Ares Games

Thread: Missing Pilot?

Default Missing Pilot?

I'm still waiting on four of my Series 1 planes to arrive in the mail, however I DID receive my Fokker "Kempf" mini from a different merchant waiting for me when I got home. After the thrill of prying it from it's plastic white prison, I noticed that the plane was missing a pilot model!

Is this the case with all of the Series 1 planes? I have one miniature of each model plane from Series 2 & 3, and all of them have a small brown "bump" used to represent the pilot at the controls. Is it possible that I got a randomly defective model from the factory, or were pilots not included in the Series 1 models?

Thanks!
    Keegan

Hi Keegan. No, you do not have a defective mini. All the series 1 miniatures were without a pilot.

Scott

But a company called Peter Pig makes some 1/144 scale pilots that you can add in if you like. Do a search for them and you will find info on here about installing them and all.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Keith Todd
    Sorties Flown

While on this subject of "missing", is the Richthofen Roland supposed to without the mg mounted on the wing above the pilot?

It looks like that is the way it comes.

Thanks,
    Keith

EDIT: Never mind I just checked the card, only one B. So was this mainly an observation plane?

Users Country Flag

Name
    David Kuijt
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by ktodd View Post
    EDIT: Never mind I just checked the card, only one B. So was this mainly an observation plane?
    Not at all -- in 1916, lots of two-seaters had a gun for the gunner and no gun for the pilot. German and British planes. The Sopwith Strutter that came along in mid 1916 was one of the first British planes (single or two-seater) that had a factory-installed interrupter gear, if I recall correctly.

With its huge arc of fire, the Roland with just a single rear gun is still more than a match for Nieuport 10s, DH2s, and the other mainstay 1916 fighters, and you should be able to deal with Nieuport 17s without much problem either.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Keith Todd
    Sorties Flown

Thanks David!

Reviresco also has pilots and crew IIRC.

http://www.tin-soldier.com/

Henry

I was mentioning this pilot thing on another thread (have a look in the Hobby Room). Do any of the other WoW series miniatures other than Series 1 have figures in the aeroplanes then?

Similar Missions

1. What planes are missing from this list
    By Oberst Hajj in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-23-2010, 17:59
  2. Rockets missing due to jammed guns?
    By JBParkland in forum WGF: Rules Help
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-09-2010, 17:59
  3. Posted missing
    By AlgyLacey in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 5