Ares Games

Thread: ANOTHER AMAZING BOOK PEOPLE OFFER - EVEN BETTER ONE !!!

Default ANOTHER AMAZING BOOK PEOPLE OFFER - EVEN BETTER ONE !!!

This is a tremendous offer chaps - I treated myself at Christmas but they are back on sale again...

TEN BOOKS FOR TEN QUID..........and all right up our street rrp £95.90 ours for only £9.99 code 1207-MOBX
    Some seriously good titles here (does this count as a book review? or ten? lol)

1. No Empty Chairs by Ian Mackersley - All about RFC fighter pilots (and a few of the German chaps as well).. I have finished this one, a brilliant read. I consider myself something of a clever clogs on this stuff, but I learnt so much. Very easy to read, (almost a novel feel to large parts of it, but so many fascinating facts, its very hard to put down) short well thought out chapters covering most of the the big names from WWI (Hawker, Rhys Davies, McCudden, Mannock, MVR etc.) plus great detail about the RFC leaders like 'Boom' Trenchard. I actually bought the whole set just to get this book. Would recommend it as compulsory for the mess.
    2.Mud Blood & Poppycock by Gordon Corrigan - Very topical at the moment re-examines all myths about incompetence amongst the High Command, the pointless slaughter of the trenches etc. looks very interesting
    3. To Win A War - by John Terraine - A study of the events of 1918
    4. Paths of Glory - by Anthony Clayton - The French Army 1914-1918, just started this one, makes me realise I know next to nothing about our allies in that great conflict, very easy to forget it wasn't just us vs. the Germans in trenches.
    5. Six Weeks - by John Lewis Stemple - The short and gallant life of a British Infantry officer in the great war

Then five books from the Second World War

6. DAS BOOT - by Lothar Gunther Buchheim - I have seen the film and TV series can't wait to read the book.
    7. The Dambusters Raid - byJohn Sweetman, say no more, start the music please... na na na na na na naa !!!
    8. Backroom Boys by Edward Smithies - Personal stories of Britain's Air War 1939-1945
    9. Wings on my Sleeve by Captain Eric'Winkle' Brown, arguably one of the greatest test pilots of all time, and someone who has flown virtually every combat aircraft from the second world war, his insights must be quite fascinating...
    10. Journey's End by Kevin Wilson - The story of Bomber Command

Many of these are very recent releases (No Empty Chairs = 2013), it is a fantastic collection, and even if only 2 or 3 really grab your attention it is too good an offer to turn down ( and NO I am not on any sort of commission, lol)
    Enjoy chaps, maybe we can swap literary experiences in the bar over a large G&T
    Last edited by Hedeby; 03-06-2014 at 15:01. Reason: typo

Nice one Chris. I've read 3 or 4 already, but still a bargain. Can use the ones that I have read as pressies.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

My thoughts exactly

Can't afford to miss out on this one.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Thanks for this, I'm still learning so I went straight on and ordered the pack. Foolishly I then went on to search and there are quite a few books im after now. Cheers.

Just ordered mine but avoided looking at anything else.
    Now I will have to go back and see if I missed anything.
    You are getting me into financial dire straights young Nigel.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Just ordered mine but avoided looking at anything else.
    Now I will have to go back and see if I missed anything.
    You are getting me into financial dire straights young Nigel.
    Rob.
    Well, to tempt you I also found this
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Well, to tempt you I also found this
    I'm immune I tell you. Immune, immune Neddy lad.
    Rob.

Oh come on guys, I'm gonna end up buying the company.

[QUOTE=Flying Officer Kyte;278285]I'm immune I tell you. Immune, immune/QUOTE]

Well, it seems I'm not

19 books later.........................

Oh dear what have I started? maybe I should apply for the position of squadron librarian, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    Oh dear what have I started? maybe I should apply for the position of squadron librarian, lol
    Never mind the book job Chris, please look here. It may be to your advantage.

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/forum.php

Rob.

Am a bit confused Rob - this link only seems to take me to the front page?

They have many other Military books. Also 15 Biggles books for £14.99.

Am a bit confused Rob - this link only seems to take me to the front page?
    You need to read the sticky order form for your Polo shirt before it's too late.
    Rob.

This is a tremendous offer chaps - I treated myself at Christmas but they are back on sale again...

TEN BOOKS FOR TEN QUID..........and all right up our street rrp £95.90 ours for only £9.99 code 1207-MOBX
    Some seriously good titles here (does this count as a book review? or ten? lol)

1. No Empty Chairs by Ian Mackersley - All about RFC fighter pilots (and a few of the German chaps as well).. I have finished this one, a brilliant read. I consider myself something of a clever clogs on this stuff, but I learnt so much. Very easy to read, (almost a novel feel to large parts of it, but so many fascinating facts, its very hard to put down) short well thought out chapters covering most of the the big names from WWI (Hawker, Rhys Davies, McCudden, Mannock, MVR etc.) plus great detail about the RFC leaders like 'Boom' Trenchard. I actually bought the whole set just to get this book. Would recommend it as compulsory for the mess.
    2.Mud Blood & Poppycock by Gordon Corrigan - Very topical at the moment re-examines all myths about incompetence amongst the High Command, the pointless slaughter of the trenches etc. looks very interesting
    3. To Win A War - by John Terraine - A study of the events of 1918
    4. Paths of Glory - by Anthony Clayton - The French Army 1914-1918, just started this one, makes me realise I know next to nothing about our allies in that great conflict, very easy to forget it wasn't just us vs. the Germans in trenches.
    5. Six Weeks - by John Lewis Stemple - The short and gallant life of a British Infantry officer in the great war

Then five books from the Second World War

6. DAS BOOT - by Lothar Gunther Buchheim - I have seen the film and TV series can't wait to read the book.
    7. The Dambusters Raid - byJohn Sweetman, say no more, start the music please... na na na na na na naa !!!
    8. Backroom Boys by Edward Smithies - Personal stories of Britain's Air War 1939-1945
    9. Wings on my Sleeve by Captain Eric'Winkle' Brown, arguably one of the greatest test pilots of all time, and someone who has flown virtually every combat aircraft from the second world war, his insights must be quite fascinating...
    10. Journey's End by Kevin Wilson - The story of Bomber Command

Many of these are very recent releases (No Empty Chairs = 2013), it is a fantastic collection, and even if only 2 or 3 really grab your attention it is too good an offer to turn down ( and NO I am not on any sort of commission, lol)
    Enjoy chaps, maybe we can swap literary experiences in the bar over a large G&T
    Just a heads up for those that missed out last time - this offer is back on and there seems to be plenty of stock - God bless the book people (and Tim I feel safe from your wrath as I believe you got these last time I mentioned them...)

If you buy before midnight on 23rd November, you can receive an extra 20% off if you use the promotion code TREE20.

Good find. A great deal.
    Well worth twice the money.
    Just a shame I already have all the WW2 ones and two of the WWI books.
    Rob.

Similar Missions

1. GREAT OFFER FROM 'THE BOOK PEOPLE'
    By Hedeby in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-01-2014, 00:19
  2. For people who play WGF and WGS
    By NZgunner in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-23-2013, 04:11
  3. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-13-2012, 13:37
  4. Getting people into the game! Among other questions :)
    By Cthulhurising in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-02-2012, 06:01
  5. When people game in public
    By BryanR in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-10-2010, 09:21