Ares Games

Thread: Dog Fight over Edgware

Default Dog Fight over Edgware

Hi Guys, I live just outside of London, in a town called Edgware, Ten minutes from the old de Havilland factory/Stag Lane Aerodrome, (see Wikipedia,Stag Lane Aerodrome), so it's now wonder I'm into WW1 Aircraft/ Games, My great grandfather worked at the Aerodrome repairing the damaged planes, using woodworkers tools!!, I started playing Richthofen's war (avalon hill) in 1973, And now I've moved on to "wings of war/glory", My main problem other than my age, Is not having anyone to play against, So now to get to the point, Is there anyone in range of my Aerodrome who want a dogfight over Edgware?, You could come to me or, As I can travel for free, I could come to you, (any part on London north of the river) with ease, I am retired so I have all day to play, so please contact me if your up for it, I have over forty planes Two balloons, and one base map (east) and all the cards etc....Best regards Andron234, aka Drew PS, I'm also very close to the Hendon air force museum, which has a large number of WW1 planes on display, for me the best exhibit is a small glass dog, which was, Von Richthofen's lucky mascot, which according to the museum staff was left behind on his last mission, see attachmentAttachment 122994

Drew I'm sure you'll get many takers from your area. Are you coming to Salute? There are a lot of 'Drome members going and we're putting on games all day.

Neil
    See you on the Dark Side......

HI Neil, Alas I've never heard of Salute, Do you have any details for me?

Just a quick howdy from Kansas, Drew. Glad to have you on the flight line!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Rich
    Sorties Flown

Hi from just round the corner in Enfield!
    Salute is the biggest wargames show in England and is at excel in the docklands in April.
    Welcome to the fold.

Wow that's really nice to hear from you, My first ever contact with an American, I collect US insignia (Air Force) got loads of "Wings"Attachment 122996Attachment 122997Attachment 122998Attachment 122999, Please feel free to contact me, Best Regards Drew

Hi Rich, thanks for the info, Ill check it out.

Welcome Drew from the other side of the pond. Shame I'm not in your area, or I'd love a game with that collection. I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding takers.

In the meantime, if you don't find takers &/or are interested in an alternative, do take a look at our "Over the Trenches" forum for the Solo rules employed by a number of us solo forumers.

Ill do that Rob, thanks for the help

To find out more about what we are doing at salute, just look at the Sticky at the top of the U.k. page.
    Here:- http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...e-2014-Game-On!
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by andron234 View Post
    Hi Guys, I live just outside of London, in a town called Edgware, Ten minutes from the old de Havilland factory/Stag Lane Aerodrome, (see Wikipedia,Stag Lane Aerodrome), so it's now wonder I'm into WW1 Aircraft/ Games, My great grandfather worked at the Aerodrome repairing the damaged planes, using woodworkers tools!!, I started playing Richthofen's war (avalon hill) in 1973, And now I've moved on to "wings of war/glory", My main problem other than my age, Is not having anyone to play against, So now to get to the point, Is there anyone in range of my Aerodrome who want a dogfight over Edgware?, You could come to me or, As I can travel for free, I could come to you, (any part on London north of the river) with ease, I am retired so I have all day to play, so please contact me if your up for it, I have over forty planes Two balloons, and one base map (east) and all the cards etc....Best regards Andron234, aka Drew PS, I'm also very close to the Hendon air force museum, which has a large number of WW1 planes on display, for me the best exhibit is a small glass dog, which was, Von Richthofen's lucky mascot, which according to the museum staff was left behind on his last mission, see attachmentAttachment 122994
    Hi Drew
    I'm in Middlesex too, in Northolt next to the A40, and would be happy to fly sorties with/against you. I work shifts, but these usually give me a day off in the week every now and then. PM me and we'll set something up!
    Tim

Hi Tim PM sent with my mobile number,
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    Hi Drew
    I'm in Middlesex too, in Northolt next to the A40, and would be happy to fly sorties with/against you. I work shifts, but these usually give me a day off in the week every now and then. PM me and we'll set something up!
    Tim

Similar Missions

1. WWI as a Bar Fight
    By Horse4261 in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-07-2013, 05:28
  2. If WWI was a bar fight
    By Strangely Brown in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 05-22-2012, 20:21
  3. Off to fight....
    By needles in forum WGF: After Action Reports