Ares Games
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Outrider Hobbies / Aerodrome Accessories custom WoW foam trays

I will second that. Use it or lose it springs to mind. Even with some inevitable polerization of spending on each side of the pond, we must try to continue to support our forum.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    I will second that. Use it or lose it springs to mind. Even with some inevitable polerization of spending on each side of the pond, we must try to continue to support our forum.
    Rob.
    As we spend money on your side of the pond. I'm placing an order with Skytrex this week. (single winch observation balloon lorries & other items)

Post My Two Cents

I have gone on a different vector. I had a problem with having the altitude pegs coming off the stands when I was playing the game. So I glued the first peg to each stand. I store the aircraft in their stand and the cards in a seperate tray. This provided me with a standard cut out of 4x6 with a one or two cutout for the wings. I just to put back the planes into the trays without having to match a specific aircraft to it's own slot.

Have Fun,
    Volant Gun.

outriderhobbies's Avatar Owner Outrider Hobbies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Bryan
    Sorties Flown

Gluing is done. I'm going to take some pictures to tease all of you, and get them boxed to ship to the Colonel tomorrow.

See, this project is really progressing!

Can't wait to see the pictures Bryan -- or should your new handle be Teaser?! ;-)

Cheers!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Bryan
    Sorties Flown

Pictures are taken. Watching Chuck with the family, will edit and post soon.

Watching Chuck -- with the Aerodrome waiting with baited breath for the pictures...!!!

TEASER!

Alright, you did say watching with your family so I suppose we can wait a bit longer...

Cheers!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Bryan
    Sorties Flown

Default Outrider/Aerodrome Foam Tray Pictures

OK everyone, it's been a long time coming. You probably didn't even think it was going to happen. Heck the Colonel hasn't even signed off on them yet. But I couldn't let you all wait to at least SEE what we came up with.

First, most of the design work was done by Keith. He did a fantastic job, and the only catch now is to make sure they all fit. (Doubt that will be a problem though.)

Anyways, here are the pictures of the first batch of trays. They will be on their way to Keith for approval, and hopefully available soon.

FCS036 - Generic

The original tray. Holds three small, three large planes and their flight decks. Not perfectly snug, but also good for any plane.

FCS041 - S1-1

Series 1, Tray 1 - Three small, three large, and their flight decks.

FCS042 - S1-2

Series 1, Tray 2 - Three small, three large, and their flight decks.

FCS043 - S2-1

Series 2, Tray 1 - Three small, three large, and their flight decks.

FCS044 - S2-2

Series 2, Tray 2 - Three small, three large, and their flight decks.

FCS045 - S3-1

Series 3, Tray 1 - Three small, three large, and their flight decks.

FCS046 - S3-2

Series 3, Tray 2 - Three small, three large, and their flight decks.

FCS047 - Extras

Damage/Maneuver decks, Aerodrome range ruler, smoke and fire markers.

FCS048 - Deluxe/BB

All planes from the deluxe starter and the two balloon buster planes, and their flight decks.

FCS049 - Balloons

Two balloons.

FCS050 - Central Powers

Planes for the Central Powers and their flight decks.

FCS051 - Triple Entente

Planes for the Triple Entente and their flight decks.

Any questions?

They look great. What is the height of these trays and how many to a case?

Users Country Flag

Name
    Bryan
    Sorties Flown

Keith is planning on trays 1" in thickness, except for the balloons tray which is 3".

With this thickness you can get eleven 1" trays and one 3". This would allow for all four waves, the deluxe set, and the balloons. That also leaves room for an extras tray and a generic one.

Of course you can always pick and choose what trays you want.

Looks excellent. Any idea of price for a bag and set of trays like this. With Christmas coming up and all ...........
    Rob.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Bryan
    Sorties Flown

Well, that is going to be up to Keith. I know what I do my pricing at, but I'm not sure what he has planned, or if he wants to carry the bags that I make. I am sending him a bag with this first batch of trays so he can decide.

Wow Bryan, these look outstanding. Owning 10 or so of your generic trays, I know these new ones will be just as great to use. In fact I may have to pick up a few and try them out -- definitely the balloon and deluxe set trays.

Question: are the Triple Entente and Central Powers trays generic in the sense that they will hold any and all the planes from all the series?

Cheers!

The triple trays hold one of each plane from series 1-3.

Thanks Colonel.

Any ideas on a DoW set of trays? I know, I know, we are never satisfied... ;-)

Cheers!

First we have to get these done! Then I have to figure out how to do Series 4. Then it will be DoW time. There is only two Series for it so far, so not sure how it is going to all work out (only four planes per series, but each tray can hold six planes).

At least you wont' be bored for the near future! ;-)

Thanks for all the work!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Bryan
    Sorties Flown

Keith, I think for WWII, since its still 12 planes in the wave, the 3x3 format would still work ok. If there's any extra room, wouldn't hurt to add a "cargo pod" cut out for extra fiddly bits on the tray.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Bryan
    Sorties Flown

Default Outrider Foam Trays Have Shipped

Hey guys, just a quick update. I shipped the trays and a sample bag off to Keith today. He should have them by Friday.

If you want to check out pictures of the first batch of trays you can see them here:

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/album.php?albumid=309

They look great Bryan.
    Would it be too much trouble to identify what series go in each tray going from left to right and top to bottom?

Ed, I will break that down later tonight.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Keith Todd
    Sorties Flown

Looking forward to seeing the finished product

Quote Originally Posted by Ed2 View Post
    I hope most of you stay loyal to Aerodrome Accessories. The Col. is much more in touch with WoW needs. Maybe not as fast as some would like, but ends up with a superior product.
    I have to ditto this... I am new here, but have been made to feel extremely wlecome. I intend to procur a rather large order from the forum as soon as the trays are made available. I already have a shopping cart full of goodies! I will continue to support my local gaming stores as long as they can get me product as well. I'd rather spend a bit more to keep the hobby alive and well and have a nice place to play it; rather than to skimp and save and as a result watch the hobby dwindle away. Anything else I may need I hope to trade for! Just bring it on!

Might even give up my Warmachine Collection just to fund my fight in the skies!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

[Any questions?[/QUOTE]

Just one please [and I've probably missed the answer]. What size are these trays?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike White View Post
    [Any questions?
    Just one please [and I've probably missed the answer]. What size are these trays?[/QUOTE]

Ooh, and a thought. Could the Balloon trays be made to accept the stands on their sides? It would save some serious space.

Quote Originally Posted by outriderhobbies View Post
    Keith is planning on trays 1" in thickness, except for the balloons tray which is 3".

With this thickness you can get eleven 1" trays and one 3". This would allow for all four waves, the deluxe set, and the balloons. That also leaves room for an extras tray and a generic one.

Of course you can always pick and choose what trays you want.
    Is this the info you were looking for Mike?
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Hajj View Post
    1. Final price has not been worked out yet, but somewhere in the neighborhood of $12 a tray

2. Sorry, can't answer that as I'm not up to speed on the Plano boxes. The tray are 7.5 x 13 inches though.

3. I have not finished designing the Series 4 tray yet. They will come a bit later.

4. It's still up in the air. i think I personally like this style best, but most others seem to like the other way.
    Or this more full answer from the Col.
    Rob.

So my next question is: does anyone have a link to where we can buy the Plano boxes these fit into?

A quick update, I have the trays in hand and have loaded them up with my planes... I must say they are all a nice fit!

I also have one of the Force Operation bags to test out for use with Wings of War. As I look at my mini shelf right now I have the following bags on it:

Army Transport (both old and new)
    S&S Designs
    Portable Warefare
    Battle Foam

I have to say that the construction and feel of the Force Operations bag is much better then I thought it would be. It has a very thick plastic plate on the top and bottom, nice thick padding on all sides and the material is thicker and heavier duty then any of the other bags I have. There are just a couple of minor things I change to taylor it more to WoW, but I'm really impressed with it.

I'll have more details and photos up in the next day or so, but I can tell you guys that if you want the nicest, most protective transport system out there, this is going to be the way to go. As you guys know, if I was not really happy with these, they would be going back to the design phase.

The box I ended up using was not a Plano but one from Bass Pro Shops. I have no number for it. The size is roughly 9 x 14. It comes with dividers that will allow you to have 24 compartments each roughly 2 1/4 x 2 1/4. This case will allow you to carry up to12 of the smaller planes, their card decks and posts. The cells can be filled with 1" foam to carry the planes securely. My case was modified a little with cardboard dividers and holds 2 D VII, 2 D Va, 1 Snipe, 2 Camels, 1 Spad, 1 Nieuport, 1 Dr 1, 1 SE5a and 1 UFAG.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Bryan
    Sorties Flown

Hey guys, I spoke to one of my local stores today. I am going to get some of the FFG sleeves to see about making alternate trays that allow for them. Space may be an issue, but we're going to try.

That would be great Bryan! I use the sleeves on all my maneuver decks, and I can just get them in the generic trays, but with some deformation to the foam. I don't know if you have the room; perhaps an offset to the card wells?

Cheers!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Bryan
    Sorties Flown

Once I have the sleeves, I'm going to see how I can adjust them. Hopefully later this week.

Quote Originally Posted by outriderhobbies View Post
    Once I have the sleeves, I'm going to see how I can adjust them. Hopefully later this week.
    This development would also interest me. Any more info on the balloon trays?
    Rob.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Bryan
    Sorties Flown

Just waiting on the Colonel's approval. I don't have any balloons myself, so I can't attest to how they work in person, but I don't think there will be any issues.

I would like to officially announce the newest product from Aerodrome Accessories, the Aerodrome Accessories Hangers. Have a look guys, it's what you have been waiting for!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Missions

1. KR Multicase Foam Trays
    By NeilCFord in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-03-2010, 14:48
  2. Figures in Comfort Foam Trays
    By NeilCFord in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 09-18-2010, 05:03
  3. Silly Custom cards!
    By =Binks= in forum Hobby Room