we must be a very small group really, even globally. That being said, these model makers come up with some "interestingly different" choices that most do not readily appreciate (me included).
    Too true; there must be many more Japanese chewing gum eaters out there than WoW players who don't even go with the 'official' 1/200 scale merchandise that comes with the game! But that huge volume of customers means that those of us who do indulge in 1/144 can look forward to pretty regular drops of new products - in this case only 3 months between Vol.13 release and Vol.14 announced release date. Gotta be happy with that!

There must be many 1/144 collectors because when I go to HLJ there are many sets that are sold out. I did a preorder on #13 and when I checked before it was issued it was out of stock. Having been exposed to this side I have to say thanks for the great models.

Release date on the F-Toys website is 19 May 2014.

Selling now on evilBay, though not a retailer I've used before - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WING-KIT-C...item3a9086cc50

The Fiat CR42 'special' is a Luftwaffe Nachtschlachtgruppe aircraft.
    Last edited by Baldrick62; 05-18-2014 at 07:17.

Email from HLJ that my order will be here on 20 May. Will let you know.

The FEDEX package from HLJ just arrived. The special was a type 95. They are all nice looking but glad to have the CR42's which is very nice.

The FEDEX package from HLJ just arrived. The special was a type 95. They are all nice looking but glad to have the CR42's which is very nice.
    Waiting to see what my 'special' will be, although I really only want the CR42s and one of the ALFs.

I know what you mean about the planes. Have to see what the next series will bring.

Have to see what the next series will bring.
    Gladiators!

I will start looking for the CR-42`s on Evel Bay!

Rich

I will look for them at Historicon in July. I can't think what some may want for them on Ebay.

Lou

Thanks i looked them up. I ordered one of each CR-42. Just what i needed!

Rich

Like we all need more planes. I just received the last B-17F I ordered so now have 3 and one B-17C. I have an idea for a game with the B-17C at GOA.

Thumbs up

Bob

That is why i ordered three planes i really wanted! Tell me more or is it a secret. I will do a B-29 over Japan event. I will schedule it for Friday night at 6pm. I normally run one Saturday at 8am. When do you want to run yours. If you want Saturday morning i will sleep in. I suggest Saturday evening or Afternoon.

Rich

Pity I can't get the text off the various models' info sheets; otherwise, I could tell people what the various paint schemes are.

LOL I can"t Imagine What you have planned LOL

Never have run a game so would defer to your knowledge and expertise. Just come up with the idea.

Lou

Will you be down in August for GOA? Bob and i need a steady wing man.

Rich

Bob

You do an outline, i`ll make it work!

Rich

Yes I am planning on it. I am all set for Historicon, have may room all reserved. Looking forward to both of them, NO SNOW.

Lou I will look for you at Historicon and flying together at GOA. Hope we can get in many games.

Built my first CR 42 and what a challenge it was for me. First the windscreen was so small and that took time. Than the struts. I think I will stick with single wing planes for a bit.

Bob

Mine arrived and i was just shaking my head over the same issue! I prefer one wing!

Rich

Rich was one of the worst time I had trying to put one of these together. Wait until you get to the 2 different fuselage to wing struts. I left one set off as I couldn't figure how to attach them.

Bob

Are all of your landing gear painted on the spru? Along with the delightful time i am having building these little SOB`s! I find that the lading gear parts were not painted or partially badly painted on all three. The robot must have been on strike?

Rich

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. F-Toys Wing Kit Collection Vol.13
    By Baldrick62 in forum 1/144 Scale Dawn of War
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 03-22-2014, 13:03
  2. F-Toys Wing Kit Collection Vol.12
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 03-13-2014, 16:53
  3. F-Toys Wing Kit Collection Vol.11
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-24-2013, 14:27
  4. F-Toys Wing Kit Collection Vol.10
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-09-2013, 14:09
  5. F-Toys Wing Kit Collection Vol.8 is out!
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-20-2011, 02:22