Ares Games

Thread: Removing Fire Markers

Default Removing Fire Markers

Hey, everyone. Yesterday I posted a Quick Reference Card that a friend of mine designed for WGF. Quite a few people commented on how useful it is; however, one person pointed out that "flame markers come off at the beginning of a turn before the first manoeuvre card is played, not the end of the turn."

Can anyone explain to me why this is an important distinction? When I passed that comment along to the card's designer he said that he saw no reason to make the correction, since in practical terms it doesn't matter whether the marker is removed at the end of the turn (when smoke markers are removed), or before revealing the first maneuver card.

It's a subtle difference, but one none the less (plus a quick reference should state all the rules correctly ). Since the damage from the fire can cause the plane to be removed from play, it effects how the other players plan their next maneuvers. As your friend has it now, the plan would be removed from the table (assuming it was destroyed by the fire damage) at the end of the turn before anyone planned the maneuvers for the next turn. If the damage occurs at the start of the turn, after planning but before moving, all the players have to account for that plane still.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Berel
    Sorties Flown

That makes sense, thanks. I was wondering about this because of the other thread.

Users Country Flag

Blog Entries
    Name
    Stephen
    Sorties Flown

On the same subject:FIRE.
    Should the fire be automatically extinguished after the third turn or should there be a chance of the fire continuing for at least another three turns?...or until fire is extinguished.
    Drawing a 0 result from an A deck extingished the fire, any other card drawn and the fire continues for another three turns.

It goes out after three turns or unless put out by and over dive. But other options are available via house rules.

There is one more important rule for plane in flames that has the influence on planning:
    "Untill all the flame counters are removed, the airplane on fire cannot plan any straight maneuver."
    If you remove the counter at the end of the turn instead after planning phase, you can plan the straight one turn sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by STEPHEN NAPIER View Post
    Should the fire be automatically extinguished after the third turn or should there be a chance of the fire continuing for at least another three turns?...
    Ouch. As one who seems to end most "friendlies" on fire, this would hurt. As it is, pulling the remaining fire damage cards after I have left the board or the game has ended has resulted in the destruction of my kite the last two weeks.

I hate fire.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by fast.git View Post
    Ouch. As one who seems to end most "friendlies" on fire, this would hurt. As it is, pulling the remaining fire damage cards after I have left the board or the game has ended has resulted in the destruction of my kite the last two weeks.

I hate fire.
    Know how you feel Chris I lost a plane to fire in both my last two games & I wont even mention Cancon!

Similar Missions

1. FIRE & SMOKE markers magnetized tutorial
    By Antabires in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-10-2013, 16:41
  2. Removing old decals
    By Old Navy in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-14-2013, 12:40
  3. Removing original paint
    By Niclas in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 24