Ares Games
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: The Early War Campaign

Smile

Yes! good to have those new Huns for us to have fun with.
    I think we were running out of targets.

For those Huns who think it will be all over by Christmas, all I will say to that is:-

God bless America.
    Kyte.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

I played mission 7 yesterday.....

Here is how it looked mid-game 12 aircraft took to the skies!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3317.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	204.7 KB 
ID:	174933

Great shot.
    At least it's one from each side on fire.

Note to self : Add clouds and No Man's Land to The List

Lets just say a report has been sent to both Nieuport and Halberstadt about certain issues!

Looks like an interesting encounter James.
    Rob.

Rob, yes it was and it got worse as the battle raged on. Bloody noses on all sides and I think I'll leave the outcome of the fallen to the boss as it were.

It was also the first time using the diceless solo rules cards and really loved it as it real sped things up and gave me a run for my money.

Quote Originally Posted by FarEast View Post
    It was also the first time using the diceless solo rules cards and really loved it as it real sped things up and gave me a run for my money.
    Have you tried this new app from Danjel James http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...le-amp-Desktop

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    Have you tried this new app from Danjel James http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...le-amp-Desktop
    In deed I have Paul! I was following it on FB and its what ignited the old rotary engine again and brought me back, although it only works for 4 aircraft right now so no good for the OTT campaigns currently.

A note to all from Uncle- please don't combine the crash results into the first bit of the Tally as a few have started doing recently: That should just show what happened to the plane and pilot in the air or when it falls out of it ! ie: did it get shot down, how, where, was the pilot shot, did he get a victory etc, and it's from this the end crash result is then calculated. If you can conform to this it makes it soo much easier for me to check the maths eg:

Joe Bloggs / SD - FT / WIA / 0 Victories.
    Tells me he's shot down in friendly territory, he was shot, he scored no victories; I can easily see which modifiers apply

Rolled 5 -1SD -1WIA =3 Severely Injured. Rolled 2 = skip 2 scenarios.
    Tells me what total rolled, modifiers applied & the results of any subsequent rolls.

If you use other methods, even if slightly different, I have to work out how you've done it, maybe check photo's against results & it just takes time to do that, especially if an error has been made.

Your assistance in this would be greatly appreciated !
    Last edited by flash; 09-23-2015 at 04:47.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Noted sir.
    Rob.

Thanks, Uncle. I know I pranged the rolls for my last AAR because I tried to include them all at the same time...

Thanks for all you do to keep the campaign going Dave. I'll try to do my part to make that easier for you!

Right you 'orrible lot !
    December rolls upon us quickly - Teaticket is in the chair - Having scanned the roster I can see there is some catching up to do so I was thinking that I will give you all Christmas off again this year and push Peter's mission back to January. Question is: How does that sit with you chaps ?
    For those who desperately want a game to play I'll provide the Bishop style 'drome busting mission as a filler - it will be slated as an extra and scores will count.

Fine with me Dave. i only have this month to write up so can probably fit in a Bishop mission.
    Rob.

Sounds good to me Dave. The table will be full of Christmas fare so only a small chance of getting a game in over the festive period.

So my mission will be pushed to Feb? NP with this. Need to catch up again as new job is beginning to take its toll.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Yep, everything will slide back a month. Peter is holding fire so if there are any more comments please let me know asap.

Thumbs up

Yes chaps! That will actually suit me just fine as I will be away in Queensland for 6 weeks or so from December 20th so takes any pressure off for the Dec/January games & gives me more time to finalise my next BRF although I already have the "guts" of in planned.

With scenario 19 moving to Jan '16 I will give you a clue to what's coming...you will get a chance to use your, or you have a month to paint up your, flying boats and pontoon planes for the North Sea/Channel. Remember it will be July 1917.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Right you 'orrible lot !
    December rolls upon us quickly - Teaticket is in the chair - Having scanned the roster I can see there is some catching up to do so I was thinking that I will give you all Christmas off again this year and push Peter's mission back to January. Question is: How does that sit with you chaps ?
    For those who desperately want a game to play I'll provide the Bishop style 'drome busting mission as a filler - it will be slated as an extra and scores will count.
    Works for me as well - especially since I am 4 missions behind already.
    I had hoped to get one or two in over Thanksgiving weekend but am in Florida for 2 weeks for work.

Question

What about those who do not have any seaplanes.
    Well I do have one but its German!
    As I will be away from home for 6 weeks no chance of grabbing & painting but suppose I could Launch Camels from a Ship.

I'm in the same boat (shaped hull), I have no floats or boat planes or intent to get any for a one off game but quite happy to skirmish over the briny !
    I do have some dodgy target cards in the works though.. days in moderation queue now.

Nice one Peter.
    How about my RN. Airship?
    Rob.

Default Squadron Stand Down !

The collective seems to be in support so I can announce that the OTT squadrons are stood down for Christmas !
    Those that wish to play catch up and post AAR can do so by all means and as promised I will winkle out the 'drome bash for a second airing for those who do have the time and inclination to play it. Kills & wounds will count if you play it, give me an hour or so to get it posted.
    Peter, thankyou for your patience - all games slide back a month - so we will see what torture you have for us in the new year
    Enjoy the break, have fun with your families and our hobby I'm about to have a game myself right now
    Last edited by flash; 11-30-2015 at 10:30.

May I take this opportunity to say thanks for all the hard work that you have put in behind the scenes on the AAR's and keeping the chart up to date Dave.
    Rob.

My pleasure
    Just managed to give two SE5a the slip with my Hannover, set on fire as I left the table so would have had to put down somewhere pretty quick. Told my mate the Hannover was a slippery devil, not sure he believed me until I hooked a 90 right out of his arc of fire and footled over the target and took my pics before bugging out ! Sorry, no pics, this was for fun !

Target cards of HP 0/400 & Felixstowe at sea & beach are here in the files

The collective seems to be in support so I can announce that the OTT squadrons are stood down for Christmas !
    Those that wish to play catch up and post AAR can do so by all means and as promised I will winkle out the 'drome bash for a second airing for those who do have the time and inclination to play it. Kills & wounds will count if you play it, give me an hour or so to get it posted.
    Peter, thankyou for your patience - all games slide back a month - so we will see what torture you have for us in the new year
    Enjoy the break, have fun with your families and our hobby I'm about to have a game myself right now
    Good news Dave Just back from a very long weekend (Wednesday to today) in Devon with friends, so even happier to see this news as maybe I'll get the games space back from the weaving loom (who said SWMBO could get a new hobby?) and catch up on the backlog

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    What about those who do not have any seaplanes.
    Well I do have one but its German!
    As I will be away from home for 6 weeks no chance of grabbing & painting but suppose I could Launch Camels from a Ship.
    Not a problem, any planes can be used. I just figured being out over the water some new plane choices could be exercised.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Nice one Peter.
    How about my RN. Airship?
    Rob.
    Let me think about this....

Oh Yes!
    Don't worry too much Peter, you know how I twist the scenarios. I will work it in somehow.
    Rob.

Being full of hot air it would make an excellent life preserver for all your shot down pilot crews Rob.

Oh Yes!
    Don't worry too much Peter, you know how I twist the scenarios. I will work it in somehow.
    Rob.

I am so far behind again!
    I took two weeks to play the spy scenario, and three weeks later I still haven't found time to write it up.
    I hope I might find time to catch up a bit over Christmas and the new year, especially if there is an excuse to get out my RN airship, sea plane tender and paint up the short 184s I acquired nearly 3 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by johnbiggles View Post
    I took two weeks to play the spy scenario, and three weeks later I still haven't found time to write it up.
    I hope I might find time to catch up a bit over Christmas and the new year, especially if there is an excuse to get out my RN airship, sea plane tender and paint up the short 184s I acquired nearly 3 months ago.
    I see a busy Christmas for you John.

Quote Originally Posted by johnbiggles View Post
    Keep ploughing on John - always enjoy your offerings when they come along !

Default Out of Office !

Just a heads up that I will be out of the 'Top Office' until Monday as on a tour of inspection of Junior managements barracks in Poole.
    I may still access the site but won't be in a position to process AAR, roll dice etc until I get back. Try not to wreck the joint !
    Uncle

Great! As I am still a junior Officer in this particular incarnation, it's my turn to play silly bug*ers with the Gramophone, Old Joanna, and the Aspidistra.
    To the bar chaps, as the drinks will be on everything, long before the Sods' Opera even kicks off.
    Kyte.

Thumbs up

Great! As I am still a junior Officer in this particular incarnation, it's my turn to play silly bug*ers with the Gramophone, Old Joanna, and the Aspidistra.
    To the bar chaps, as the drinks will be on everything, long before the Sods' Opera even kicks off.
    Kyte.
    Please keep me a Bar stool for me Mr Kyte!
    I will be there ASAP!

Stand by your aircraft, won't be long now until Pete posts his mission N-n-n-n-nineteen !

Props are spinning now the table is free.

Still got 17,18 and the freebie to post up!

Collywobblers and balderdash!

Unhappy

Sadly wont be able to fly this mission until after I return to Moruya on 23rd January.

But you will be able to fly it !

Thumbs up

But you will be able to fly it !
    OH YES!

I am already getting withdrawals symptoms.

We are fast approaching February - Skafloc is in the hot seat next - post it Feb 1st if you can Neil

I'll get back on to it pronto. Must admit it's been on the back burner.

Unhappy

Looks like I wont be able to fly the Submarine Scenario until Feb 5th of 6th at the earliest.
    Its been heavy rain & Storms nearly every day since I got back from Qld & I am soooo far behind on everything!

No worries Baz, we know you're good for it & it'll be a nice way to relax once all the chores are done !

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Death From Above Campaign: An Air and Ground Campaign
    By rkwright in forum WGF: Campaign Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-30-2014, 09:53
  2. early aviation
    By itchy in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-06-2014, 02:10
  3. Christmas comes early.