Ares Games

Thread: We'll fight for it . . .

Default We'll fight for it . . .

With the new series 4 planes due out in September, my son and I have already gone over all the new minis deciding who gets what. However, after all was said and done, he decided he wanted one of the Rumplers that I had chosen. After numerous attempts to coerce me into giving up the desired Rumpler, I decided we'll settle it in the air. I'm pitting my best planes against his best planes. We'll fly one on one dogfights with various planes of equal abilities. Whoever wins the most duels wins the Rumpler (although either way I'm paying for it!!).

Sortie #1 - My Albatros D.III (Voss) vs. Hunter's Nieport 17 (Lufbery/Thenault). This was an interesting dogfight, as Hunter gained the early advantage after we traded blows on the first pass. With him in perfect position on my 6, it looked like an early end for my D.III unless he drew a gun jam card. As luck would have it, he DID! That pretty much saved my life as I was down nearly half my points at that time, and he would have surely landed 2-3 more double shots before I would have been able to shake him. So with his guns jammed, the tables turned. After a turn or two of jockying for position, I managed to gain perfect positionon off his 5 o'clock, proceeding to land three consecutive short range hits as I matched his maneuvers card for card. His Nieuport was sent spiraling to the ground, giving good old dad the first victory and the early lead for the Rumpler. Score one for the old guys. Oh, and on a side note the kill gave Voss Ace status for me!

Scott

That sounds great. Treasure the relationship you have with your son.

Don't you just have the feeling that he's setting you up? Time to start working on custom paint jobs for another Rumpler?

Users Country Flag

Name
    Adrian
    Sorties Flown

I think Chris is right,

He's just toying with you!

Adrian

Yeah, that hardly sounds like Hunter to me! Great stuff man.

Nice report Scott.
    but i think the young Hunter will not be so gentleman with you next time!

however guys check your six!...always!

It looks as if we have an interesting series of reports in prospect here. May the best pilot win. That should really read the trickiest.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

I must admit that I got a bit lucky with Hunter's gun jam at a key moment. I clearly can't put myself in that position again and expect to not be kissing the earthworms. The kid's too good of a pilot and he makes you pay for your mistakes. We'll be running duel #2 today so I'll post a report on the outcome when the fight is over.

Scott