Ares Games

Thread: Resurrecting an old project

Default Resurrecting an old project

Trying to finish what I started several years ago with a straffing/bombing mission against the Austro-Hungarian Danube river flotilla. Can anyone point me in the right direction for a base card template? Like the nice ones recently created for the SMS Wittelsbach.
    Thanks much!

Cricket, cricket,cricket.........

Quote Originally Posted by Badin23 View Post
    Cricket, cricket,cricket.........
    I don't think anyone's made one.

Yet....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]123131[/A
    Thanks Chris, I'm tying to figure out how to make a target card for this, similar to ones I've seen for other ships. Never done it before. I don't have a clue what program folks are using.
    I appreciate the response though,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails zmc_csuka-type.jpg  

[ATTACH=CONFIG]123131[/A
    Thanks Chris, I'm tying to figure out how to make a target card for this, similar to ones I've seen for other ships. Never done it before. I don't have a clue what program folks are using.
    I appreciate the response though,
    Image didn't come through.

Try using a simple graphics program like IfranView.

Open a top down view of an Austro-Hungarian ship like the SMS Leitha in IfranView.
    See: http://realzoldek.weboldala.net/disp...bum=140&pos=12

Use IfranView to color the top down view to match a color picture of SMS Leitha.
    See: http://lajtamonitor.hu/az-sms-leitha-tortenete
    & http://lajtamonitor.hu/a-lajta-monitor-muzeumhajo

Replace the image of the SMS Whittlesbach in the card with the colored image of the SMS Leitha using IfranView.

Change the stats in the new card for the SMS Leitha as needed.

IfranView is not nearly as powerful as Photoshop or Gimp.
    However, a beginner has a chance of making an adequate image in a reasonable time.
    Photoshop and Gimp require huge investments of time to become proficient.

Give me a shout and I'll do them for you. Just need the scale you need.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Thanks Kennith and Neil, really appreciate the help. Making a couple miniatures now. Neil if I can't figure it out based on Kennith's info I'll definitely be hitting you up.
    Thanks again all,

Done and dusted awaiting moderation in the WW! games aids file section.

The card looks great !

Thank you Skafloc.

How many in here have old projects they want to finish or start? I have so many to keep me busy for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    How many in here have old projects they want to finish or start? I have so many to keep me busy for some time.
    Old projects waiting to be finished:
    Microarmor from 20 years ago primed and waiting to be painted.
    Many un-built plastic kits in storage.
    Plastic figures primed and waiting to be painted.
    Many cardmodels waiting to be built.
    To be honest, it is unlikely that I will finish all of my old projects in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    I have more than I have time to type up.
    I cannot possibly finish everything in my lifetime. Trouble is, I can't (O.K., WON'T!) get rid of any of it, on the off chance that it might become my next project. I almost gave up on my 1/700 air/naval game rules and models, but a surprise upsurge in interest among members of my gaming club pushed it up to No.1 project.
    Needless to say, WGF has now pushed it back to 2nd place!

Yes there will be a few (lots) of unfinished projects that my children will inherit. I keep saying to myself "no new projects or games" but its worse than trying to give up smoking (and I have not acomplished that either).

Lord knows how many pounds/kilos (hopefully not tons) of unpainted lead is waiting for me in the attic. At least the newer stuff is plastic, so lighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Yes there will be a few (lots) of unfinished projects that my children will inherit. I keep saying to myself "no new projects or games" but its worse than trying to give up smoking (and I have not acomplished that either).
    You know, if you quit smoking, you'll have more time to finish those projects, and more money to buy new ones
    {only saying that, because we care }
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Thanks Karl looks like a bussy year as I have got to quit smoking and also losses my gut!

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Thanks Karl looks like a bussy year as I have got to quit smoking and also losses my gut!
    Yeh, I got some "lifestyle" changes myself: lose weight, low-acid diet, exercise...etc. I swear, if the alternative to getting old wasn't worst, I wouldn't do it
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Well I'm back to painting the 1/144th scale BoB lot (about 12 left to do), I've got 4 shapeways WW1 coming, A brigade of 15mm ACW, Afrika Corps in 1/300th for BlitzKreig COmmander, and finish off the Space Marine Chapter - Raptor's for WH40k, and the last of the Tyrannids for them to fight.

I have many wife sanctioned projects.... but only a couple here. You can imagine which ones get priority. I do have a question, I need to know what the Serbs were flying in 1915. I'm guessing Nieuport 11's? I know they were trained by the French. Thanks for the help!

I do have a question, I need to know what the Serbs were flying in 1915. I'm guessing Nieuport 11's? I know they were trained by the French.
    More like Bleriots, Farmans, and Voisins, based on what pics I can find (I'm pretty sure you *don't* want the link to stormfront.org I found on the topic... :P ). They were definitely French-influenced, tho'.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

What he said - they got Nieuport 10s and 11s in 1916, when the French started seriously equipping their forces in exile as it were. In 1915 they were still on a mixed bag of French antiques - Henri Farmans (VII and 20, possibly HF.40 too but I have my doubts on that one - at least one "French" Serbian squadron had MF.40s in 1916, but I don't think any were delivered to the Serbs before the invasion), Bleriot XIs (including at least one two-seater with an observer's MG), and at least one Deperdussin TT (two were delivered in 1912, but one was reported crashed while transporting a British officer in 1915). There was also a single French escadrille based in Serbia from mid 1915 - Escadrille MF 99s, flying Maurice Farman MF.11s.

http://cdg.pagesperso-orange.fr/BorSuj03.html
    http://www.aeroflight.co.uk/waf/yugo...1-all-time.htm

PS - There are mentions of them having Farman HF.40s and Caudron G3s delivered at some point too, but no confirmation that I can find offhand. This order of battle for October 1915 looks pretty plausible to me- note that the "French" Serbian units were mainly in training - afaik only MF 99s was committed at that stage.

http://www.aeroflight.co.uk/waf/yugo...st_orbat15.htm
    Last edited by Dom S; 02-23-2014 at 16:30.

Thanks Dom I really appreciate all the info...

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

No problem - glad it helped.

Side note: It's usually easy to tell what sort of plane a French squadron flew -- the letter in front of the number indicate the airplane type.

Similar Missions

1. The Zveno Project
    By Kaiser in forum WGS: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-19-2011, 17:57
  2. My first repaint project...
    By Tomitchoe in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 11-01-2011, 08:53
  3. The AFC Project
    By Bestia in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 2