Ares Games
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Series 4 Miniatures

Default Series 4 Miniatures

As post over on Merlin's wonderful site, Wings of War - Les PreFous Volants, the first previews of the Series 4 WWI aircraft are out.

Two Breguet BR.14 color schemes.

Two Rumpler C.IV color schemes.

And finally, the much awaited RAF Se.5a of Bishop!

Pfalz D.III

Images provied by Andrea and Vincenzo.

Thumbs up

Very cool, very cool indeed!

I'm looking forward to getting the SE.5a!

Any word on a date yet?
    Last edited by kaufschtick; 08-22-2009 at 16:51.

Although I might have preferred a Nieu.17 for Bishop, the Se5a is just splendid.

Can't wait for more minis - balloons, bombers, and maybe someday a Brisfit!

On a thoroughly unrelated note is it possible to remove the type 6 letters before we post? It's tough enough on an iPod!

Grant, that goes away after a few post. However, I'm manually updated your account to remove it.

I'm glad they are releasing some new planes, and especially the Se5a. It was a very important aircraft of the war and is way over due for a mini. As for the 17 for Bishop, that would be a good one for a repaint.

Name
    Holger Hofmann
    Sorties Flown

Amazing!

We don't have stats for the two Rumplers yet, but for the other three there were cards allready, correct?

I'm not sure about the cards and Rumplers... I've never even looked at all the plane cars I have

Name
    Holger Hofmann
    Sorties Flown

I have only the Deluxe Set plus four extra planes so far, so I'm not able to control those Yahoo! files by myself (see no. 6).

Edit:

Did a little research about the Rumplers and found out that it looks like the WoW-Germans will get just another B/B or even -/B plane. (The Breguets shown above are A/A and B/A.)

I was able to find some infos about the first one and as supposed by the camo it was from the Navy.
    Last edited by Nekrodamus; 08-24-2009 at 08:32.

When Andrea gets back from vacation and catches up on things, I can see what else he can tell us.

Oberst Huah

These aircraft look nice. What other a/c are in tis series?

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Huah View Post
    These aircraft look nice. What other a/c are in tis series?
    I believe we are looking at, as per the Col.'s thread: http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?t=78

Balloon Busters
    Drachen Caquot/AE800 + Nieuport 16 (rockets)

then Series 4 proper:
    R.A.F. SE5a
    Pfalz D.III
    Breguet BR.14 B2
    Rumpler C.IV-VII

And Series 5 is supposed to be:
    Morane Saulnier N
    Fokker E.III
    Airco DH.2
    Halberstadt D.III

Any way you look at it, it's going to be a mighty fine year for Wings of War!

I can't wait to get hold of those Se.5a's they will definitely equalize matters in the air!

Yeah, the Se.5a's have everyone on the edge of their seats!

Users Country Flag

Name
    David Thren
    Sorties Flown

I don't believe that there are Rumplers in the card set series. How can they be minis before being included in a card set? Or is this also a card release?

Quote Originally Posted by Davot View Post
    I don't believe that there are Rumplers in the card set series. How can they be minis before being included in a card set? Or is this also a card release?
    These are minis that we're talking about. Not sure about the Rumplers in card form as I don't even open my cards in the board games.

Setarius's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Talking Rumplers

Just went through all my cards and no Rumplers. Since the mini's for them are coming out could there be Rumplers in the Balloon Busters set that is due out about the same time? Just a thought.

Users Country Flag

Name
    David Thren
    Sorties Flown

What do you do with those cards? Ebay? What about the maneuver decks?

Setarius's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Ebay?? Not hardly. I have never Ebayed anything, either buying or selling. I know people that do all the time, but I don't. As it is i have a $25 gift certificate to Amazon left over from Christmas I have yet to use, can't find anything I want on there.
    I use most of what I have when I am using cards rather than mini's. When I use cards I let the people playing look through them and pick what plane they want, this way people can have the same planes but different color schemes. Even if we play 6 people and they all choose to play the same plane.
    If we are using the same planes and don't have enough maneuver decks I spread the deck at the end of the table and tell people to write down the number of the card on a sheet of paper and we move them that way. This way takes a little more thought and planning but, it works in quick games.

Well, the card does come with the mini... so it might be a marketing stratagy to get card only players to start picking up minis.

I don't think there will be plane cards in the Balloon Buster set besides the Ni17.

Quote Originally Posted by Setarius View Post
    As it is i have a $25 gift certificate to Amazon left over from Christmas I have yet to use, can't find anything I want on there.
    They sell minis on Amazon. I've seen them. What else could you want?

http://www.amazon.com/Wings-War-Mini...812456&sr=8-13

Users Country Flag

Name
    John
    Sorties Flown

Can't wait to get a Se. 5a

It will be good to see how the Se.5a's will do against the Fokker DVII's

I'm looking forward to the S.E.5a as well. Really the only thing wrong with minis is that they can't be released fast enough .

I am awating the 2 seaters both the French and German ones, 2 seaters are the best in my view

Just got word from FFG that this series is at best 3-4 months out... so we are looking at around February or March most likely

On the positive side, that gives me more time to hoard away enough $$ to buy more airplanes.

That is a bright side, but I'm afraid it can not light the darkness of having to leave these planes out of the first Knights of the Air World Wide Campaign

The Rumpler will also be, as cards only, in the Crossfire booster pack together with the Bristol Fighter and other two-seaters.

Not my fault if Austrians and Germans used single machineguns on almost all their two-seaters...

Balloon Busters will include the Nieuport 16.

All the best!

Andrea

Name
    Victor
    Sorties Flown

When will the Crossfire booster packs be out?

Early 2010, I'd say.

I am dying to get Bishops Se5.a and Immelmanns Fokker E.III!!! Hope Series 4 and 5 come out soon!

They will not be out until some time in 2010... look for Series 4 around the February or March time frame at the very earliest.

Next year is better than never.
    (And I will have more time to buy the Minis from series 1-3.)
    Last edited by The Blue Baron; 10-30-2009 at 09:15.

Feb or Mar, well that's put paid to my Christmas list. Back to the drawing board.

Any new artwork available? Love to see pictures of the Pfalz.

It would be lovely - Pfalz is a real sinister beauty, it's the plane I wait for the most!

I haven't seen it's agility in card expansions because I started right away with miniatures, but at least it should be rugged.

Okay, I talked with Andrea and he was nice enough to give me the preview art for the Pfalz. The three miniatures will actually be three from the Burning Drachens cards (not the previewed plane now in the first post):

Pfalz D.III Leutnant Fritz Höhn Jasta 21s Luftstreitkräfte (Germany)
    Pfalz D.III Leutnant Hans Klein Jasta 10 Luftstreitkräfte (Germany)
    Pfalz D.IIIa Vizefeldwebel Max Hotlzem Jasta 16b Luftstreitkräfte (Germany)

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Hajj View Post
    Okay, I talked with Andrea and he was nice enough to give me the preview art for the Pfalz. The three miniatures will actually be three from the Burning Drachens cards (not the previewed plane now in the first post):

Pfalz D.III Leutnant Fritz Höhn Jasta 21s Luftstreitkräfte (Germany)
    Pfalz D.III Leutnant Hans Klein Jasta 10 Luftstreitkräfte (Germany)
    Pfalz D.IIIa Vizefeldwebel Max Hotlzem Jasta 16b Luftstreitkräfte (Germany)
    This will be cool! I'm actually thinking of painting one like Bruno Stachel's from The Blue Max...

Quote Originally Posted by bsmith13 View Post
    This will be cool! I'm actually thinking of painting one like Bruno Stachel's from The Blue Max...
    Good call! I love having a few repaints flying around, come colour and choice in the game.

Haven't got the box, can anyone post some scans?

BGG has the pictures from the cards.

Ah, thx!

kannoneer

Default Pfalz

I want the Pfalz being the Blue Max is my favorite movie and they just look mean.

Has anyone compact information about Holtzem's career? He was some kind of test pilot in Plfalz company, but what about his career as a combat pilot, any scores?

Quote Originally Posted by Jäger View Post
    Has anyone compact information about Holtzem's career? He was some kind of test pilot in Plfalz company, but what about his career as a combat pilot, any scores?
    Maybe you want to look here.

Let's just hope the German planes are more to scale than the ones from series 3. What was up with that? (maybe it's just the landing gear...)

The series 3 Nieuport and RE8 models I got were fine. I take it you're referring to the Albatros D3 models ? The wings and fuselage look spot on, but the wing struts and undercarriage are twice as thick as those on the DVa models which I think makes the whole model look wrong. I'm looking at replacing or thinning the ones on mine, although I'm a bit worried about wrecking the model. I'll see how the 3 I'm repainting turn out before I start chopping bits off them

Here are some pics of the planes and other upcoming Wings of War stuff...

lol - just postet that link in the "eyecandy" thread Very nice stuff, very nice! Still no informations about the damage decks.

Those are pretty incredible looking prototypes. I loved the one with the black and white tail section, pretty awesome stuff.

I wonder how long it takes to go from their prototypes to production!

Those WWII planes do look good!

I think Andrea said something in his interview with me about the production times.

Also, that Eye Candy thread was about the Site, not the name... so I cleaned it up.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. The complete WWI Wings of War series - Detailed
    By Desaix in forum WGF: Rules Help
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-19-2016, 16:10
  2. WGF: Flight of Giants
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 218
    Last Post: 09-28-2010, 09:24
  3. WGF: Hit & Run booster
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements