Ares Games
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: INFIRMARY

Quote Originally Posted by Blackronin View Post
    Dear Rob, Neil's most definitely deserves a pay raise.
    I motion for a pay raise for Neil. All in favor raise your right arm.
    'Fraid I can't old boy. I 'm holding my G&T in my right hand.
    Kyte.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Mmm... Dear commander, that's your left hand... the... mmmm... one holding the G&T... if you could just raise the other one... please...

That one's got the bottle in it.
    Kyte.

Oh boy... Commander, my dear Commander... If you look carefully you see that the bottle is in my left hand... Just raise you right hand, please...

Charlie Owens couldn't believe his luck. Shooting down 2 Hun's then the bullet into his leg. He felt down and could feel the warm liquid running down his leg. He felt sick and feint, not having any breakfast didn't help matters. Charlie was scrambled before He could get his 'scrambled'. Never mind. Got to get back. He headed over the chanel hoping to make Dover and a soft landing before he passed out. He pushed the Hurricane to its limit. The pain in his leg was unbearable now. God I'm not going to make it, he thought. 'Pull yourself together man, you are going to make it', he said to no one in particular. Then he could make out the feint smudge of the white cliffs of Dover. His leg was burning now and he knew he didn't have long left before the pain made him black out.

He willed himself to concentrate as he screamed over the cliffs at low level. Seeing an airfield he put his wheels down and landed cross wind, nearly hitting a plane taking off. His Hurricane hit the ground with a sickening thud, bounced into the air and hit the ground a few times. Each time agonizing bolts of pain shot up his leg. Finally the Hurricane came to a stop. He didn't have the strength to pull open the canopy.

Suddenly the canopy was wrenched open and strong arms lifted him out and got him onto a stretcher. He heard "Ok, let me look at him first that leg looks bad it might have to come off!". Leg off he thought, what will I do with one leg? "Well of all the, what a ruddy, silly bugger. Sit him up. OK, young man next time you take off don't put a thermos flask in your flying suit leg pocket. Damn fool. Now get him up off that stretcher and tell him to report to the WingCo's office. No doubt he will want a word with him after nearly crashing into him during take off!"

rolled 5 -1 (wnd) = 4 Just a scratch
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4609996/
    See you on the Dark Side......

I know the feeling Neil. Seepage from a Gin Bottle is much akin to a thermos wound.
    Let's hope that the Wingco of the station is as understanding as I am with my boys.
    A very good closure of events as usual.
    Kyte.

Oh boy... Commander, my dear Commander... If you look carefully you see that the bottle is in my left hand... Just raise you right hand, please...
    Now how did that get there old chap.We seem to have a bottle each. Just hold the bottle whilst I finish this G&T.
    Now then what were you saying about Hans?
    Kyte.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Now how did that get there old chap.We seem to have a bottle each. Just hold the bottle whilst I finish this G&T.
    Now then what were you saying about Hans?
    Kyte.
    Ah well. Nothing of really important, sir. Would you mind signing these unimportant papers to help a fellow comrade in arms, sir?

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    Charlie Owens couldn't believe his luck. Shooting down 2 Hun's then the bullet into his leg. He felt down and could feel the warm liquid running down his leg. He felt sick and feint, not having any breakfast didn't help matters. Charlie was scrambled before He could get his 'scrambled'. Never mind. Got to get back. He headed over the chanel hoping to make Dover and a soft landing before he passed out. He pushed the Hurricane to its limit. The pain in his leg was unbearable now. God I'm not going to make it, he thought. 'Pull yourself together man, you are going to make it', he said to no one in particular. Then he could make out the feint smudge of the white cliffs of Dover. His leg was burning now and he knew he didn't have long left before the pain made him black out.

He willed himself to concentrate as he screamed over the cliffs at low level. Seeing an airfield he put his wheels down and landed cross wind, nearly hitting a plane taking off. His Hurricane hit the ground with a sickening thud, bounced into the air and hit the ground a few times. Each time agonizing bolts of pain shot up his leg. Finally the Hurricane came to a stop. He didn't have the strength to pull open the canopy.

Suddenly the canopy was wrenched open and strong arms lifted him out and got him onto a stretcher. He heard "Ok, let me look at him first that leg looks bad it might have to come off!". Leg off he thought, what will I do with one leg? "Well of all the, what a ruddy, silly bugger. Sit him up. OK, young man next time you take off don't put a thermos flask in your flying suit leg pocket. Damn fool. Now get him up off that stretcher and tell him to report to the WingCo's office. No doubt he will want a word with him after nearly crashing into him during take off!"

rolled 5 -1 (wnd) = 4 Just a scratch
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4609996/
    Very amusing, Neil.

Ah well. Nothing of really important, sir. Would you mind signing these unimportant papers to help a fellow comrade in arms, sir?

Arms you say, arms. Can't sign out arms unless you have a chitty from the senior armourer.
    never mind that now, old chap, pass the bottle back I seem to be empty again.
    Kyte.

Arms you say, arms. Can't sign out arms unless you have a chitty from the senior armourer.
    never mind that now, old chap, pass the bottle back I seem to be empty again.
    Kyte.
    Sure sir! A new bottle. Can you please sign here the release of the new bottle, sir?! Just to keep things tidy!

Well I had to think of something to along with just a scratch!

Very amusing, Neil.

Sure sir! A new bottle. Can you please sign here the release of the new bottle, sir?! Just to keep things tidy!
    Seem to have mislaid my pen dear boy.
    Kyte.

Ah a well balanced man, a bottle in each hand

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Better than a thermos in the pocket....

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    Ah a well balanced man, a bottle in each hand

Seem to have mislaid my pen dear boy.
    Kyte.
    Oh! No worries, sir! Use mine. I'll hold the bottle for you. Here.

Smile

You two seriously need help.
    So let me help. I will hold both bottles
    "See you later"!----- as he quickly leaves taking said bottles with him!

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    You two seriously need help.
    So let me help. I will hold both bottles
    "See you later"!----- as he quickly leaves taking said bottles with him!
    Thanks Lt Colonel Barry. Now sir, would you kindly sign this?

Thanks Lt Colonel Barry. Now sir, would you kindly sign this?
    Good job those bottles were empty. Be a good chap and break out another two would you.
    I'll just finish this glass.
    Kyte.

Good job those bottles were empty. Be a good chap and break out another two would you.
    I'll just finish this glass.
    Kyte.
    Absolutely, Sir! I'll open two more. Just sign this requisition for them.

Bally hell, the mess steward says we've exceeded our hourly allocation and must wait until the clock strikes the hour before getting another bottle, damnation doesn't he know there's a war on?

Absolutely, Sir! I'll open two more. Just sign this requisition for them.

Oh! No need old chap. The Bar Steward will stick them on my tab.
    Kyte.

Oh! No need old chap. The Bar Steward will stick them on my tab.
    Kyte.
    Of course he will! This is just you tab sheet for you to sign, sir. Let's take care of this and head to another bar still opened. We need to carry on with the war!

Of course he will! This is just you tab sheet for you to sign, sir. Let's take care of this and head to another bar still opened. We need to carry on with the war!
    Oh that tab! I pre signed it when you asked me the first time old boy. That's when I lost my confounded pen. Ah! I remember now, here it is behind my ear.
    Kyte.

Oh that tab! I pre signed it when you asked me the first time old boy. That's when I lost my confounded pen. Ah! I remember now, here it is behind my ear.
    Kyte.
    Oh dear sir. You've signed the tabs for the previous month. This is the tab for this month. And since you've found your beautiful pen...

Oh very well then, here you are Major.

Drat, seems to be out of ink.
    Kyte.

Kyte.
    Here's mine. I just filled it with ink this very morning.

Thanks Major.
    Oops, sorry broke the nib.
    Kyte

Thanks Major.
    Oops, sorry broke the nib.
    Kyte
    That happens, sir! I've got three more here with me. My family always offers me these wonderful Parker pens in my birthday. This one is made of Stainless Steel. Try it out, please.

Out of drink...hic, out of drink...put that pen in the guardroom Provost Marshal. It's a collaborating Pen or should that be callibrating? Anyways of to the slammer with it.

Kyte.

It's got an Italic nib. I'm afraid I can't use those.
    Kyte.

It's got an Italic nib. I'm afraid I can't use those.
    Kyte.
    I see. Noooo problem whatsoever, sir. As I've told you I've got three more. Try this one. Truly British, steel nib, fully charged with ink, excellent handling, delicious to write with and after you sign with it, I'll offer it to you. Care to sign, sir?

Good grief man is that the time.
    I should be in the briefing room.
    See me about whatever it is later.
    Toodle pip old chap!
    Kyte.

Oh dear, sir! I'm also ordered to attend that briefing! I'll go along with you... In the meantime just to put this business behind our backs, give it just a signature, sir.

Oh very there you go Major.
    Frederic. O. Kyte.
    Now don't forget to bring those glasses with you old chap.

PO Reynolds wrestled with the 'stringbag' all the way down. He was glad he hadn't had time to gain much height. His controls were all but useless, his engine had stalled and he was trying to land a brick as safely as he could on the sea. Luckily there were no waves, the sea near the Straight of Gozo was like a mill pond, flat and like a blue mirror. He needed to balance the trim as the swordfish was canted to port. He shouted backwards over his shoulder, "Lean out to the right lads, get her level then sit back down sharpish, we're going in". Whether or not the 'lads' did as he said he didn't know but the strinbag pulled up its left wing and leveled out just as the stringbag hit the surface of the sea. Luckily it glided forward then just sank until the lower wing surface bit into the sea and jerked the plane to an abrupt stop. PO Reynols was thrown forward and bashed his nose on the edge of his cockpit and George Farmer behind bashed the back of his head on PO Reynolds head as his came backwards after bashing his nose. "Come on you two lets get into the dinghy, the Sunderlands about to finish off the sub, then he'll pick us up" Sub Lt Brian Woodward called out, already standing on the wing surface wrestling with the dinghy to get it inflated. A short while later they paddled away and still the plane hadn't sank.

PO. Dean Reynolds SD.S.
    rolled:2 -1 (sea) +2 (low level and not very fast) = 3 = Crash landed ok WIA
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4613325/
    Wounded rolled: 4 = just a scratch
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4613326/

Ms. George Farmer SD.S.
    rolled:2 - 1 (sea) +2 (low level not fast) = 3 = WIA
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4613328/
    wounded rolled:6 = just a scratch
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4613330/

Sub Lt. Brian Woodward. SD.S.
    rolled: rolled 5 - 1 (sea) +2 (low level not fast) = 6 = Crash landed ok.
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4613331/

Flt Ltn Gresham was sat at his desk writing out his after action report and his last sighting of F.O. Chamberlain when the phone rang. Picking up the receiver he snapped off a smart "At once Sir". Before putting the receiver back down, donning his hat and marching at a brisk walk to the CO's office. He rapped off a quick Rata-tat-tat and on hearing @come in' pushed open the CO's door.
    "Come in Jon and sit down".
    "Yes Sir, is there a problem?"'
    "I'll say so. Now, where did you last say you saw young Chamberlain?".
    "Well Sir, he had just flown right through the Heinkel's, took a bad hit on his wing then his cockpit was shredded by a rear gunner who was jolly on form, if I may say. He dived and peeled right, heading for the sea. I took it that he was heading home, wounded but OK".
    "Um". Came the reply from the CO.
    "Well Sir I thought he was ok, are you telling me he ended up in the drink? Is he ok?".
    "Bloody hell Jon, can't you keep a closer eye on your flight. Young Chamberlain is in the drink alright. In fact he's well in the drink!"
    "You don't mean he bought it do you Sir, I don't think I could write a letter home to his mother, He's all she has after...."
    Don't get all mawdling on me Jon! He's in the bloody drink alright, in RAF Manston's bloody mess. Seems he got lost, wandered all over the south east coast then managed to break up a bombing raid by 2 Jerry JU88's sneaking in under the radar to bomb Manston. Gun's jammed he buzzed the hell out of them so they scarpered. Mind you the flak boys weren't too happy, seemingly they had the 88's lined up for a right pasting just as Chamberlain started buzzing them. So you can 'borrow' the squadron car and go and pick him up. Wouldn't be surprised if there's not a medal in it for young chamberlain, stopping an attack and him being wounded and all that. Oh and when you get him back get him some map reading exercises so he know's which way he's flying".
    "Yes Sir."
    With a spring in his step Jon Gresham headed over to the car pool to head off and pick up his lost pilot.
    Ollie'

F.O Chamberlain (R) AI. WIA/RTB.
    rolled: 3 -1 (wnd) = 2 = Out of Action for 2 scenarios.
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4627377/
    His aircraft:
    rolled: 6 (had to give him something out of the ordinary for that roll).
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4627412/
    Last edited by Lt. S.Kafloc; 09-02-2014 at 14:29.

Magnificent Neil. The Bard himself re incarnate.

Another magnum opus Neil. Bravo.
    Rob.

Rob.
    Bravo! Bravo once again!
    Rob?! What about that raise to Neil we've talked about?

Extract from the Times:
    Flying Officer Chamberlain was today awarded a Mention in Dispatches for his selfless act of bravery in stopping two German Junkers 88 light bombers from completing their mission, attacking RAF Manston. FO CHamberlain had already been wounded in an encounter with a flight of German Heinkel III's over the channel earlier that morning.

Smile

Rob.
    Magnum! Now that is my style of bottle Rob.
    Now is the Opus a Red or White? Never mind I 'll drink either thank you!

(The ME109 and Stuka gained 1 confirmed kill each. They backed each others story as they considered their Italian ally lost)

Saprisiti, Bellisma, Mama Mia. Cursed Gabriel Marcini as his doomed plane turned a lazy spiral left and headed for the sea. The battle raged on above him as thoughts of how to extricate himself from this doomed aircraft once it hit the sea went through his mind. At least the flames were being pushed away from the cockpit as he spun slowly downward. He eased the canopy back ready for impact. The engine was labouring as the flames blazed on unabated. He was 50 feet from the sea when all of a sudden the flames petered out, the engine kicked into a new surge of power and he deftly flicked the stick to the right, corrected the lazy spin and hurtled off at wave height. Not taking any chances he nursed his aircraft back to Trapani.

(As I had already allocated Gabriel Vet status his evasion ability kicked in and he cancelled the last 2 damage taken. As he was already out of the fight, it only seemed right and proper for him to benefit from this and the 6 rolled on invisiblecastle)

Gabriel Marcini / FLM - S - ET
    rolled:6 = He lives to fight again.
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4635563/

"Ok Clayton, were nearly there. Remember line up with the fantail and watch the deck landing officer for direction. I'm right with you and I'll fly alongside all the way down."
    "Don't know if I can make it Carl this wound is giving me some gip, I've lost a lot of blood".
    "Steady on, steady on. Don't think like that. Now concentrate, keep the wings level, good, now gear down, gear down kid"
    "Trying to but the hydraulics are shot, I'll have to pancake".
    "Ok, Ok, keep it steady they've got the nets up they know your gear's not down. Easy easy........Oh ****!"

Clayton fought the stricken wildcat all the way down, nearly on the deck it just fell out of the sky. Skidded along the deck and ploughed through 2 sets of wire before coming to a stop. The medic and crash team were straight there. One team cutting him free and lifting him out whilst the second cleared the deck for Carl's landing. Getting the thumbs up he circled once more, the CAG informing him that Clayton was fine, with that thought in his mind he touched down and rolled his plane to a stop. Another mission completed. Now for some chow on the Big E and make sure Clayton was settled in sick bay.

Lt Clayton Powell

Deck Landing Rolled: 3-1(WND)-1(+50% dam) = 1 Plane written off/pilot misses 1d6 scenarios.
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4637702/
    Missed Scenarios: Rolled 2
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4637704/

Ens Carl Franklin
    Deck Landing Rolled: 5+1 (Veteran) = 6 = Perfect landing (Didn't have to roll just wanted to, to make it look good)
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4637709/

Spot of wire wool and Dettol should see him good . :lol

Here's another fine landing you've gotten us into Neil.
    Remind me to tell you about my Dad's friend and his deck landing exploit when I see you at Derby.
    Rob.

PTO mission 1 (Marechallannes)

2nd Lt. Stanley Rybek

Wounded - Returned to Base

1d6 → [3] = (3) SKIP 1 SCENARIO

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4639837/
    Last edited by Marechallannes; 09-11-2014 at 02:48.
    Voilą le soleil d'Austerlitz!

PTO mission 2 (Marechallannes)

2nd Lt. Andrew Deluca

shot down

1d6 → [2] = (2) = KIA

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4640075/

I'll catch up with all the scores over the weekend, well on Sunday.

PTO mission 3 (Marechallannes)

Flying Officer Barry Wilson

wounded - returned to base

1d6 → [2] = (2) = Out of Action for 2 Scenarios

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4642003/

Serious injury, but he's available for future PTO missions.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Wings of War and Glory - Interlude 4: Infirmary
    By Blackronin in forum WGF: Campaign Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-24-2016, 03:20
  2. The Infirmary
    By Blackronin in forum Over the Trenches
    Replies: 266
    Last Post: 03-03-2014, 11:16
  3. Back after a time spent in the Infirmary