Ares Games
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: The Early War Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    That must be "Hair of the Dog" then Neil.

Attachment 154812

Sorry could not find a photo of the actual Serendipity Dog from Tom-tom in the sixties.
    This will have to do.

Rob.
    The boys a real wag .

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Is he trying to figure out which end to pour from?
    See you on the Dark Side......

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    Fetch !!!!
    But it dosen't have a Brandy Barrel around its neck.

Need to get Mission 8 behind us chaps - February approaches rapidly & Peter is in the chair with September 1916 - could we see an Albatros D.I this time out ?!

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Or three'?

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    Is he trying to figure out which end to pour from?
    Dodgy there Neil

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Need to get Mission 8 behind us chaps - February approaches rapidly & Peter is in the chair with September 1916 - could we see an Albatros D.I this time out ?!
    Afraid my gaming space is still part of the great kitchen refurb - will fly Mission 8 asap but still looking like mid Feb

Or three'?
    Bring them on Neil.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Two Albatros DIs. If you have any of the ARES DIIs the stats are the same. I have a pair of Shapeways DIs that I'll post pics Saturday.

Moaning men ! The month of June rapidly approaches - I have PM'd James as he is due to provide us with (the dreaded) mission 13 but as you may be aware he has not been around for some time so may not be available.
    If he is not in a position to do it there are a number of options:
    I can reprise the airfield attack game - as June was the month of Bishops (in)famous attack,
    We can call for volunteers - if anyone has a burning desire to set a game out
    or, we just move the roster up in which case young Baz will have the chair ?

Thoughts / suggestions please

Roster below show how we line up in case that helps:

Jun: James (FarEast) Central Powers - Jan17
    Jul: Barry (Gullyraker) Entente - Feb17
    Aug: Neil (Skafloc) Central Powers - Mar17
    Sep: John (Johnbiggles) Entente - Apr17
    Oct: Trev (Brambo) Central Powers - May17
    Nov: Peter (Teaticket) Central Powers - Jun17
    Dec: Tba ........................ - Jul17
    Jan: Skafloc (Central Powers) - Aug17
    Feb: Baz (Gully_raker) Entente - Sep17
    Mar: Rob (F.O.Kyte) Entente - Oct17

Thumbs up

Thanks Dave!
    I would prefer to wait for July before I do a mission as I have one "on the boil" based around the German withdrawal to the Hindenburg Line.
    If no one else is prepared I would like to suggest your Aerodrome attack would be a great June mission if James is unavailable.

Buzzing the Drome sounds just the ticket old sport.

Not heard from James yet so looks like buzzing the 'drome could be on ! but I may trawl up some other old scenario
    Also looking at scenario 3 from the original OTT - Hunter in the Skies - a one on one with a skilled ace.
    Last edited by flash; 05-29-2015 at 04:52.

Like the Hunter in the skies scenario.
    Rob.

I shall flip a coin or decide something on Sunday - any pleas will be heard !

Nothing heard - I'm thinking that I will save the airfield bash for an option nearer to the date in campaign terms so will post Hunter in the Skies for this months mission - be afraid !!

I snap my fingers in the face of adversity.
    Ouch!
    Kyte.

Nothing heard - I'm thinking that I will save the airfield bash for an option nearer to the date in campaign terms so will post Hunter in the Skies for this months mission - be afraid !!
    Sound choice Dave

Smile

Be afraid! Be very afraid!

Just for info a number of our Eagles have been withdrawn from the campaign due to real life getting in the way leaving just Peter and Neil (and Eric when he can) flying the flag for the Central Powers.
    To that end I have 'hidden' their flight rosters on the spreadsheet until they are ready to rejoin the fray should they be able so avoid opening them up if you can.
    I'm sure they will monitor our continued progress when they can and equally sure you'll join me in wishing them all well and hope they can get back to us in the not too distant future, if not in this campaign then maybe another.

Just for info a number of our Eagles have been withdrawn from the campaign due to real life .... and equally sure you'll join me in wishing them all well and hope they can get back to us in the not too distant future, if not in this campaign then maybe another.
    I'll second that thought - hope real life soon allows our friends to return to the fray

Just for info a number of our Eagles have been withdrawn from the campaign due to real life getting in the way leaving just Peter and Neil (and Eric when he can) flying the flag for the Central Powers.
    To that end I have 'hidden' their flight rosters on the spreadsheet until they are ready to rejoin the fray should they be able so avoid opening them up if you can.
    I'm sure they will monitor our continued progress when they can and equally sure you'll join me in wishing them all well and hope they can get back to us in the not too distant future, if not in this campaign then maybe another.
    Good thinking Dave. Is it worth going on a recruitment drive to get the Eagles numbers up?

Bring it on 2 Eagles are more than a match for any number of Bullfrogs?

"Oh Bullfrogs have no teeth....It should be Bulldog. And they do? Oops!"

Eh, 2 on 7, that looks about even to me. We Huns are used to being outnumbered.

We just fly more missions to make up for it Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Eh, 2 on 7, that looks about even to me. We Huns are used to being outnumbered.

Good thinking Dave. Is it worth going on a recruitment drive to get the Eagles numbers up?
    Probably not - now working on the 'we have built it, they will come' idea !

Ah I see a stint in the USA has improved your humour Neil .

Probably not - now working on the 'we have built it, they will come' idea !
    I wasn't thinking of sticking an ad in the local shop window type recruitment Dave I know Andy (Hawkhurst) might be interested in joining our , or their ranks if he knew there was a place available for him.

Thumbs up

Its a real shame when LIFE gets in the way of our gaming enjoyment & I for one miss our worthy German opponents.

Hopefully some will be able to return to the front in due course.

I wasn't thinking of sticking an ad in the local shop window type recruitment Dave I know Andy (Hawkhurst) might be interested in joining our , or their ranks if he knew there was a place available for him.
    I've not seen him show any interest here. Checking his profile he's into WW2 and not played WW1 so I wonder if he has the kit for this ?
    I shall have a trawl of the threads to see who pops their head in & see if they are interested in playing.

I've not seen him show any interest here. Checking his profile he's into WW2 and not played WW1 so I wonder if he has the kit for this ?
    I shall have a trawl of the threads to see who pops their head in & see if they are interested in playing.

Or in my case I can just gum you to death Neil.
    Rob.

A week or so to run on mission 14 if you're able to do play it - Neil is next in the chair with Mission 15 in March 1917

A week or so to run on mission 14 if you're able to do play it - Neil is next in the chair with Mission 15 in March 1917
    July has flown by - been busy playing two-day board games with John and Paul - note to self "play mission 14 next Monday"

Oh the problems finding time for all these games

Quote Originally Posted by Archidamus View Post
    ..Oh the problems finding time for all these games
    Yeah, I know, right ?! If I'm not playing them I'm writing about them - just transcribed tank & gun data together for Battlegroup rules for my mate. The author approved when I saw him at Bovi !

I hope to fly it this weekend. If not, it will be done by this month's end.

Smile

Will look forward to seeing what "devil doings" Neil has instore for us for next month!

So am I - he is on the case !

Mine is flown. i just need enough time to write it up.
    Rob.

Just a brief note to let you know that as of Monday I'm away for a spot of leave - about ten days if all goes well so if you have any AAR's for me just leave them on the corner of my desk and I'll get to them on my return !
    I may still haunt the forum from a tablet but I'm not sure how the wifi is where I'm going - I certainly won't be in a position to manage the AAR, roll dice etc but I will hopefully be able to keep an eye on what's going on.
    Early warning: Johnbiggles is next in the chair for Septembers clash with Bloody April - I'm looking forward to whatever devilment he may deliver to us !

Enjoy your leave. Don't over do it, can't have you return with your wings drooping!

Have a good one Dave

Off to Kernow for a little R&R - some sun, sea, surf should do the trick !

Have a good one Dave.You have earned it.
    Rob.

Have a great R&R Dave you deserve every minute. Ok you've had your minute now back to work...only kidding...have a good one mate.

Happy holiday Squadron Leader.

Thumbs up

Have a really great break at the Seaside Dave!
    You certainly deserve to "kick back" after all the time you put in managing the AAR's, scores & spreadsheets.

You don't have Sharks around your Island do you? If so take care, they are extremely hungry over here!

Just a brief note to let you know that as of Monday I'm away for a spot of leave - about ten days if all goes well
    I may still haunt the forum from a tablet but I'm not sure how the wifi is where I'm going)
    Good timing! Doing a bit of the same, Dave. Leaving tomorrow. Enjoy your time off without me pestering you with questions.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Death From Above Campaign: An Air and Ground Campaign
    By rkwright in forum WGF: Campaign Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-30-2014, 09:53
  2. early aviation
    By itchy in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-06-2014, 02:10
  3. Christmas comes early.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum Officer's Club