Ares Games

Thread: One card planning vs two cards planning.

Default One card planning vs two cards planning.

Hello everyone.

I wish to try a house rule using a modified version of "Basic Rules" from WoG Starter Set Rulebook. House rule is:

- Planning phase, I choose a card and place a altitude token.

- Moviment phase: I use the card I've planned same round (not the previous round). Using altitude rules.

- Firing Phase: Normal.

I can't use same card for two consecutives turns (one copy cards, like immmelman etc).

What do you think? Anyone has tried something like this rule? Worked fine?

Do you think it will ruin the game?

My hipothesis: Tailing will be more easier and there will not be random moviments anymore.

Noone liked it?

It would be an interesting trial. One of the key factors in WGS is the pre-planning you need to do to maneuver effectively. Taking this away would dramatically change the way the game works. ...but perhaps you may end up with more realism in the ability to get on someone's tail and stay there. (Not sure how much fun this would be for the player getting tailed!)

I proposed, and tested, a similar system to reduce planning in WGF from three moves to two. It worked very well. (Playing out very much like WGS.)

Really you'd have to try it out to see if the ways it improves the game are outweighed by any negative effects... or vice versa.

I'm not really in a position to try it myself, since my collection at the moment is entirely WGF, but I'd be really curious to see how it works.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Rich
    Sorties Flown

We always play WGS as one card plan and two for rookies and injured pilots, we all think at our club that it makes it feel way more like we imagine WWII should feel. It actually makes wingmen far more important as they can disrupt the tailing plane.

Rich

Rich; how do you handle the tailing rule? Are you allowed to see what card is planned (and therefore about to be played) for the tailed aircraft? That would make it exceedingly difficult to shake off pursuit... though maybe that is the desired effect.

Similar Missions

1. One card planning.
    By RichJ in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-09-2014, 15:40
  2. PLANNING A REPAINT ON A DR 1 NEED HELP
    By Antabires in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-14-2013, 16:04
  3. Planning for Guns Of August!
    By richard m schwab in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-29-2012, 05:40
  4. Anyone planning on doing some decorating?
    By AlgyLacey in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-07-2011, 13:49